GOATs need to have fought at least 40 times

Dozer .

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
and have had a win streak of over 15 fights.

Only two men qualify.

Fedor Emelianenko - 43 fights, 27 fight win streak

Anderson Silva - 43 fights, 17 fight win streak

The 2 GOATs

6F347712-050D-455D-B7CA-BE6E0866B883.jpeg 8C17BE06-B9BB-482E-9C01-F7E196472EC4.jpeg

Yeap, Longevity matters.

It's not about how many fights you have, it's about how many fights you have against elite competition.
IMHO Jones and GSP have equally good resumes, if not better.

It's hard to rack up that many fights if you become a dominant UFC champion early on in your career though. Quality of opponents matters more.

It's not about how many fights you have, it's about how many fights you have against elite competition.
That's because you were in diapers when Fedor was fighting the best of the best, and now you're looking back revisionist style. You don't know any better. Fedor never had to take steroids like Jones.

Travis Fulton

Over 300 fights

40 fight win streak

28 fight win streak

24 fight win streak

GOAT

GOAT needs to have atleast 5 million total PPV sales.

Only one man in MMA qualify.

Very true about the competition but guys like Jones and Spider obviously are tainted so I'd disqualify them also. For me the GOAT should age well also like Tom Brady. MVP at 40. For now id go with GSP as GOAT, beat top competition, 2 division champ and hasn't fallen off at all really.

Yeah but if you drop 5 or 6 on your way out what good is it?

Says who? Sounds more like you are making up certain rules to eliminate some fighters.

55 -10

32 fight win streak..

20081203094510_igorvovchanchyn.JPG

Last edited:
Where do you rank GSP, TS?

He brings up Fedor and Anderson, and they are both incredible, but GSP has almost as many Top 5 wins as Fedor and Anderson combined.

So if Silva would've retired after the Bonnar win at 33-4, he would have been disqualified from GOAT talk? He had to continue fighting and go 1-4-1 in his next 6 fights to earn the GOAT status. Interesting.

Horn

Jeremy-Horn.jpg

120 fights, 91-24, 18 & 15 fight win streaks

Last edited:
why 40? sounds like a randomly made up number. why not 35? why not 47?

Very true about the competition but guys like Jones and Spider obviously are tainted so I'd disqualify them also. For me the GOAT should age well also like Tom Brady. MVP at 40. For now id go with GSP as GOAT, beat top competition, 2 division champ and hasn't fallen off at all really.

Yea, where most fighters decline and go out on some losses, GSP is currently on a 13 fight streak, 11 of which were title fights. He is highly unusual in that respect.

Back