6'10" 12 year old dominates on the basketball court...

8 foot rims are stupid.

The only way I could see that justified is maybe for 4 year olds that can't throw the ball high enough.

But 12 year olds should never be playing on 8 feet. Whoever's in charge of that league is stupid.

I don't think you even understand the rules of basketball enough to make a decision on whether or not you like it. I'd suggest actually learning the rules before assuming you could just play keep away with the ball, lol.
I know the rules. I played basketball when I was a kid and I remember that big guys or adults taller than me easily could neutralize my shots and that I struggled so much on trying to block them or taking the ball away from them... So frustrating. On the other hand, I played football for the most part of my life and really never encountered such a thing while playing. It was always about skills and technique. The role that physical advantages played was in a very very low percentage in most of the cases.

@NaughtyBoy
Well, the client is napping so I feel compelled to get on some Black Aurerbach shit right now:

You gotta put bodies on that kid. Push him out from the key so he has to set up further from that nerf basket they are using.

The dude defending him has to get lower to do that, but using your hips, ass, foream and with a wide base and goodly dose of ferocity even those likkle munchkin kids can at least make it difficult for him to set up on the block. If he's gonna just turn and shot over you then make sure he does it farther than where he feels comfortable with. Make him uncomfortable.

Box him out at the knees. It's legal.

You tell them it's personal. Challange their nascent masculinity "He ain't got no dog in him, bruh.", make a religion of out denying the hell out of every entry pass.

On defense see-man -see ball. Send double and triple teams from different angles, (using modified tactics from the Attack on Titan manga....joking. But it's still cool imagery to use when your kids are undersized. Wolfpack analogies also work quite nicely)

Make up a "Courage Trophy" for the dude that draws the most charges. No way that Baby Nephilim is just gonna glide through our D like that. Hell naw.

On offense they ought have picked up the pace, I'd have told his man to make it his mission in life to beat that big galoot down the court every single time. Make it a track meet and wear him out, and chop him down. They all fall.

*lights stoogie*

Lost it at "baby nephilim".

I know the rules. I played basketball when I was a kid and I remember that big guys or adults taller than me easily could neutralize my shots and that I struggled so much on trying to block them or taking the ball away from them... So frustrating. On the other hand, I played football for the most part of my life and really never encountered such a thing while playing. It was always about skills and technique. The role that physical advantages played was in a very very low percentage in most of the cases.
That's a load of horse shit. If you're playing soccer, you don't stand a chance if the guy you're trying to defend is twice the athlete you are, you aren't running as fast as him, your cardio isn't as good, and you're not nearly as strong.

At what point does skill and technique trump athleticism in soccer? Only at the very early stages.

That's a load of horse shit. If you're playing soccer, you don't stand a chance if the guy you're trying to defend is twice the athlete you are, you aren't running as fast as him, your cardio isn't as good, and you're not nearly as strong.

At what point does skill and technique trump athleticism in soccer? Only at the very early stages.
mmm, ok.

You might mean English football, but I used to play football against this dude back when I was in middle school. He wasn't much smaller then and it took half our team or more to take him down.

5606440e94f1f.image.jpg

I'd say it's the exact opposite.

Once everyone has the conditioning it is skill and technique that stand out.

In football it's even worse imo. You ever watch US college football when a oline is bigger than the d-line? It's usually where the games is won. In the trenches.

Here is how the nation’s elite, the preseason top 20 teams, rank in regard to the size chart.

1) Alabama – 6’4.8″ – 314 lbs.
2) Florida State – 6’5.8″ – 313.4 lbs.
3) Ohio State – 6’5.2″ – 308.4 lbs.
4) Oklahoma – 6’4.4″ – 324.2 lbs.
5) USC – 6’3.6 ” – 296 lbs (below average)
6) Clemson – 6’4.4″ – 318 lbs.
7) Penn State – 6’5.2″ – 318.6 lbs.
8) Washington – 6’4.8″ – 306
9) Auburn – 6’4.8″ – 317.8 lbs.
10) Florida – 6’4.2 ” – 314.6 lbs.
11) Wisconsin – 6’6.2″ – 321.6 lbs.
12) Miami – 6’5 – 310.6 lbs.
13) LSU – 6’4 – 306.8 lbs.
14) Stanford – 6’3.8 ” – 311.4 lbs.
15) Louisville – 6’5.8 ” – 318.6 lbs.
16) Notre Dame – 6’5.6 ” – 315.8 lbs.
17) Oklahoma State – 6’5 – 318 lbs.
18) Michigan – 6’4.4 ” – 316.2 lbs.
19) Kansas State – 6’4.2″ – 298.6 lbs. (below average)
20) TCU – 6’5.4″ – 318 lbs.
https://crescentcitysports.com/college-football-biggest-offensive-linemen-of-2017/

Basketball in it's it's current incarnation have made positions become increasingly meaningless. The "Small-ball" and "Death-lineup" concepts where you feature five players who can handle and shoot the rock like guards, and play and defend multiple positions, means that size actually starts to work against you because the traditional lumbering Mark Eaton/Greg Ostertag bigs aren't mobile enough to stay on the court with that kind of lineup.

Tactics work to nulify the phyiscal advantage much better in basketball (I think). Whereas watching Alabama's o-line push around Vanderbilit last year was just silly.

You might mean English football, but I used to play football against this dude back when I was in middle school. He wasn't much smaller then and it took half our team or more to take him down.

5606440e94f1f.image.jpg

I mean football... Not american football, but yes, I got your point talking about physical advantages.

I got $5 on the black kid getting to the NBA before him

1 out of 6 living true 7 footers are currently in the nba. Pretty good chance he will get the nod if stays in basketball.

Last edited:

5606440e94f1f.image.jpg
Yeah but he was 26 years old.

Yeah but he was 26 years old.
It was like a grown man playing with kids, that's for sure. We were an undersized team too who hadn't won a game in the two years I was there. Worst part was that was the closest game we had, we were on the one yard line in the last seconds to win the game when we fumbled on the snap. I was the center.
<mma1>

Where in the fucking fuck do they use eight foot nets? Is that some new, make everyone feel good shit? I grew up in the midwest in the middle of basketball country, and never saw a gymnasium in any school or YMCA etc. that had an eight foot net. Why are any twelve year olds, regardless of height, playing on an eight foot net? If these were seven year olds, I could maybe understand.

Undertaker is 6'10. Hardly freak territory. He just needs put on some mass.

The kid is 12 years old..... he’ll probably end up 7’10. Feel bad for him; life won’t be easy for him.

We used 10foot rim since i was 8. Only difference was a size 6 ball.

Back