Is Bellator on the rise?

I've never once heard someone say "Hey, wanna watch Bellator" or "do you Bellator fight?"

Why the questioning? If you got something to say say it.
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/b...ulti-year-nine-figure-deal-with-dazn.3787121/

What makes this more appealing is having Boxing tied into the service.

SMH
So now the events that were available for free before will stop being free. And will be broadcasted exclusively on this DAZN thing.
Ratings suck now, how will they suck from now on, when the viewers start to pay for the product?

Bellator are trying to become profitable on fans' expense.
That can pay off if they use this profit to make their product super-duper attractive for wide audience, but one needs to blindly believe in Coker abilities to assume so.

SMH
So now the events that were available for free before will stop being free. And will be broadcasted exclusively on this DAZN thing.
Ratings suck now, how will they suck from now on, when the viewers start to pay for the product?

Bellator are trying to become profitable on fans' expense.
That can pay off if they use this profit to make their product super-duper attractive for wide audience, but one needs to blindly believe in Coker abilities to assume so.
This is just one more avenue to deliver their product. Do you complain about having to pay for UFC or Boxing ppvs? How else do you expect them to generate money? To me it seems like you have something against Bellator or Coker and want to be argumentative.

This is just one more avenue to deliver their product. Do you complain about having to pay for UFC or Boxing ppvs? How else do you expect them to generate money? Not all their cards were free either. To me it seems like you have something against Bellator or Coker and want to be argumentative.

Check this out:
Seven Bellator events a year will be exclusive to DAZN in the USA,
This avenue will be the bottleneck. Exclusive!

I don't complain about UFC PPVs, I complain about Bellator thinking ANY of their cards is worth PPVs. Not today.

I don't have anything against Bellator, I have something against Coker. Coker is NOT good for MMA as he is described to be.
He disappointed every investor of Strikeforce and led to the natural conclusion - it being sold to the UFC.
He turned the fresh, tourney-format Bellator, that actually made a good job in bringing solid names out of nowhere - to the second rate org with occasional freak shows.

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-26_21-9-6.png
    upload_2018-6-26_21-9-6.png
    47.5 KB · Views: 2
lol
What are these stupid retarded P4P rankings supposed to prove? That UFC's legitimacy and matchmaking and rankings are shit and nothing is based on actual merit or records?

but the only 2 that people care about are inactive and GSP is barely even a fighter anymore.

Bellator's roster is not that impressive.

Check this out:

This avenue will be the bottleneck. Exclusive!

I don't complain about UFC PPVs, I complain about Bellator thinking ANY of their cards is worth PPVs. Not today.

I don't have anything against Bellator, I have something against Coker. Coker is NOT good for MMA as he is described to be.
He disappointed every investor of Strikeforce and led to the natural conclusion - it being sold to the UFC.
He turned the fresh, tourney-format Bellator, that actually made a good job in bringing solid names out of nowhere - to the second rate org with occasional freak shows.
No idea about the financials concerning Strikeforce but as a fan everyone loved what they where doing. ZUFFA was buying out all the promotions they could at the time.

Bellator has always been a second rate org. Regardless of how cool it is. If you dont feel Bellator fights are worth paying for then you dont feel the fighters should be paid their worth. That says a lot.

I really liked Bjorn and what he was doing but since Viacom bought them out Coker has done a good job of keeping them alive. He's brought back the tournement in the GP. His eye for talent, has several great prospects on the rise. Most the fighters have nothing but good things to say about their dealings with him. He gives unknown local fighters a chance to compete on undercards. The freakshows are what they are but what else does he have to work with until they build a solid roster. More fighters are looking to join Bellator now. There's cross promotion and Kickboxing etc.

This DAZN service seems alright. NFL, BOXING, MMA, and other sports all in one place.

Last edited:
No idea about the financials concerning Strikeforce but as a fan everyone loved what they where doing.

There were ups and downs. Strikeforce simply had great roster - but that's not Coker's accomplishment. They bought the whole Elite XC roster, not created anything new.
But they definitely were better than Bellator of now.

