Social Roseanne tweets outrageously racist comment about former Obama staffer Valerie Jarrett

Is calling Obama a secret Muslim a joke? Is saying he wasn't really born here a joke?

Really? Of course there are folks who said it as a joke . . . maybe a really condescending joke, but still a joke.

The outrage is overblown. Most Americans don't think the Tweet is that offensive. They are rolling their eyes at political correctness, which has ended the career of one of the few celebrities they found entertaining.

Really? Of course there are folks who said it as a joke . . . maybe a really condescending joke, but still a joke.
It's propaganda. Just like calling another black member of his cabinet a fucking monkey and a secret Iranian Muslim, is propaganda. It's spreading hate, and disinformation. Not comedy.

You fucking Alt-Right Meme Boys need to get that through your thick heads.

Not really . . . but whatever.

Having the thought makes you as much of an idiot as Roseanne . . . just possibly smart enough to not screw up further and tell others.

You still have the thought and are ultimately as much of a scumbag.
Nice attempt at damage control. And by "nice" mean pathetic.

Having a thought cross your mind does not make you a scumbag if you have the self awareness and introspection to understand its an inappropriate thought that could be hurtful and thus refrain from voicing it.

Brooke on CNN just literally said Roseanne "called black women apes".

From what I understand she didn't do that at all. This reminds me of the slimeball dishonesty of the left with regards to Trumps comments. He targeted specific women for verbal attacks but the media ran with "Trump called WOMEN pigs. All women lol.

Fucking liberals are a dishonest bunch.
If that is accurate, that's fucking insane. I'm not defending Roseanne by any means, I don't give a fuck about her or any cast members. I'm just saying if they really said that she called all black women apes, when she only made a joke about one particular individual, that's nuts.

No thanks to the offer of giving up ground on comedy. It's way too easy for everything to blow up in a moment of bad judgment. Comedy is particularly important in times like this, when everything is on such a hair trigger.
I agree that we shouldn't overreact in regards to comedy(and canceling her show over a tweet is an overreaction) but that said...

Comedy is the lowest form of art which is why so many comedians are degenerates, fact!

Deal with it

It's propaganda. Just like calling another black member of his cabinet a fucking monkey and a secret Iranian Muslim, is propaganda. It's spreading hate, and disinformation. Not comedy.

You fucking Alt-Right Meme Boys need to get that through your thick heads.
So its not comedy because its propaganda? This is some Peter Jordanson level logic.

Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

Never before has their been a more obvious sufferer in the public eye.

Tbh I still can't believe he couldn't make a Memorial Day message without making it about himself.

So its not comedy because its propaganda? This is some Peter Jordanson level logic.
No, it's not comedy because of the things I mentioned. Context, intent, and personal history. It's propaganda, because that's what it is if you actually look at all the available information.

Roseanne had previously compared Susan Rice to an ape as well. Just because she's a comedian, doesn't make what she says comedy. You need to be able to assess information better than that, bud.

What if she didn't know that lady was black? Serious that Valerie lady is the fucking whitest lady I have seen claiming to be black. I am beige/tan skin tone I am blacker than that fucking lady. What is this garbage with everybody getting there career ruined for nonsense like this?

Should Mike Perry be offended if someone calls him an ape cause he is claiming 2 percent African ancestry. Which essentially almost every member of the human race has.
Yeah I'm not certain she knew the woman was black. Open question imo. I didn't know she was black until it became an issue fwiw.

z59me5_VftgPNemMD5dv4qTslL_Ux1TSBl2J36kNgqo.jpg
Well that's just unfortunate. LOL.

It does matter. And I'm going to smash the "she wasn't joking" thing.

Maybe the hackiest most established common premise of a joke is two things having a "baby." Nobody ever says "It's like x and y had a baby" while not trying to be funny. And to this, she adds layers of abstraction, that a movie and a religious/political group had a baby. That's so obviously a joke that I'm fucking ashamed of anybody trying to claim it isn't.

It's not a good joke. It was probably a racist joke. It was clumsy and shitty and she knows it was and she apologized.

It was a fucking joke. Told by a veteran, famous comic.
I still don't understand why comedians are treated like brilliant martyrs who sacrifice their sanity in order to provide the world with their much needed gift. Her being a comedian and her racist remark being a joke are super unimportant. You don't get a free pass just because of your job title. Same goes for rape jokes.

I didnt know Jarrett was even black till I read some headlines.......

she sure as hell doesnt look black to me, and she does look like an ape.

No, it's not comedy because of the things I mentioned. Context, intent, and personal history. It's propaganda, because that's what it is if you actually look at all the available information.

Roseanne had previously compared Susan Rice to an ape as well. Just because she's a comedian, doesn't make what she says comedy. You need to be able to assess information better than that, bud.
It being propaganda or racist isn't mutually exclusive to it being a joke. Of course, it being a joke doesn't mean we should give her a pass either though I think canceling her series seems like a bit much.

It being propaganda or racist isn't mutually exclusive to it being a joke. Of course, it being a joke doesn't mean we should give her a pass either though I think canceling her series seems like a bit much.
Meh.

I'm still trying to come to term with Valerie being black......

Back