Weight Cutting Shenanigans

CorninginChristianburg

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
So Gomis had to pull out of his fight due to what appear to be significant medical complications due to weight cutting.

Then Elves Brener, who had the other weight-cutting shenanigans this time. Did in fact come in the bigger fighter, he did secure a size advantage against Myktybek Orolbai, it just did not win him the fight. I feel a little bit sorry for Brener because I think his ideal weight class is the 165 that does not exist.

However. I think the obsession over securing an advantage in weight cutting can be overdone, and was visibly overdone twice in the same card.

So Gomis had to pull out of his fight due to what appear to be significant medical complications due to weight cutting.

Then Elves Brener, who had the other weight-cutting shenanigans this time. Did in fact come in the bigger fighter, he did secure a size advantage against Myktybek Orolbai, it just did not win him the fight. I feel a little bit sorry for Brener because I think his ideal weight class is the 165 that does not exist.

However. I think the obsession over securing an advantage in weight cutting can be overdone, and was visibly overdone twice in the same card.
He looked flabby. Run more.

Back