International Trump/Kim Singapore Summit **UPDATE** Korean Denuclearization Agreement Signed

Trump deserves a Nobel Peace Prize. Obama got one for doing absolutely nothing.

Obama got one(and let's call it like it is here) because he's african-american.

That's it.

"Oh look! You're the first Black President! Here's a Nobel Peace Prize. Have a Nice Day!"

You can strike the second paragraph. I'm not politically aligned on this topic and I invite you to check my posts in this thread for evidence of that. It's beneath at least me to draw from the well of banality on this, so hopefully you'll find that it's beneath you too.

To your point, I understand the consequentalist perspective on this, and I understand the draw to call "whatever worked" worthy of praise. And I reject that kind of thinking on nuclear conflict, whole-heartedly. Do you really suppose that the wisdom of future ages will be outlandishly brash mutual threats of nuclear annihilation in a contest of two volatile and autocratic egos? You couldn't strain the thickness of that through a hula hoop mesh.

All any side has done for 60 years is threaten the other with annihilation. The north threatens the south and us, we threaten the north. Now the north can actually hit our cities with nukes and it's not a fair trade for even one of our cities against that backwards nation. Poor bastards. It would be easy to just say we will live in MAD like before and things will be fine. Only problem is is that North Korea may be the only nation on the planet that isn't 100% gamed as a rational actor, which makes it hard for us to live with them being able to threaten us.

Something had to be done quickly and orange Man stepped to the plate to make a first move. It's at least something

Obama got one(and let's call it like it is here) because he's african-american.

That's it.

"Oh look! You're the first Black President! Here's a Nobel Peace Prize. Have a Nice Day!"

Basically

There are no words to describe this so I'll just leave this here :

All any side has done for 60 years is threaten the other with annihilation. The north threatens the south and us, we threaten the north. Now the north can actually hit our cities with nukes and it's not a fair trade for even one of our cities against that backwards nation. Poor bastards. It would be easy to just say we will live in MAD like before and things will be fine. Only problem is is that North Korea may be the only nation on the planet that isn't 100% gamed as a rational actor, which makes it hard for us to live with them being able to threaten us.

Something had to be done quickly and orange Man stepped to the plate to make a first move. It's at least something
Not exactly a ringing endorsement for a Nobel Prize.

We might be luckily experiencing one rare benefit of an outlandish buffoon being in charge- that another less powerful outlandish buffoon looked up to him and was inspired by it. Similar to two bullies who threaten each other repeatedly but end up not fighting, but instead being friends.

I'm not convinced that is true, but it would have to be true according to some arguments. That's the best I can do there, and it's so ridiculous a premise in the shadow of potential nuclear war that it's almost a strawman.

So it's really just back to the consequentialist argument, but there's no evidence that Kim was moved toward peace by the exchange of violence rhetoric than by, say, the Olympics. Or that he was more inspired by the Twitter war than by, say, his achievement of nuclear deterrence.

It could just as easily be the case that peace could have been more easily achieved without the mutual threats of annihilation and the childish asses-at-the-windows show we were all subjected to for months.

Yet there is no uncertainty whatsoever that the overtures, disposition, and hospitality of the Moon regime is directly responsible both in its consequences and by its methods for the peace that is unfolding between North and South Korea, in which the United States is playing a secondary role.

In short, Fuck Trump, Fuck Kim, give the Prize to Moon.

The US committed to halting War Games and providing protection for North Korea. See my post above this one for details.
So he gave that up, hung South Korea out to dry, had the world treat a sadistic and brutal dictator as a rockstar and equal and got nothing in return, also keeping in mind that Kim promised something similar to South Korea recently. In fact, they have been promising this since 1992. Did I miss something or this deal a million times better than the Iran nuclear deal.... for Norh Korea

I’ve followed partisan (even Fox) and non partisan international news and nobody seems to think this was a good result.

Welcome to the big leagues, Don.

