Media Tom Aspinal: "Fastest right hand at HW"

Might I suggest a thread title spell-check sir ,before posting.

it ain't that hard.
A space before your comma, no space after your comma, and no capital letter on the first word starting a new sentence, and you are giving this guy shit for spell check?

FFS.

Jones doesn't want that smoke.

I really don't like Blaydes chances against him, he's going to need a solid gameplan Tom is good everywhere.

I really don't like Blaydes chances against him, he's going to need a solid gameplan Tom is good everywhere.

i think Blaydes would have a better chance if his wrestling was more of a threat. it seems like he's been training his hands a lot these recent years but because of that his wrestling has fallen off big time.

To all the Jones haters:

If Jones faces and beats Aspinall, it won’t help his already GOAT legacy, it’ll just mean to fans that aspinall was “never that good.”

The GOAT knows this, so why bother?

I’d love to see the fight, but it isn’t some “seal the deal” kinda thing like people make it out to be. Jones is already miles ahead in GOAT status.

Yeah, jones is jones. He’s already done more than almost anyone else in the history of the sport. I wish we could get a few more heavyweight fights, though.

Blaydes is never an easy fight. He has a KO punch. But whoever has the fastest and can land faster, can finish the fight.

What a horrible boast in a shitty division. I’m surprised he didn’t blow out his knee

Lol bro surrounded by yes men ting ridiculous "yo Tommy fam who care if Ngannou n Poatan score higher on di video game ting fam we finna hit pads show di #wagwan widdat speed don't trip eggheads be cappin anyway how you even measure displacement on dat ting LMFAOLll 💯 🧢🧢 iight hit record fam we finna go viral"

All due respect Tommy Boy let di big players hash it out keep working on dat power tho I fully believe you'll become world champ one day intercontinental belt just di beginning 🗣️📠

ari tinari

What’s your point? Do you remember any fights where speed play a factor in wrecking an opponent?
Every time an older lighter fighter gets beaten it’s because of loss of speed. Or when a lighter fighter moves up in weight, they will win because of their speed. But yes I agree with you, I can’t think of any fight when it’s clear that speed is the deciding factor.

Blaydes is mids and shits the bed in every big fight. Tom will knock him out.
To be fair as well though I don't think Tom has really had many situations were he was really tested mentally either, he's only had one UFC fight which went to the 2nd round and that was vs a very passive Arlovski who wasnt throwing much back.

I think the two main potential weaknesses for me could be his striking defence isnt perhaps as good as he thinks it is and he's not really tested in terms of cardio or mentally in long fights, if Bladyes takes him down and smothers him for a couple of rounds how is it going to go?

Aspinal definitely does stand out as a rare modern HW who really does look physically and technically very gifted, his ceiling is I think higher than anyone else around right now but he's still a bit of an unknown quantity.

To be fair as well though I don't think Tom has really had many situations were he was really tested mentally either, he's only had one UFC fight which went to the 2nd round and that was vs a very passive Arlovski who wasnt throwing much back.

I think the two main potential weaknesses for me could be his striking defence isnt perhaps as good as he thinks it is and he's not really tested in terms of cardio or mentally in long fights, if Bladyes takes him down and smothers him for a couple of rounds how is it going to go?

Aspinal definitely does stand out as a rare modern HW who really does look physically and technically very gifted, his ceiling is I think higher than anyone else around right now but he's still a bit of an unknown quantity.
That's why I think blaydes has a good chance. We've seen him fight everyone and he's been tested. We know his capabilities. Where as Tom is a big unknown. Yeah he's been running through everyone and has looked great doing it but how does he look when he's fighting someone that he can't run through?

That's why I think blaydes has a good chance. We've seen him fight everyone and he's been tested. We know his capabilities. Where as Tom is a big unknown. Yeah he's been running through everyone and has looked great doing it but how does he look when he's fighting someone that he can't run through?
You could argue Aspinall does have some shades of Frank Mir to him, big powerful/fast BJJ guy who also shows more raw striking ability but I think we can say already that he's less passive than Mir, more willing to make his own openings. Still though there are definate big unknown around him still and Blaydes is obviously not a pushover, how aggressive BJJ fighters deal with controling wrestlers as well can vary significantly.

I would say style wise though this seems like it maybe a bad fight for Bladyes, if you've been shown to be rather flakey yourself then fighting someone with what looks like strong finishing ability werever the fight goes is not really ideal.

Last edited:
To all the Jones haters:

If Jones faces and beats Aspinall, it won’t help his already GOAT legacy, it’ll just mean to fans that aspinall was “never that good.”

The GOAT knows this, so why bother?

I’d love to see the fight, but it isn’t some “seal the deal” kinda thing like people make it out to be. Jones is already miles ahead in GOAT status.

It's sure better for his legacy, than going out as a duck.

And there is much more chance of fans saying Stipe is old and washed up if Jon beats him, than that people will say Aspinall was never that good.

I know 'he was never that good" is kind of a meme on here. But everytime someone says that about a fighter, it's always a very small minority of people and the rest of the forum is basically dunking on them. So it's not really representative of most fans.

Back