Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Can you read? I said there's nothing booked other than a bunch of TUF do-overs and some bottom feeders that don't sort out the rankings. Half those fights are essentially TUF do-overs, Eye vs. Clark is a battle of the gatekeepers, the only fights that do anything are Davis vs. Chookagian and Liz vs. Maia, and those ones are 2.5-3 months out. Oh, and Shevchenko's "title shot" hasn't even been signed, who the fuck know when/if that's even happening.
Lol all fighters in the top 10 have a fight coming up, that's probably the only division where this phenom is happening and you literally said "no fights booked", just admit you were wrong and you were talking out of your ass and let's move on, jeez.

Dana White already confirmed Shevchenko being next and UFC has been trying to make that fight for a while, the only thing preventing it from happening in July has been Nicco's health issues. You are totally misinformed, it seems.

Invicta FC 29 Weigh-in Results
Sarah Kaufman (133.7) vs. Katharina Lehner (135) – for vacant bantamweight title
Pannie Kianzad (134.8) vs. Bianca Daimoni (139.6)*
Pearl Gonzalez (123.8) vs. Bárbara Acioly (126.3)*
Julia Avila (135.8) vs. Marciea Allen (135.8)
Liz Tracy (125.1) vs. Cheri Muraski (125.6)
Sarah Kleczka (133.8) vs. Lisa Spangler (134.5)
Allison Schmidt (145.1) vs. Macy Chiasson (144.7)
Helen Peralta (115.6) vs. Cheyanne Vlismas (115.7)

* – Daimoni and Acioly were each fined 25 percent of their fight purses for missing weight

The point about the tuf girls being matched with each other is totally fair, Dobson is the only one who has faced a non-tuf, with Robertson due to do so - but against debutants. 2 of the tuf girls have moved to straw and 4 have been cut. No reason why Eubanks, Murphy, Modafferi and Honchak shouldn't be fighting Davis, Carmouche, Chookagian etc. rather than each other. I suppose there's a particular reason for the Ostovich DelaRosa match up.

I don't think the non-tuf girls are being sidelined though, most of them look online to getting 3 fights by the end of the year, but yes it's poor matchmaking to ghettoize the tuf vets.

The worst part is that many of the TUF women are already veterans of the sport. They're not a bunch of newbies whose careers you're trying to develop, they've been there and done that, you can throw them right in the deep end.

Lol all fighters in the top 10 have a fight coming up, that's probably the only division where this phenom is happening and you literally said "no fights booked", just admit you were wrong and you were talking out of your ass and let's move on, jeez.

How about no. How about you admit you stopped reading as soon as you got to "no fights booked" in the post in question. Because the very next sentence explained why the division was and is stalled along with why the matchmaking is retarded. Did you even look at your own matchup chart and think through the results? Run all the matches through and what changes? A bunch of TUF fighters trade a position in the rankings, a couple fringe top 10s trade positions, and maybe Jennifer Maia gets into the rankings. The only meaningful change is Davis vs. Chookagian, and possibly Maia. 1, maybe 2 fights out of 6 will actually do anything to sort out the division.

Dana White already confirmed Shevchenko being next and UFC has been trying to make that fight for a while, the only thing preventing it from happening in July has been Nicco's health issues. You are totally misinformed, it seems.

You actually believe Dana White? Please be serious here.

How about no. How about you admit you stopped reading as soon as you got to "no fights booked" in the post in question. Because the very next sentence explained why the division was and is stalled along with why the matchmaking is retarded. Did you even look at your own matchup chart and think through the results? Run all the matches through and what changes? A bunch of TUF fighters trade a position in the rankings, a couple fringe top 10s trade positions, and maybe Jennifer Maia gets into the rankings. The only meaningful change is Davis vs. Chookagian, and possibly Maia. 1, maybe 2 fights out of 6 will actually do anything to sort out the division. .
You wrote "no fights booked", what is factually wrong. There are many important fights booked, these fights just aren't the ones you want. Very different.

It's like saying the welterweight division is stalled because the matchmaking with Colby-RDA, Thompson-Till, Maia-Usman, Masvidal-Magny and Cerrone-Edwards isn't ideal.. lol

The problem with the way you're thinking it's because you think the only thing that will happen are the winners and losers swapping rankings spots..

I don't wanna sound arrogant, but apparently you don't understand how easily these rankings can change.
If you're the #8 and you beat the #7, you can surpass #6 if he's coming of a loss.

Just the Maia-Carmouche fight can change everything, because if Maia somehow finishes her you gotta think Maia will be ranked in the top 6 or 5. The winner of Eye-JRC also goes up some spots, probably to the top 7 at least. Win streaks are important.

The loser of Honchak-Roxy for example will probably move down 2 or 3 spots. Should Carmouche lose, she's also going down 2 or 3 spots.

I thought Invicta was during the weekends, completely forgot about it being tomorrow. I'm really excited about this card, the main event should be fun (personally rooting for Lehner but I don't really care who wins) and hope to see more improvement from Gonzalez since her last fight! I'm also interested in seeing Julia Avila (who holds wins over Marion Reneau and Nicco Montano) vs. Marciea Allen.

