GOATs need to have fought at least 40 times

LOL at “Top 5” in that overrated division

Hardy, Fitch, Kos, Alves, Hughes....LOL at all these “Top 5” guys. Fedor would have beaten all of them in a single night.
Fedor fought much better, much more dangerous opponents.

You mention Hardy but conveniently leave out:
Jake Shields Shooto, Elite XC and Strikeforce champ who was viewed as the best 185er not in the UFC for years and had his own 15 fight win streak snapped by GSP.
Nick Diaz another Strikeforce champ that had a 15-2-1 run after losing to Sean Sherk before fighting GSP.
Carlos Condit WEC champ that was on a 14-1 run when he fought GSP, had only gone to decision 4 times in his career at that point.
BJ Penn
Johny Hendricks
Bisping
Let's not act like Fedor doesn't have more than his fair share of suspect competition during his reign of dominance.

It's not about how many fights you have, it's about how many fights you have against elite competition.
IMHO Jones and GSP have equally good resumes, if not better.

It has to be a mix of the two. It was so awkward when people called Cain the Goat after fighting like 12 times vs 8 opponents...

and have had a win streak of over 15 fights.

Only two men qualify.

Fedor Emelianenko - 43 fights, 27 fight win streak

Anderson Silva - 43 fights, 17 fight win streak

The 2 GOATs

View attachment 374553 View attachment 374555
Or we wait because we are judging a sport that is 20 years old, trying to figure out who is GOAT......

If your still active your out of the running IMO

Anderson said it best at the hight of his career when he was asked if he thought he was the best....He said judge me when my career is done...

You forgot they also need to pass drug tests TS guess that only leaves Fedor

<mma4>

TS just got PWned with his own logic. Nice.
Are nerds like you still using pwned? Noone even mentioned Fulton as a potential candidate, the guy's whole career was one giant can crushing money grab and has been a running joke forever. But the sheer number and quality of wins stands out immediately with one glance at the careers of Fedor, Anderson, Nog, Crocop etc.

How do you feel about Demetrious Johnson?
To me he isn't in the Goat discussion, title defenses aren't everything. I have him below Holloway because he hasn't beaten any greats and is 0-1 against UFC champions. He's had plenty of chances to prove himself by moving back up and fighting for the 135lb title or defending his belt against TJ but he refused. I mean he was offered Cruz and he turned it down ffs. It's not like fighting Cruz will take years of your career and Cruz is the last person to beat him so you think he'd really want that fight.

Are nerds like you still using pwned? Noone even mentioned Fulton as a potential candidate, the guy's whole career was one giant can crushing money grab and has been a running joke forever. But the sheer number and quality of wins stands out immediately with one glance at the careers of Fedor, Anderson, Nog, Crocop etc.
Calm down son, I'm a Fedor fan. I just hate when ppl make up silly rules for GOAT status and act as if they have solved it for everybody.

GOAT is a matter of opinion and so is P4P.

Random number doesn’t mean much.

Also, any GOAT list with proven PED cheaters like Jones and Silva doesn’t have much credibility.

puzzles me that people think they can invent their own criteria and make it a universal truth. pretty funny.

Goats need to have fought at least 110 times. Jeremy Horn is the GOAT by my arbitrary standard. Similar to what you're doing here.
i agree. the only possible goats are horn and that other dude who fought alot.

Well fuck me....Dozer is coming up with new rules.

Would you look at that?!

<LikeReally5>

Jones smashes both of these legends. No reasoning to why he doesn't beat them both on the same night

You're confusing the popularity of an opinion with the popularity of a fighter.

No I'm not. There're more people who would call Conor GOAT MMA fighter than there are people who even know Fedor, because casuals outnumber hardcores 20 to 1, and in the eyes of your average casual MMA fan who can barely name 5 fighters, Conor is GOAT. And since GOAT is inherently subjective and not an objective fact independent of human consciousness like say the laws of physics, GOAT is simply whoever gets the most vote.

For example, UFC did a social media poll recently and Conor Diaz 2 was voted greatest UFC fight of all time. Conor is not only GOAT, he's also responsible for the greatest UFC fight of all time, just like Trump was the best US presidential candidate, because popular opinions make it so. That's how democracy works, long live democracy!

Back