Death penalty off the table for Texas shooter

So this fat sack of shit was getting laid and still wanted to kill people? Guess it's back to the drawing board for me, that kills my whole argument.

Where did it say that?

Well that is unfortunate. Hang em.

"But the 2005 high court ruling that bans execution of criminals younger than 18 and a 2012 ruling about juveniles facing life in prison mean that Pagourtzis could be up for parole after 40 years."

“The courts ruled based on the idea that those 17 and younger don’t have the cognitive development to appreciate right from wrong,”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2018/05/19/texas-shooter-no-death-penalty/626609002/

Agree with the law?
Should he ever be paroled?

LOL funny how we can apply this to minors but not rejected hormone therapy.

For 99% percent of the murders committed by a seventeen-year-old. Im fine with no death sentence.
He is the 1%, he is the exception to the rule. He deserves the death penalty.

I'm not fit to judge anyone to death, and neither is anybody else.

Lmfao holy fuck dude. You would be ok with releasing a mass murderer as long as he "changed"

I would be okay with considering it. Considering the amount of suffering he inflicted, it would be extremely unlikely this would ever materialize, though.

Well... Dahmer didnt make it, so if there is any real justice in the world, he wont either.

Dahmer was found dead with a broken broom stick up his ass.

The same answer would apply to capital punishment.
A person in a cage is not an immediate danger. There is no self defense element. This is retribution. Forbidden to Christians, and most every modern view of morality.

I'm not God and I dont want to pretend to be

I view the death penalty as something that had merit prior to our ability to incarcerate large numbers of people for long periods of time. It effectively removed these people from society the only way that was available. Now that we have massive prisons I don't see the need to keep it up. I personally believe the only two reasons for incarceration is to keep the rest of society safe and if possible to rehabilitate.

And he's going to continue to get laid for at least 40 years.

14932097_3psc42.jpg

th

I would be ok with pushing back the age for the death pentialy to 16 in special cases.

And also at 16 they should be able to get life with no parole.

That's the very least this shit head should get is life with no parole.

I view the death penalty as something that had merit prior to our ability to incarcerate large numbers of people for long periods of time. It effectively removed these people from society the only way that was available. Now that we have massive prisons I don't see the need to keep it up. I personally believe the only two reasons for incarceration is to keep the rest of society safe and if possible to rehabilitate.

What about justice for the victims ?

That's should always be the first consideration of the justice system. Then the safety of society second.

The rehabilitation if wanted by the criminals is third.

What about justice for the victims ?

That's should always be the first consideration of the justice system. Then the safety of society second.

The rehabilitation if wanted by the criminals is third.

There is a reason criminal case are the People vs ________
Individualized justice or what's best for the victims or his family is not nesscarily what is best for society

Should one murdered only get 10 years because the victims family forgive him and another die because the victims family does not? There has to be uniformity in the law or else people lose faith in it.

There is a reason criminal case are the People vs ________
Individualized justice or what's best for the victims or his family is not nesscarily what is best for society

Should one murdered only get 10 years because the victims family forgive him and another die because the victims family does not? There has to be uniformity in the law or else people lose faith in it.

Yes and people must give up the right to get justice personally or the system doesn t work.

To do that the system must give the victims justice for the wrongs done against them.

If a victims family wants mercy form the criminal they can ask the judge for it and he should consider it.

You give up personal justice for the sake of society and turn that over to,the justice system and You should expect and receive justice.

A person in a cage is not an immediate danger. There is no self defense element. This is retribution. Forbidden to Christians, and most every modern view of morality.

Charles Bronson and many many other problematic inmates disagree that a person in a cage is not a danger.

Also you assume it's for retribution. Rabid animals are put down for the good of everybody. Not retribution. Why should this be any different?

He is still a minor.

He knew exactly what he was doing and how wrong it was.

At the very least he should never leave prison ever. He should die there and be buried in an unmarked grave.

Back