ZUFFA was buying out all the promotions they could at the time.
They would've never been able to a company stable financially and sponsored. And one that wishes to exist. When Coker sold SF he knew that its days are numbered, just like all the other companies Zuffa bought.

Coker has done a good job of keeping them alive.

Actually, very lame job. There are some cards that literally have no reason to exist. They are poor. Even in Rebnator there weren't cards with absolutely no meaning.
Ratings go down...

He's brought back the tournement in the GP.

Try to compare this tournament with SF tournament. SF tournament failed, it didn't buy out. What will happen with this one? Exactly the same idea, but it's a pale shadow of SF tournay which Cormier won.

His eye for talent, has several great prospects on the rise.

Who are those prospects and how far are they risen? Are they known to the public? I honestly believe James Gallagher might be the most popular prospect in Bellator, along with Kimbo Jr.
And Coker needs to thank Conor and late Kimbo - huge MMA superstars - for giving him these prospects.

He gives unknown local fighters a chance to compete on undercards.

For peanuts. Do they get contracts in Bellator afterwards? Are there prospects that risen from these local undercards?Me thinks not.
Do they know any names of these fighters? Because if you don't, they might as well go to LFA or something,

More fighters are looking to join Bellator now.

Now this part is correct...and this is Coker's luck. He provides an alternative, and fighters, who WME consider overpaid, will move there. Continue to do so.
Now about using them...

There were ups and downs. Strikeforce simply had great roster - but that's not Coker's accomplishment. They bought the whole Elite XC roster, not created anything new.
But they definitely were better than Bellator of now.

They would've never been able to a company stable financially and sponsored. And one that wishes to exist. When Coker sold SF he knew that its days are numbered, just like all the other companies Zuffa bought.

Actually, very lame job. There are some cards that literally have no reason to exist. They are poor. Even in Rebnator there weren't cards with absolutely no meaning.
Ratings go down...

Try to compare this tournament with SF tournament. SF tournament failed, it didn't buy out. What will happen with this one? Exactly the same idea, but it's a pale shadow of SF tournay which Cormier won.

Who are those prospects and how far are they risen? Are they known to the public? I honestly believe James Gallagher might be the most popular prospect in Bellator, along with Kimbo Jr.
And Coker needs to thank Conor and late Kimbo - huge MMA superstars - for giving him these prospects.

For peanuts. Do they get contracts in Bellator afterwards? Are there prospects that risen from these local undercards?Me thinks not.
Do they know any names of these fighters? Because if you don't, they might as well go to LFA or something,

Now this part is correct...and this is Coker's luck. He provides an alternative, and fighters, who WME consider overpaid, will move there. Continue to do so.
Now about using them...
I'll just address only the questions you asked in that long ass post. As an American, he's done a great job scouting collegiate wrestlers and is building them up. One of them being a champ. Two if you count Bader. Some names off the top of my head. Pico, Ruth, Honeycut, the Fortune brothers. He's also found AJ McKee along with Baby Slice. When you say how far they've risen, that reeks of tabloid popularity. Which the UFC is great at selling if your into that kind of thing.

The one issue I have with Coker's GP is he draws it out way too long. If he had more fights on the same cards there would be less potential problems. Look what it's done for DC.

If they fight and win and make a name for themselves they will probably get contracts. Thats kind of how it works. Bellator has a lot of people you've probably never seen elsewhere so that should answer your question.

Last edited:
I'll just address only the questions you asked in that long ass post

Oh, sorry, I thought I'm speaking with an intelligent person who has normal attention span and is able to read the response.

he's done a great job scouting collegiate wrestlers and is building them up. One of them being a champ

Caldwell? And he doesn't market him even ONE bit. UFC do better job with Mighty Mouse than Coker does with Caldwell. He's unknown to the public.

Pico, Ruth, Honeycut, the Fortune brothers.

They're known from wrestling. They are, truly, good prospects. But he doesn't do anything with them either. Meanwhile, their wrestling fame comes with them.

