International Trump/Kim Singapore Summit **UPDATE** Korean Denuclearization Agreement Signed

My question is why people like @bobgeese are tagging me and spiking the football. As far as I can tell absolutely nothing concrete was agreed to. I'm fine with us stopping military exercises, and even bringing our troops home, but how does that help the people of North Korea? That's what I'm concerned about.

How are we going to bring NK into the world order, and open the country up? I see nothing that moves us there. And, as we all know, neither Trump or Kim can be trusted at all.

All I saw was a photo op to get a "win" for both leaders. A tacit agreement to work towards denuclearization? Trump unilaterally stating that we'll halt our military exercises? I see nothing concrete at all. This is better than threatening each other with war, but that's about it.

I never new this was about helping the people of North Korea as they live under a brutal dictator and there isnt hope of dealing with that at the moment

I thought this was just about getting rocketman to cool it with the nukes.

If the people of north Korea are still fucked but we have calmed the nuke thing down would you still consider this a success?

Yes, all this trump winning must have your head spinning.

Hang in there Homer, you’ve still got a couple years of delusions of impeachment to get you through the day!!!

You do realize this is not a binding agreement for North Korea to get rid of their nukes right?

Yah, know what you mean.
I'm center, maybe center-right. But according to the nutjob partisan bots, I'm a liberal lefty.

Anything that's left of the extreme position is to be mistrusted.

I'm from New York, so the idea of that man representing conservative values seemed like a joke to me that just never arrived at the punchline.

Hi, shitposting Dredd.

The funniest part of this is Joe was referring to posts he made... imitating what bob does.

bobbi on the other hand walked right into admitting he purposely shitposts in here and doesn't take any of the discussions seriously.

You do realize this is not a binding agreement for North Korea to get rid of their nukes right?

I don't think you understand. Kim promised Trump. So there was no need for timetables or agreements on verification. He got a promise. And what more do you need to start minting coins with a dictators face on it?

Of course, but it’s going to happen.

I’ve been telling you all along it was going to happen. You just have to learn to trust da goose.

Of course, but it’s going to happen.

I’ve been telling you all along it was going to happen. You just have to learn to trust da goose.

bob if you can admit this wasn't a binding agreement for NK to get rid of it's nukes... what the hell are you celebrating?

Well, we now know who the big winner of the international open weight tournament of this past weekend is, and surprisingly it’s the only non HW participant. Super straw weight Kim got to stand next to the American president as an equal, was praised as “tough” and all he had to do was make promises that have already been made and never fulfilled. Meanwhile, Canada is a security threat to the US. When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro...

I never new this was about helping the people of North Korea as they live under a brutal dictator and there isnt hope of dealing with that at the moment

I thought this was just about getting rocketman to cool it with the nukes.

If the people of north Korea are still fucked but we have calmed the nuke thing down would you still consider this a success?
No, because in my opinion there is no danger at all from their nuclear program. It's quite obviously a deterrent against the US, and our allies. And, as a bargaining chip to get aid and sanctions reduced.
I don;t see any threat at all. The real threat they post is with traditional armaments, which they have aimed right at Seoul.

"An end to joint military exercises" - Translated, that means that South Korean and American units will stop training together. However, South Korean units will continue to train on their own, as will American units. In the short term, this means very little. It's also not like we are pulling our troops out of the Korean peninsula, and nor should we. If things go well, I wouldn't be surprised to see us move those troops north towards the Chinese border, which is what we actually want in addition to the denuclearization of the Korean peninsula. Both of those things can likely be negotiated in exchange for an end to sanctions and foreign aid to help the DPRK modernize. If Kim decides to be smart, he has the ability to lead an actual country if he is willing to loosen up his strange hold on his own people a little bit.

Well, we now know who the big winner of the international open weight tournament of this past weekend is, and surprisingly it’s the only non HW participant. Super straw weight Kim got to stand next to the American president as an equal, was praised as “tough” and all he had to do was make promises that have already been made and never fulfilled. Meanwhile, Canada is a security threat to the US. When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro...
Trump said it was an "honor" to meet him. Baffling.

I'm from New York, so the idea of that man representing conservative values seemed like a joke to me that just never arrived at the punchline.

The funniest part of this is Joe was referring to posts he made... imitating what bob does.

bobbi on the other hand walked right into admitting he purposely shitposts in here and doesn't take any of the discussions seriously.

It’s about time you showed up for your shaming.

Now bend the knee and admit you’ve been wrong like the rest and I’ll be merciful. Otherwise, feel free to post away for future shitting on’s when the deal plays out.

PS I’ve been a declared shitposter long before you showed up.

No, because in my opinion there is no danger at all from their nuclear program. It's quite obviously a deterrent against the US, and our allies. And, as a bargaining chip to get aid and sanctions reduced.
I don;t see any threat at all. The real threat they post is with traditional armaments, which they have aimed right at Seoul.

I dont think I can agree here though i want to and fully get what you mean. Honestly I think trump is a moron and I think all this talk of nuclear bombs with him in charge is super dangerous because I think he would love to get his name in the history books for dropping one

I also think that if semi successful here it opens up some lines of communication so that in a few years when trump isnt president and someone whos a little more suave is they already have the ground work in place to slowly work some influence

Should he have said he was an asshole and he cant believe he is wasting his time on a fat oriental midget or some other wonderful thing like that ?

It's in the document they signed:

“President Trump committed to provide security guarantees to the DPRK and Chairman Kim Jong un reaffirmed his firm and unwavering commitment to complete denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula.”
Saying u won't attack a country now equals protecting them

It’s about time you showed up for your shaming.

Now bend the knee and admit you’ve been wrong like the rest and I’ll be merciful. Otherwise, feel free to post away for future shitting on’s when the deal plays out.

PS I’ve been a declared shitposter long before you showed up.

I'm gonna have to assume this post full of nothing was just an artistic display of the actual answer: nothing.

I'm perfectly ready to give Trump credit here... but I just can't find out what to give him credit for. The issue of civil rights in NK never came up. No specific timetables or methods of verification were ever articulated. Literally all they did was hangout, have a photo-op and show off a "promise" that Kim can literally piss on tomorrow without consequence.

So what did the US not have yesterday that we have today? The word of "an unstable little rocket man"?

Should he have said he was an asshole and he cant believe he is wasting his time on a fat oriental midget or some other wonderful thing like that ?

There's many ways to be respectful without praising the mere presence of a dictator. Trump approached this meeting as if the world met Kim 3 days ago. Why is it an honor to meet a man who's done the things he's done?

Meh, I get this. When you're trying to talk someone into doing something that they don't want to do, you butter them up. I'm almost impressed by President Trump a bit, considering that he normally can't go more than a few sentences without insulting the person he's talking about. One extremely valid criticism of the President is that he is a hammer in constant search of a nail, unloading verbally on people whenever he has the opportunity. The fact that he hasn't shot diplomatic efforts in the foot by saying something insulting is kind of throwing me for a loop.

He should've said that he was happy to be in beautiful, "Singapore!", and that he looked forward to a productive discussion. He could've thanked Kim for being open to the talks. He didn't have to laud, or denigrate the man.

Really pretty simple stuff, frankly. You simply have to actually have mental discipline to be a good diplomat.

"I'm very happy to be(Cue Mick Foley promo), right here, in beautiful Singapore!"

"I'd like to thank Kim Jong Un for being open to these talks, and for taking the time to meet with me today."

"I look forward to a frank, and productive discussion on all matters that are pertinent to the interests of both parties."

"Thank you very much. No further questions at this time."

See. Simple.

Back