Congratulations To CM PUNK

Which fight was that ?

Mike Jackson had 14 fights and been doing MMA for 10 years. According to the below 5 were Pro fights.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/fighter/Mike-Jackson:14E635540CF056DA

He is an amatuer...

They tend to get a loss or two in ugly fashion sometimes. He showed allot of heart. Lots of others would have welted in the fight and gave up or quite between rounds he didn't. He also reached his goal of fighting in MMA / UFC and won a round from a professional fighter Plus got paid for it. A congratulations can be order in such a circumstance without awarding a participation trophy.
He looked like dog shit. The fight was an embarrassment to the UFC. So much so Dana said in the post fight press confrence he regretted not putting it on fight pass. I dont know where all you delusional CM supporters are coming from but you can go back any time.

Which fight was that ?

Mike Jackson had 14 fights and been doing MMA for 10 years. According to the below 5 were Pro fights.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/fighter/Mike-Jackson:14E635540CF056DA

He is an amatuer...

They tend to get a loss or two in ugly fashion sometimes. He showed allot of heart. Lots of others would have welted in the fight and gave up or quite between rounds he didn't. He also reached his goal of fighting in MMA / UFC and won a round from a professional fighter Plus got paid for it. A congratulations can be order in such a circumstance without awarding a participation trophy.

Ok thx. Didnt know he had pro fights. But lets not forget it only means you get a license. He is at the absolute lowest skill level in that and would get his clock cleaned by most amateurs. Regarding "professional" I rate him as a classic journeyman even a little below. Its hard to talk about him as a professional fighter as he really is a bum.

He should fight RDA next, both coming of losses on same card, makes sense. woo hoo

He looked like dog shit. The fight was an embarrassment to the UFC. So much so Dana said in the post fight press confrence he regretted not putting it on fight pass. I dont know where all you delusional CM supporters are coming from but you can go back any time.

The first round was close and entertaining for what it was. I am not sure what everyone was expecting. The fight turned out as I expected. CM PUNK actually did better then I was expecting him to do. It was the professional fighter that was " show boating " in the later rounds that caused the fight to look worse then it needed to be.

Ok thx. Didnt know he had pro fights. But lets not forget it only means you get a license. He is at the absolute lowest skill level in that and would get his clock cleaned by most amateurs. Regarding "professional" I rate him as a classic journeyman even a little below. Its hard to talk about him as a professional fighter as he really is a bum.

You are correct, there are different degrees of being a professional fighter but he is still a professional fighter who has been doing combat sports for years while is opponent has been playing pretend in WWE for years.

30-26 x3

"win a round"

{<huh}

I thought CM Punk edged round one.

CM Punk has more more balls than 99% of the Sherdog haters including me.

CM Punk has more more balls than 99% of the Sherdog haters including me.

For doing what? Getting beat up by a nobody and cashing in half a million dollars in the process? Wow , such balls. Some of you are so easily impressed .

Hell, I'd fight both Gall and the king of pop tonight for 1/10th of what punk got.

For doing what? Getting beat up by a nobody and cashing in half a million dollars in the process? Wow , such balls. Some of you are so easily impressed .

Hell, I'd fight both Gall and the king of pop tonight for 1/10th of what punk got.

Would you continue taking a beating instead of tapping out ?

You get your half million either way.

I'm not sure that information is correct, I read one of those fights never even happened and Jackson himself said the last fight he had was with Mickey Gall. I believe he had two boxing matches since the Gall fight.

I don't know .... its possible that the info is wrong but It seems to me its more likey UFC / DANA are BSing to make it look like the fight was more fair then it actually was. Possibly to get it sanctioned ? Who knows though. Below are the fight stats ...

Mike Jackson vs. Jeremie Holloway

Decision (Unanimous Decision) after 3 rounds
Kent Bassinger scored it 27-30
Seth Fuller scored it 27-30
Dan Mathison scored it 27-30

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/eve...:B5123760-CA3A-4D3B-B2F6-57D80E2F390E?layout=

I don't know .... its possible that the info is wrong but It seems to me its more likey UFC / DANA are BSing to make it look like the fight was more fair then it actually was. Possibly to get it sanctioned ? Who knows though. Below are the fight stats ...

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/eve...:B5123760-CA3A-4D3B-B2F6-57D80E2F390E?layout=

The amateur fights check out, but I believe he is 1-1 as a pro. Fight should never have happened, there are levels to this sport...novice, hobbyist, amateur, pro, gatekeeper, tomato can, journeyman etc...they should never have had a unathletic novice fight an experienced amateur.

I kind of enjoyed it though I won't lie, it was interesting and I won some money. But it was a freak show plain and simple...disrespectful to Overeem vs Blaydes, that should of been higher than Tai vs Arlovski imo.

wait what? He didnt win a fuckin rounds

The amateur fights check out, but I believe he is 1-1 as a pro. Fight should never have happened, there are levels to this sport...novice, hobbyist, amateur, pro, gatekeeper, tomato can, journeyman etc...they should never have had a unathletic novice fight an experienced amateur.

I kind of enjoyed it though I won't lie, it was interesting and I won some money. But it was a freak show plain and simple...disrespectful to Overeem vs Blaydes, that should of been higher than Tai vs Arlovski imo.

If they were going to do the freak show it needed to be on PPV as is the only way they could justify CM Punks pay. It will be interesting to see what the PPV numbers are.

I said it already but I will say it again. I see no reason why the UFC can't show case an amateur fight on a PPV card. Somewhere after the opening PPV fight. They could of brought in a complete Novice for CM Punk to face and build him up with an amateur fight that was featured on a UFC PPV then give him his Pro debut afterwards. UFC would of still got the extra PPV buys and Punk would of got a fair shake at a win. I think it would of been an interesting way for things to go.

wait what? He didnt win a fuckin rounds

The first round was close. I gave it to CM Punk.

Uh, punk didn't win a round, at least I didn't see it. And of course Punk is gonna show "heart", who wants to get humiliated in front of their home town by quiting, that would have been horrible for Punk. lol, both guys sucked really bad. Yeah they did it, but I've done it on smaller stages for a whole lot less and its not a big deal.

That fight was one of the worst displays of athleticism I've ever seen. I just don't even know where to start, just dumbfounded with respect to how bad that was. I had several friends over and the first round we laughed, the second round we yawned, and by the end we all wanted to stick forks in our eyes.

hahahahaha he should go to cage warriors or something

They wouldn't pay you because you aren't worth anything. Punk already had cash.

it's bad for the organization

he's a bumb off the street with zero athleticism or skill

Back