He's also found AJ McKee along with Baby Slice.

No he didn't "found" them. They weren't just guys from the streets. McKee's father is one of the most known coaches in MMA, and Baby Slice...come on, nothing about Coker employing him is "finding " him.

When you say how far they've risen, that reeks of tabloid popularity. Which the UFC is great at selling if your into that kind of thing.

What is, in your mind, a difference between "tabloid" popularity and just popularity? Because there are popular fighters both in the UFc in Bellator. And Bellator exploits fighters than were made popular by the UFC. Exploits it big time without shame. They provide him their only ratings and money.

The one issue I have with Coker's GP is he draws it out way too long. If he had more fights on the same cards there would be less potential problems.

Bjorn somehow never had that issue, and never had same day tourneys.

If they fight and win and make a name for themselves they will probably get contracts. Thats kind of how it works. Bellator has a lot of people you've probably never seen elsewhere so that should answer your question.

Give me names of local fighters, whose career paths were changed by them fighting in local Bellator undercard.

Oh, sorry, I thought I'm speaking with an intelligent person who has normal attention span and is able to read the response.

Caldwell? And he doesn't market him even ONE bit. UFC do better job with Mighty Mouse than Coker does with Caldwell. He's unknown to the public.

They're known from wrestling. They are, truly, good prospects. But he doesn't do anything with them either. Meanwhile, their wrestling fame comes with them.

No he didn't "found" them. They weren't just guys from the streets. McKee's father is one of the most known coaches in MMA, and Baby Slice...come on, nothing about Coker employing him is "finding " him.

What is, in your mind, a difference between "tabloid" popularity and just popularity? Because there are popular fighters both in the UFc in Bellator. And Bellator exploits fighters than were made popular by the UFC. Exploits it big time without shame. They provide him their only ratings and money.

Bjorn somehow never had that issue, and never had same day tourneys.

Give me names of local fighters, whose career paths were changed by them fighting in local Bellator undercard.
Fuck you bitch. You just want to be argumentative which I have no patience for. If you dont like Coker or Bellator then dont watch. Simple as that.

Fuck you bitch. You just want to be argumentative. I dont have patience for you. If you dont like Coker or Bellator then dont watch. Simple as that.

I make points, you make insults. I shoved the truth about current Bellator situation straight into your stupid face and you did not like it.

Not that I care. Crawl back to the cave you came from and stay there.

I make points, you make insults. I shoved the truth about current Bellator situation straight into your stupid face and you did not like it.

Not that I care. Crawl back to the cave you came from and stay there.
You insulted me first. And you troll me trying to provoke an argument, constantly moving the goal posts when I reply. What makes you think you are worth anyone's time?

Last edited:
No idea about the financials concerning Strikeforce but as a fan everyone loved what they where doing. ZUFFA was buying out all the promotions they could at the time.
Strikeforce owners put it up for sale when they started losing money & Zuffa bid the most.

If SF wasn't losing money due to Fedor & the Grand prix, they might not have sold.

lol
What are these stupid retarded P4P rankings supposed to prove? That UFC's legitimacy and matchmaking and rankings are shit and nothing is based on actual merit or records?
Come on, man... Let's not act like Bellator's any better.

I honestly can't see how anyone would look at how Bellator has been doing as of late and still think that they're actually on the rise. They signed Lyoto Machida? That's good and all, but will he actually bring the ratings they need or will he be another one of those marquee signings that don't pan out ratings wise? Leaning hard towards the latter.

You insulted me first Dumbfuck. And you troll me trying to provoke an argument, constantly moving the goal posts when I reply. What makes you think you are worth anyone's time? No one's to talk with someone like you.

I like that "Dumbfuck" with the capital D. Makes it sound solid.

And I was not trying to "provoke an argument", I was managing a debate from my side - something you failed to do coherently and intelligently from yours.
Apparently because you had no base and your points being thrashed by my responses.

constantly moving the goal posts when I reply.

Not even once.

Back