Last edited:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...to-lift-sanctions-against-north-idUSKBN1J9022

North Korea state media says Trump agreed to lift sanctions against North

North Korean state media said on Wednesday U.S. President Donald Trump had agreed to lift sanctions against the North in addition to providing security guarantees in the summit with the North’s leader, Kim Jong Un, the previous day.

Trump was cited by North Korea’s official KCNA news agency as saying he made the promise after pledging to end joint military exercises with South Korea.

There was no immediate comment about sanctions from the U.S. side.

I won't take that report even from reuters at face value (no surprise it's NK state media lol), but if that's true, how can there possibly be a good counter to the argument that we got bent over hard?

Trump hasn't responded yet. I assume he'll deny it.

With all the bullshit Trump regularly spouts with his off-the-cuff stupidity, it's absolutely true that we have no reason to believe Trump over Kim.

I hope the Trumptards think about that for a minute.

Every single time I think I've seen something I'd never see, I come into the War Room, and see something like the opinion of Merkel being quoted to bolster Trump.

Is everyone stupid and full of shit right up until the moment they say something positive about the man? So strange....
Do YOU believe Merkel's praise of Trump?

Can't hate on Trump for this.

Just don't think he has the team or the mentality for complicated, sensitive and lengthy negotiations involving many parties with competing priorities.

Hope they can get something done that works.

I won't take that report even from reuters at face value (no surprise it's NK state media lol), but if that's true, how can there possibly be a good counter to the argument that we got bent over hard?
Bbc reporting they need to start denuclearising first so il assume thats the case

Still this all feels like north koreas broken economy finaly giving up the ghost and trump getting the credit for simply being there as prez when its finaly at breaking point and they need to talk or collapse! Talk about luck

I think everybody is forgetting the best thing to come out of all this, that Kim/Trump trailer they played before the press conference.

Funniest part is when this was playing the media were shocked because they thought it was NK propaganda, then Trump comes out and reveals he's the one that made the trailer, lol. Can't make this stuff up man. Kim, Trump and Rodman need to be in a buddy cop movie together.

That video is the single most Trumpian thing I have ever seen.

Trump hasn't responded yet. I assume he'll deny it.

With all the bullshit Trump regularly spouts with his off-the-cuff stupidity, it's absolutely true that we have no reason to believe Trump over Kim.

I hope the Trumptards think about that for a minute.
That's a damn good point. There isn't another president in my lifetime who I wouldn't give more truth weight to, before the fact, than Kim or his dad. That isn't true anymore.

Bbc reporting they need to start denuclearising first so il assume thats the case

Still this all feels like north koreas broken economy finaly giving up the ghost and trump getting the credit for simply being there as prez when its finaly at breaking point and they need to talk or collapse! Talk about luck
Oh believe me, it stings every fucking time Trump gets lucky and his fans get to gloat about it. LOL.

I don't know if that's true but it wouldn't surprise me.

There are no words to describe this so I'll just leave this here :

LMAO!

Goddamn. I can't believe he said that with a straight face. He said that on purpose to get that hilarious reaction from Kim.

thread has not disappointed, dude can get approximately ZERO credit no matter what he does

He has been getting plenty of credit for what has actually been done. Some people are just not full on deep throating him yet and are awaiting the actual deal and how NK will follow it..

Not like the right has been shitting all over Obama and the Iran deal. A deal that is actually in writing and was actually working..

So far in the Iran deal:

98% reduction in fissile material
80% reduction in centrifuges leaving only older models
Vastly reduced centrifuge R&D
Only heavy water reactor destroyed
Ongoing UN inspections

This is the deal the right is shitting all over...

So far in NK

KJU totally pinky swears to shutting down a missile engine factory

This is what the right thinks we should all be blowing Trump over and is being called a total victory..

Personally I would love to see NK 100% solved and if that happens I´ll give credit where credit is due, when it happens.

Back