Buying a new watch; which brand(s) do you recommend?

I didnt even read the original post, looks like TS just wants a status symbol.

9/10 people are only concerned with status symbols whether it’s Air Jordans on welfare or Tag Heuer on food stamps.

A gold plated turd is still a turd and the subterfuge won’t last long.

I think the Planet Ocean seamaster is my favorite watch around $5k or below.

soldier-21530442103001.png

That planet ocean is really thick, though.

If you want a more minimalist look with a smaller dial I like the Nomos Glashutte
101-139-tangente-2d-front-masked.jpg

Some great recommendations in this thread TS.

I've always been a TAG guy and am wearing one now but the quality recently has fallen so far I would strongly suggest you go with something else. They are coasting on their name and using junk chinese parts inside and they do not stand behind their warranties. I detailed my issues and that of so many other TAG owners in another thread and if you need that info I can look it up or summarize again for you.

Tudor and Rolex at that price range. Perhaps some Omegas.

114300 is a value proposition given the price of sports model Rolex. The new 39mm Black bay is a future classic in re Tudor.

Hey hey,

Criteria:
  • Price range: $1000 - $5000
  • Good for small/thin wrists
  • Classy styling
  • Good for business or business casual wear (so no G shocks, etc)
  • A brand that is recognizable as valuable
So, what brands do you suggest I look at?

{<jordan}

Shield is what I wear to work. They're like $1000 watches (some of them) and I feel comfortable wearing it at my second job as a bouncer because it doesn't LOOK like a $1000 watch.

My dad's old Rolex he gave me as a graduation gift I'd only ever wear to my Courthouse job but not my bouncer job.

I've been putzing around trying to make up my mind on a watch and right now I'm leaning towards:

z116438-x-Rolex-116710---112004-CL.jpg

I'm not if I'll always like the Batman, though. I'm also considering going conservative and just getting a black sub.

I would get a used Rolex Explorer I

I agree with a lot of the Rolex recommendations here especially if you have little wrists. A used submariner will hold its value for you and fit nicely.

I think the Planet Ocean seamaster is my favorite watch around $5k or below.

soldier-21530442103001.png

I have the titanium Planet Ocean (42 mm) with blue dial.

It's probably my favorite in my collection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back