These are the 2 most beautiful displays of martial science I've ever seen. But which is better?

MM wins this hands down

method=get&s=nate-quarry-kalib-starnes-gif-07-15-11-10-47-22-118.gif

Fedor’s was a well excuted, albeit, somewhat basic takedown. Nonetheless, rarely do you see a takedown that smooth other then when you have a training partner letting you throw him, so that he did it in the context of an actual fight is impressive.

MM however literally looked like he invented a move mid throw. It’s one of the most amazing finishes I’ve seen.

What's more impressive? I'm a Fedor fanatic so I say Fedor's move is >.
Fedor's move is actually a helluva lot more intricate than MM's move. The redirection of momentum and weight distribution is out-fucking-standing in Fedor's move.

But what say YOU, Sherdog? All opinions are welcome. Except for Nostromo's. Because fuck Nostromo. I'm glad he's gone and I hope he's impotent wherever he is.

WZF7TC.gif

Cip8ulp.gif
Heath Herring is an overrated brawler with no skills technically while Rayborg has better grappling than anyone Fedor has ever fought in his career.
MM achieving an armbar mid air from a suplex is way more impressive than a generic bodylock trip vs a bum.

Ofc the larger men would that's why we have weight classes. Otherwise the UFC would be just HW fights..

The reason why MM's move was impressive has nothing to do with whether or not he could pull it off on a larger opponent but the skill level and technique required to pull it off. Even if they are both small it takes a lot of skill to pull a move like that. It's why all fighters respect MM because they understand what he does in the Octagon while casuals dismiss him simply because he is small.

See, this is what annoys me. There is simply no way that a large fighter can pull this off. This technique is like going to an amusement park and being too tall to ride the ride. Or being too large to ride the kids go-karts lol.

That takes away from it imo. I'm not saying what mighty mouse did wasn't impressive, but I'm more impressed by what's effective against large men.

It's more impressive for me to see somebody like Fedor being as nimble as he is at his size vs seeing mighty mouse bouncing around.

Mighty Mouse basically finishes the fight in that same sequence. It's not even close.

What's more impressive? I'm a Fedor fanatic so I say Fedor's move is >.
Fedor's move is actually a helluva lot more intricate than MM's move. The redirection of momentum and weight distribution is out-fucking-standing in Fedor's move.

But what say YOU, Sherdog? All opinions are welcome. Except for Nostromo's. Because fuck Nostromo. I'm glad he's gone and I hope he's impotent wherever he is.

WZF7TC.gif

Cip8ulp.gif

MM's slam to armbar is better

What about when Anderson Silva got subbed in pride that was pretty crazy like thetmm sub you posted

Comparing those two moves, Mighty Mouse's submission takes the cake.
giphy.gif

So a duck under and suplex is a difficult, high level move and better than a fucking mid air arm bar transition? Lmao.

Fedor stans still acting up in 2018 I see.

So a duck under and suplex is a difficult, high level move and better than a fucking mid air arm bar transition? Lmao.

Fedor stans still acting up in 2018 I see.

Well theyre about even since Fedor did it to a grown ass man :D

Well theyre about even since Fedor did it to a grown ass man :D
If they're both small men, then it doesn't matter lmao.

Herring is also average at best while Borg is a great grappler who got tooled.

Heath Herring is an overrated brawler with no skills technically while Rayborg has better grappling than anyone Fedor has ever fought in his career.

I'm not at all familiar with Ray Borg but are you telling me he's better at grappling than Werdum, Big Nog, and whoever that guy was that was a silver medalist in Judo, and Frank Mir?

Have you ever seen the Fedor big nog fights? I forgot if it was the first or third one where Fedor throws a straight and hits him pretty hard and automatically follows up with a double leg and proceeds to rain down gnp... that to me was the one the best fighting transitions ever in mma

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mattesson Gaucher
Back