If Rumble comes back at Heavyweight, how would he fare against the top 10?

Anyone who fights with pressure makes Rumble his bitch.
Glover likes to pressure people, and tried to do that immediately to Rumble.
Fancy a guess as to what happened?

Hint: Glover's not the black guy

TOP 5 easy.
Not a champ material, but would definetely add excitement at HW.

Dana should sign him.

He beats everybody that can't take him down.

Olenick by Ezekiel.

Really he probably shows up at 7.

Right.....because UFC Heavyweights are known for their fantastic cardio, eh buddeh?

<DirkMavs>
Rumble had dreadful cardio for lighter weight classes, adding tonnes of superficial muscle is really going to help him isn't it? Not to mention his get out of jail free card was his power, something that doesn't translate to heavyweight as he couldn't even finish Arlovski even after breaking his jaw, so in other words he'd do an ngannou most fights and gas out, now hush.

Rumble had dreadful cardio for lighter weight classes, adding tonnes of superficial muscle is really going to help him isn't it? Not to mention his get out of jail free card was his power, something that doesn't translate to heavyweight as he couldn't even finish Arlovski even after breaking his jaw, so in other words he'd do an ngannou most fights and gas out, now hush.
A guy with dreadful cardio kept up with cardio machine Phil Davis and beat him comfortably on the scorecards? It's not even like that fight was anything like the tortoise-paced HW gasfests we see regularly, even between ranked fighters. If you actually knew anything about MMA, you'd understand that Rumble's fighting spirit, or "heart" is his problem, not cardio.

Arlovski is not even in the top 11, and Rumble is one of the few guys who beat him but didn't finish him (when Arlovski was younger and better than he is now). If anything, it shows Rumble's power did not translate to HW as well.
Lol, his power translated just fine, Arlovski just hung tough but was hurting bad.

giphy.gif

8563671b-66a7-4d1f-89a7-ae274a5876c8-2007-000000d20cbcde59.0.jpg

Rumble Vs. The Black Beast!
No one is spamming takedowns in that one. It'll be some good old homegrown slobber-knockin'!

C: Stipe Miocic
#1: Francis Ngannou
#2: Curtis Blaydes
#3: Alexander Volkov
#4: Alistair Overeem
#5: Derrick Lewis
#6: Mark Hunt
#7: Junior dos Santos
#8: Marcin Tybura
#9: Tai Tuivasa
#10: Aleksei Oleinik

Loses to Stipe.
Beats Ngannou
Beats Blaydes
Retires Overeem
Beats Lewis
Beats Tuivasa
Beats Oleinik

As for him fighting Hunt or JDS? That's where shit gets real.

giphy.gif

Current top 10 UFC HW rankings:
C: Stipe Miocic
#1: Francis Ngannou
#2: Curtis Blaydes
#3: Alexander Volkov
#4: Alistair Overeem
#5: Derrick Lewis
#6: Mark Hunt
#7: Junior dos Santos
#8: Marcin Tybura
#9: Tai Tuivasa
#10: Aleksei Oleinik

Assuming he's in the shape he was when he was fighting full-time, I would favour him over anyone not named Stipe, who I imagine would survive Rumble's early storm and grind him out. He's a better striker than anyone on that list and has some of the best takedown defense in MMA, especially when he's fresh. I also believe he'd be able to wrestlefuck Ngannou and Volkov comfortably should he choose to mix in a few takedowns. Blaydes has the best chance of beating him out of the contenders because of his great chin and excellent wrestling.

Edit: Sorry Lil Nog, but it wouldn't be a Rumble thread without this glorious GIF....

Inb4 someone says Rumble is too small for HW

Better question how long before he just gives up in fight?

Glover likes to pressure people, and tried to do that immediately to Rumble.
Fancy a guess as to what happened?

Hint: Glover's not the black guy

I remember calling this at the bar. A couple of my friends that are casuals asked what was going to happen...

"They both have huge power. If they both decide to trade right away, Rumble will have a slight speed advantage. He could win inside of 30 seconds."

Seconds later - "OMG! You were right!"

Rumble at 225 would be quicker than anyone else at HW.

Make it so

I remember calling this at the bar. A couple of my friends that are casuals asked what was going to happen...

"They both have huge power. If they both decide to trade right away, Rumble will have a slight speed advantage. He could win inside of 30 seconds."

Seconds later - "OMG! You were right!"
Francis has chin and heart, rumble has chin but not the heart.

Loses to the top grapplers... if they can get him down. But will sleep most of the top 10.

Don’t see him beating stipe,Cain and Ngannou at all.but other than that I can see him beating rest of them

Dirty curty, DC, stipe beat him unless he lands a bomb and puts them to sleep. The rest usually stand, and I think he would beat them with quickness and power

Back