Social Roseanne tweets outrageously racist comment about former Obama staffer Valerie Jarrett

I don't know why she singled her out. Do you know?

Roseanne admitted that she singled her out over her politics.

"I apologize to Valerie Jarrett and to all Americans. I am truly sorry for making a bad joke about her politics and her looks. I should have known better. Forgive me-my joke was in bad taste."

I just took an ambien. The worst that I post is that my spelling goes to shit and I nod off and tap on links that i did not mean to-usually click bait or adds, but I have been taking it for 12 years

The Ambien thing is the only reason I would give her a pass if true. About 10 years ago I took one, slept 10 hours, and had a totally normal.morning routine with my family. Wife and I left for work in separate cars with her behind me. About 1/4 mile from my house I side swiped the forklift on the back of brick truck (he kept driving) and pulled over. Wife stopped so I said I'd go home and call the insurance company. Thankfully she agreed to follow me.home because I got lost on a road I drive every day. I don't actually remember any of this. Too scared to ever take an Ambien again.

I guess I was technically DUI?

Picture this;

Your grandfather was brutally murdered with a baseball bat in a terrible way. It deeply affected the future of your family history and inevitably, how you were raised and the life you lived.

Would you be ok with jokes about people being murdered with baseball bats? Or would you feel some hard to place sense of anger and outrage?

Think about that, and then try to understand why black americans feel the way they do about monkey jokes and comparisons.

A very poor joke from a mentally unstable woman!

It made me think about a funny Swedish comedian. He is Jewish and while he visited his synagogue, he asked other attendees where the bench for holocaust deniers were.

You can push the boundaries but expect some blowback if you are idiotic like her.

Posting in a 1000+ reply war room thread about a joke.

YfDMzpn.jpg

F10KAlr.jpg

<Huh2>

I don't know what to believe anymore.

Bill is drunk if he thinks there are 13 million African-Americans. The number is closer to 40 million.

Edit: Maybe only counting 3/5's?

Edit: Nope, math doesn't work.

Last edited:
She actually really looks like the Ape masks from the original.
A lot of white, or brown people look like apes, some Orientals, some blacks.

Ive never seen it as a race thing. I dont think black people look more or less like monkeys than other races. Just the occasional person regardless of skin tone sometimes looks like a missing link.

Anyways, Roseanne is a dummy.

I agree but blacks have been demeaned and degraded historically and presently by being compared to apes/monkeys and thus are seen as subhuman. Plenty of racists in 2018 still hold such twisted beliefs.

So its obvious to anyone with functioning brain cells that referencing an ape or monkey in regards to a black person will be indisputably seen as a racist comment and rightfully so.

Right wingers being willfully ignorant and purposefully obtuse crying about double standards and libtards doesn't change the reality of the situation.

Bush being compared to a chimp (strictly on mannerisms/appearance) ain't the same as the Obamas being compared to chimps (racial insult) and we all know it despite those feigning ignorance.

When we're discussing the tweet in question primarily what matters is the content of that tweet. Louis CK is a comedian who makes jokes, that doesn't mean everything he says is a joke. If he tweets a statement that isn't a joke, that doesn't suddenly mean all his other tweets are not jokes. If you really think that a statement structured "If x and y had a baby..." isn't a joke, even if its a nasty and inappropriate joke, then you just have a pretty bad sense of humor.

If not a joke, then what was it? Do you think it was a statement expressing Roseanne's actual thoughts on Jarett's ancestry?
At this point, multiple ignorant mean spirited NON JOKE tweets have been posted in refutation of the idea that she was making jokes.
Surrender, Dorothy.

Americans are way too hyper-sensitive. Chill out.

Somebody's drunken late-night tweets shouldn't send the country into a state of national emergency.

When you read somebody's posts on the internet, stop always assuming the worst about their intentions.
"National emergency"?
Care to back off that moronic post?

The Ambien thing is the only reason I would give her a pass if true. About 10 years ago I took one, slept 10 hours, and had a totally normal.morning routine with my family. Wife and I left for work in separate cars with her behind me. About 1/4 mile from my house I side swiped the forklift on the back of brick truck (he kept driving) and pulled over. Wife stopped so I said I'd go home and call the insurance company. Thankfully she agreed to follow me.home because I got lost on a road I drive every day. I don't actually remember any of this. Too scared to ever take an Ambien again.

Ambien will fuck you up, but not in the way Roseanne is trying to claim. It's a sleep aid, so of course it's gonna whack you out.

If being inebriated is her excuse, then I think Roseanne is failing to mention the 3 or 4 glasses of wine she had with the Ambien.

Oh man. The racist has you so shook up that you're wallpapering ABC with sanctity like Vegas whore flyers. What a time to be alive. You've turned out to be pretty treacherous, haven't you. Another one hellbent on eating his own, over very little. Try to eat me, you'll get the worst shits you ever had.

Fuck Disney, don't care. Fuck the church of the good word of the minute. Fuck the hair trigger, sprung on every misstep. Fuck the rolling stone of moral justice, gathering no wisdom or caution.