I thought Invicta was during the weekends, completely forgot about it being tomorrow. I'm really excited about this card, the main event should be fun (personally rooting for Lehner but I don't really care who wins) and hope to see more improvement from Gonzalez since her last fight! I'm also interested in seeing Julia Avila (who holds wins over Marion Reneau and Nicco Montano) vs. Marciea Allen.

I just read the weigh in results and it STILL didn't click in my head that the fights were tommorow and not Saturday until you posted this.

I'm sure I'd have realized by the time the card started, but damn.

The last Invicta event that had no overweights was last January
at Invicta FC 21 but since then all of the events have had at least
one fight effected by an overweight fighter.

I always enjoy the Invicta weighins on YouTube but tonight's edition was definitely a collector's item. Nothing from the UFC but a weird angle from Invicta itself. No Shannon, no Kaitlin, infact the show is being run by Cynthia Vance. No ring boy either and only one ring girl, the ever dependable Natasha Kingsbury. Throw in the hottest fighter bust up in mma history Pearl Gonzalez and Barbara Acioly ....... great stuff

I really think the UFC matchmakers need another person just to do the women's divisions. It is hard enough to tackle the pile of male fighters already on their docket and a lot of their signings are questionable. Mainly by word of mouth because fighters at the same gym recommend them.

Shannon Knapp and Kaitlin Young have a good eye for up and coming talent. It is what makes Invicta great.

I think the TUF format is done. When the new network deal is in place, I think TUF will be put out of its misery and replaced the contenders series. What they have done there I think has been the best thing outside of utilizing Invicta.

I personally like the UFC taking talent from Invicta and even supplementing up and coming talent there. Problem is they are in too much of a hurry to bring them up. Let them get at least three fights there to prove their worth and get them cage time.

I think Invicta has changed a lot since the first several cards as they are in the star building business and they had some ready made ones at the beginning. Hard to really compare because the model had to change.

My two cents.

The last Invicta event that had no overweights was last January
at Invicta FC 21 but since then all of the events have had at least
one fight effected by an overweight fighter.
I think Invicta waits too long to finalize cards. Pannie vs Bianca was announced on April 9th. Not sure when both were first told to start weight prep...

Sometimes it's not their fault, though, when finding late replacements who most likely won't make weight.

Last edited:
I think Invicta waits too long to finalize cards. Sometimes it's not their fault, though, when finding late replacements who most likely won't make weight.

Only last minute replacement this time was Sarah Kleczka and she made weight.

Glad you mentioned it, as I'd thought it was the next day.

Friday May 4, Invicta 29. 'Live...from the Scottish Rite Temple in Kansa City, Missouri...'

Really exicted for it too! Kauffman - Lehner is for the vacant Bantamweight championship.

Does anyone know if Pearl will continue to fight at 125? or is this a one off since this fight was made about a month ago? She looked really small when she faced off against her opponent.

She said she wanted to fight in both. Also her opponent is huge for 125 and missed weight.

Does anyone know if Pearl will continue to fight at 125? or is this a one off since this fight was made about a month ago? She looked really small when she faced off against her opponent.

She told me she is looking to go between both in my interview with her at the last Invicta. Maybe become a two weight champion

I always enjoy the Invicta weighins on YouTube but tonight's edition was definitely a collector's item. Nothing from the UFC but a weird angle from Invicta itself. No Shannon, no Kaitlin, infact the show is being run by Cynthia Vance. No ring boy either and only one ring girl, the ever dependable Natasha Kingsbury. Throw in the hottest fighter bust up in mma history Pearl Gonzalez and Barbara Acioly ....... great stuff

I must admit I got a big kick out of tiny little Cynthia Vance getting in the middle of things. If they had really gone after it I think it would have been shades of Dave Scholer(sp?) between Cormier and Jones.

Here is a rundown of the weekend and where to watch:

Friday

• 3 p.m. pst/6 p.m. est - TKO (UFC Fight Pass) Sylwia Juśkiewicz vs. Alyssa Krahn & Maggie Poulin vs. Jade Wong
  • 4 p.m. pst/7 p.m. est - Reality Fighting (Fite.tv) Grace Nowak vs. Marisa Messer-Belenchia (amateur bout)
  • 6 p.m. pst/9 p.m. est - InvictaFC 29 (UFC Fight Pass); LFA (AXSTV) Maycee Barber vs. Audrey Perkins
  • 9 p.m. pst/Midnight est - KOTC (Facebook) Andy Nguyen vs. Cassie Robb
Saturday

• 7 p.m. pst/11 p.m. est - (HBO) Cecilia Braekhus vs. Kali Reis (Boxing)
  • 11:30 p.m.pst/2:30 a.m. est Rizin (Fite.tv)

That bust up was pretty funny. Not sure what was going on there, seemed like Acioly went in on Pearl. Love how most all wear unique stuff & it all rolls along quick.

Back