Who should Pereira fight at HW?

Jones. I'd be ok with Poatan skipping the line. 2 division champ with brutal stand up finishes vs a GOAT with good enough wrestling ability to make it interesting. I'd like this fight way more than Aspinall vs Poatan or Stipe vs Jones.

He's not beating Jones or Aspinall. Both guys would just take him down and sub him. If we want to see him actually have a chance of winning, it needs to be against a striker. Gane would be a good fight.

Anything other than a title shot is a waste of time for Poatan.

He'll be 37 by his next fight this summer and getting further from his athletic window. PPV share for UFC 300 will be a multi-million payday for Alex. I don't think we see him fight more than another year or two.

Jones should be stripped and have Aspinall x Pereira for the undisputed heavyweight title. Offer Jon a title shot upon return.

Stipe or some other geriatric before he fights for the title

poatan is on the wrong side of 30. We need as many fights from him ASAP. Do him vs Tom. I'd love to see him vs Jones but I think Jon only wants Stipe. Jones is a terrible matchup for Poatan too stylistically. Tom vs Alex is the fight to make.

From how Dana was talking at the press conference I don't think he wants Alex in the mix at HW yet. He seemed like he wanted Alex to stay at 205 for now until The HW situation is figured out.

Anything other than a title shot is a waste of time for Poatan.

He'll be 37 by his next fight this summer and getting further from his athletic window. PPV share for UFC 300 will be a multi-million payday for Alex. I don't think we see him fight more than another year or two.

Jones should be stripped and have Aspinall x Pereira for the undisputed heavyweight title. Offer Jon a title shot upon return.
<mma4>

Anyone but Aspinall. He has less than 0% chances of winning that, as do many of the HW’s. Jones would also be a problematic matchup. So Gane or Miocic.

Anyone but Aspinall. He has less than 0% chances of winning that, as do many of the HW’s. Jones would also be a problematic matchup. So Gane or Miocic.

Miocic would wrestle the fuck out of him

I agree, but Stipe is older snd slower which means at least more of a chance for Poatan to land something.

true

honestly the UFC should just have him fight strikers though. i know people will complain that he is being "protected", but still it is what the viewer base wants to see. might as well just have him fight Prozhazkha again and if he wins that make the move up to heavyweight

I would like to see him against Ankalaev before he attempts a heavyweight fight. Both the champion and interim champion at heavyweight are strong wrestlers, which everyone agrees is his weakness. Ankalaev is his biggest test at LHW. He gets past that and it makes a HW fight more interesting.

I would like to see him against Ankalaev before he attempts a heavyweight fight. Both the champion and interim champion at heavyweight are strong wrestlers, which everyone agrees is his weakness. Ankalaev is his biggest test at LHW. He gets past that and it makes a HW fight more interesting.

Ankalaev probably wrestle fucks him. I wouldn't be surprised if he could put Pereira out on the feet either

Well since jones is never fighting again and tom wants to defend, throw them in together as a sacrifice to JBG

Back