And yes, let's not be drastic here. We've tightened our internet justice cycle to less than 24 hours- seized, judged, and shot in the back of the head. Fuck that too. Let it breathe. Let it reflect.

You're so goddamn interested in categorizing anything I might say against the good word. You have no curiosity. I am the enemy, and that is what matters to you in this moment.

A radical centrist, because I say be cautious and don't immediately cancel the show. A radical centrist, because I think people should consider the role of comedians in the culture. A radical centrist, because the replacement for the show is probably going to be just another boring unoffensive sitcom. A radical centrist because I'm saying to calm down and think about this, and acquit ourselves of our fury.

I haven't installed the program. I believe in most of things people outraged about this believe in. But I didn't get that metoo firmware upgrade. I said to forgive the trespassers and pick up the pieces, and I was called a sexual assault apologist. This is turning out the same fuckin' way, and I don't accept it.

I have all the same worries about white nationalism, but I have a slightly different prescription- that we at least temper our "gotcha" reflex. That's all. That we consider our power and use it sparingly and effectively. We're winning the argument on every front except the voting booth, and we're going to win that one too. Let's not scorch the Earth in the process.

When the comic is subject to the same standards as any other job, fuck comedy. That's a canary in the coal mine. Absolutely. At least you're not arguing that it wasn't a joke. Jesus Christ.

Yes, they knew Roseanne was a Trumpy headcase when they hired her. I bet they spent a hell of a lot more time and care building the new show with that in mind than they did pulling the plug when the inevitable happened.

I don't know whether Roseanne can help being racist or making racist jokes. I certainly don't want her to stop making racist jokes. Not her, or Chris Rock- even though his racist jokes recently were garbage and offensive- or anyone else. The higher we ratchet up this pressure on language and expression, the more relieving the good jokes will be. Unless we're going to be mobbed for them arbitrarily.

Of course it's not the job of the comedian not to be racist. Fuck that.

She did apologize, and we owed it a hearing, and for a few hours at least seemed to maintain her sanity about it. She went and fucked that up, but that's another chapter. She didn't have to fuck it up.

Who's next on the swarm's agenda, Trotsky? Chris Rock?

Then they came for the comics, and there was no one left to speak for me. LOL.

Did you take acid or some shit?

This post is just weird rambling - and it did nothing to address the criticism of your position as being an incoherent and unprincipled argument to moderation.

Speaking of controversial comedians, I do like that this story has brought Tom Arnold back into the public fold. I've always liked Arnold and think he comes off as a pretty genuine guy: genuinely funny and genuinely flawed. He relapsed his way out of the limelight, so hopefully this provides him a way back in.

I don't know why people are still confused about what a joke is.

Was it explained somewhere in this thread because I'll be honest I haven't read anything other than the OP or this page.

I think it's because the definition is a bit off.

A joke is a display of humour in which words are used within a specific and well-defined narrative structure to make people laugh and is not meant to be taken seriously.

Should have or attempt after the word display as most jokes, like the one in question fail miserably.

Unless you think Rosanne Barr believes The Planet Of The Apes is a non-fiction story it's pretty apparent what it is.

Was it explained somewhere in this thread because I'll be honest I haven't read anything other than the OP or this page.

I think it's because the definition is a bit off.

A joke is a display of humour in which words are used within a specific and well-defined narrative structure to make people laugh and is not meant to be taken seriously.

Should have or attempt after the word display as most jokes, like the one in question fail miserably.

Unless you think Rosanne Barr believes The Planet Of The Apes is a non-fiction story it's pretty apparent what it is.
It's apparent that she meant to be mean spirited and political.

There's no joke to be found there and to call it a joke stretches the definition of the word like taffy.

you are aware written communication is a thing right? like what we are doing right now?

You sound slow. Show me how he made it about himself. Or are you just someone who talks major fucking shit.

It's apparent that she meant to be mean spirited and political.

There's no joke to be found there and to call it a joke stretches the definition of the word like taffy.

Jokes can be mean spirited, and political. You can use jokes to attack and bully people.

Where do you think the saying "Oh', so you got jokes now?" came from?

The disconnect here is the intent. It was a joke, but a mean spirited one that was meant to tear someone down. Still a joke though. Now, if she had said "Valerie Jarrett? Fuck that ape bitch!", that wouldn't be a joke.

Picture this;

Your grandfather was brutally murdered with a baseball bat in a terrible way. It deeply affected the future of your family history and inevitably, how you were raised and the life you lived.

Would you be ok with jokes about people being murdered with baseball bats? Or would you feel some hard to place sense of anger and outrage?

Think about that, and then try to understand why black americans feel the way they do about monkey jokes and comparisons.

Does it really need to be said that mean-spirited racist jokes are hurtful? Because aside from that pretty obvious statement, it seems like you're implying that black Americans can be more offended than white Americans. Do you believe that is true?

Did you become a huge racist temporarily? Did you call the insurance claims agent "sugartits" ?

Back