How Darren Till can beat Stephen Thompson (Video)

Thats was about a combined 2 minutes between both fights.

I don't know what that ^^^ means? Feel free to offer your own WB highlights to show me what's up...

tumblr_ogknkvVFUR1vu6duzo7_500.gif
Overrated...

Till has actually more pro fights than WB with a lot less milage, WB the better resume of fighters but youth and athleticism is a great equalizer...
I feel confident that Wonderboy is still quicker and moves better than Till.

If i was darren, I'd hire some dutch muay thai coach or even go to thailand for my training camp and kick the shit out of wonder boy's legs. That karate stance is not in a position to check leg kicks.

When/if Till, knocks off wonderboy where do y'all see the ufc ranking him?
Does he then become #1, then fall to #2 after the interim title fight, or does he get the Kelvin treatment where wonderboy drops huge #s and he gains 1 or 2 spots?

I feel like one of these guys is gonna win this fight.

It's gonna look like Wonderboy vs Masvidal. Lots of chasing on Till's part while getting picked apart.
UnpleasantWhimsicalGalapagosdove-max-1mb.gif

ufc-217-stephen-thompson-chest-kick-knockdown.gif
This is what I think as well. Masvidal is a better striker than Till and offers the threat of a TD and couldn’t do shit. I don’t see the Till hype at all.

And Wonderbread laid two eggs against Woodley, what's your point..?
If by 2 eggs you mean 1 draw and 1 contentious majority decision where a lot of media outlets thought Thompson won, then sure.

The point is Thompson is not overrated. Its okay if you think Woodley is better, but Wonderboy is of the top 0.001% fighters on the planet right now. There is nothing overrated about him and you have nothing to back that absurd statement up

If by 2 eggs you mean 1 draw and 1 contentious majority decision where a lot of media outlets thought Thompson won, then sure.

The point is Thompson is not overrated. Its okay if you think Woodley is better, but Wonderboy is of the top 0.001% fighters on the planet right now. There is nothing overrated about him and you have nothing to back that absurd statement up

Dude you got the right feel any way you want to feel, I feel he's overrated...

good video, thanks.

if they both fight like usual - with hands low and chin up - one of them is going to get dropped. Till punches harder for sure. and he's fast, but certainly not as fast as Woodley.

but can he catch Wonderboy? quite possibly no. Wonderboy -170 feels about right.

I'm excited for this fight I think Wonderboy is very highly overrated a good karate fighter and very average mma fighter he looks really good against slow plod footed fighters and shines less against more athletic fighters Whittaker being the exception who didn't have a proper fight game on when facing WB and made Wonderbread look better than he is.

Either this fight makes me look genius or complete idiot but hearing how Till talks about WB I think he sees the same things I see when I watch a WB a guy who relies on his rhythm to pace you, point you, IQ you, and catch you. Take away his rhythm all that other sh!t falls he then fights survival right where I would want him...

Till 4 the Kill WAR!!!!

IMO, the mistake both you and Till are making is that when you talk about rhythm, and disrupting as much, you are implying that the fighter is leading, ie., setting a rhythm.

WB is a counter striker, and this is where he shines. When he's forced to take the part of the aggressor, you get WB vs Woodley - WB had no rhythm. Obviously Woodley's TD threat played a big part in his tentativeness as well, but the point is that Thompson doesn't set the rhythm, he adapts to the rhythm of his opponent and responds.

IMO, the mistake both you and Till are making is that when you talk about rhythm, and disrupting as much, you are implying that the fighter is leading, ie., setting a rhythm.

WB is a counter striker, and this is where he shines. When he's forced to take the part of the aggressor, you get WB vs Woodley - WB had no rhythm. Obviously Woodley's TD threat played a big part in his tentativeness as well, but the point is that Thompson doesn't set the rhythm, he adapts to the rhythm of his opponent and responds.

Then WB is truly in trouble he's counter puncher that requires distance and space to dart in/out Muay thai is about pressure come forward to use knees, fists, and any limb they can lay on you Matt Brown bullied and beat up WB just by getting in his face and giving him no room I Till is well equipped to the same work with more action.

Then WB is truly in trouble he's counter puncher that requires distance and space to dart in/out Muay thai is about pressure come forward to use knees, fists, and any limb they can lay on you Matt Brown bullied and beat up WB just by getting in his face and giving him no room I Till is well equipped to the same work with more action.

Knees, elbows, and Muay Thai require your opponent to be close enough to you where you can set and throw.

WB has good footwork, he's not just going to plant his feet and clinch with Till.

If I recall, Matt Brown was spamming TDs and mostly did his damage on the ground - I'd have to rewatch to refresh my memory on how successful his MT was.

Till gets the win by UD, and then bullys Usman to get a title shot against the winner of (Dos anjos vs Covington) vs Woodley
If he beats wonderboy he’ll probably get a title shot afterwards. Wonderboy is a massive leap, can’t see them making him fight two more times before a real title shot

Knees, elbows, and Muay Thai require your opponent to be close enough to you where you can set and throw.

WB has good footwork, he's not just going to plant his feet and clinch with Till.

If I recall, Matt Brown was spamming TDs and mostly did his damage on the ground - I'd have to rewatch to refresh my memory on how successful his MT was.

Then we right back to rhythm not giving WB the comfort to set stance and bob comfortably that comes with pressure, I've always felt WB is very beatable with his karate style at least Machida's was more deceptive and more fighty (if that makes sense) I don't find much mystery to WB.

Back