Supreme Court Upholds Trump Travel Ban

Did the Supreme Court rule correctly?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If only it had Pakistan and Saudi Arabia.
Sotomayor is such a clown. Should've never been allowed on the bench. "Minorities didn't score as high as whites so that means the test was racist!"

Well, when we start a plane hijacker ban, I'll support Saudi Arabia being on the list.

Why not protect us from Saudi grown terrorists now? Or do we have to wait for another 9/11?

The majority of muslims live in countries other than those listed, so calling it a "muslim" ban is disingenuous at best.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_by_country#Table

The ban affects roughly 12% of muslims worldwide.
Yep, there are roughly 50 countries with a Muslim majority and yet the ban only has what, 7 or 8? The autistic screeching about Hitler and Nazis from the left is fun though.

Are you not aware of the number of Somalis in Minnesota? FYI, most came through the Mexican border.

Somalis in Tijuana, Mexico waiting to cross border seeking asylum...

Calling fake news on this. Source that these are Somalis? I don't see any ethnic Somalis in this photo.

Probably because Obama didn't run a campaign based on Islamophobia so no one thought to question his motives and believed his actions were purely based on national security interests.

Trump's hang ups are entirely based on his rhetoric, not policy. I mean it's pretty clear based on the dissenting judge's stances.
Sounds like a cop out to me.
Obama enacted the same policy, regardless of the mental gymnastics required to justify the double standard at play here.

Sounds like a cop out to me.
Obama enacted the same policy, regardless of the mental gymnastics required to justify the double standard at play here.

The policies aren't the same. The same countries aren't affected. The same period of time isn't in place. The justifications are both different. Who is and isn't affected by the ban in those coutnries is different.

I hope this helps.

The policies aren't the same. The same countries aren't affected. The same period of time isn't in place. The justifications are both different. Who is and isn't affected by the ban in those coutnries is different.

I hope this helps.
Oh, he added N. Korea and Chad.
Nice try.

As an American, you make an oath to the Constitution.

The Constitution states that people should be able to freely practice whatever religion they wish. That's not support for the tenets of Islam, it's tolerance, just like we tolerate Christianity.

What I find hilarious about all this is you repeatedly shit on the behavior of Muslims, when earlier this week I caught you laughing about the idea that Trump should "sweet chin music that little bitch back across the border" - which was in reference to a 4 year old little girl. As if imagining a grown man cold cocking a little girl while referring to her as a bitch is hilarious. So ya, if we can tolerate attitudes such as yours, then we can accept others as well.
The Constitution is not for middle east countries, it's for America. It doesn't keep you from worshiping Allah.

As an American, you make an oath to the Constitution.

The Constitution states that people should be able to freely practice whatever religion they wish. That's not support for the tenets of Islam, it's tolerance, just like we tolerate Christianity.

What I find hilarious about all this is you repeatedly shit on the behavior of Muslims, when earlier this week I caught you laughing about the idea that Trump should "sweet chin music that little bitch back across the border" - which was in reference to a 4 year old little girl. As if imagining a grown man cold cocking a little girl while referring to her as a bitch is hilarious. So ya, if we can tolerate attitudes such as yours, then we can accept others as well.
<Dany07>

But Trump?

It's his policy...
https://www.cbp.gov/travel/internat...ement-and-terrorist-travel-prevention-act-faq

"On December 18, 2015, the Visa Waiver Program Improvement and Terrorist Travel Prevention Act of 2015 (the Act) became law as part of the Consolidated Appropriations Act 2016. The Act, among other things, established new eligibility requirements for travel under the VWP. These new eligibility requirements do not bar travel to the United States. Instead, a traveler who does not meet the requirements must obtain a visa for travel to the United States, which generally includes an in-person interview at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate.

DHS has updated the ESTA application with additional questions to address the new eligibility requirements under the Act."

"
Under the Act, travelers in the following categories are no longer eligible to travel or be admitted to the United States, without a waiver, under the VWP:

• Nationals of VWP countries who have traveled to or been present in Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia, or Yemen at any time on or after March 1, 2011 (with limited exceptions); and
  • Nationals of VWP countries who are also nationals of Iraq, Syria, Iran, or Sudan.
These restrictions do not apply to VWP travelers whose presence in Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia, or Yemen was to perform military service in the armed forces of a program country, or in order to carry out official duties as a full-time employee of the government of a program country. We recommend those individuals who have traveled to one or more of the seven countries listed above for military/official purposes bring with them appropriate documentation when traveling through a U.S. port of entry. However, these exceptions do not apply to the restriction for dual nationals of one of the subject countries (“dual national restriction”).

The vast majority of VWP-eligible travelers will not be affected by the new Act. New countries may be added to this list by designation of the Secretary of Homeland Security."

Note the date.

If only it had Pakistan and Saudi Arabia.
Sotomayor is such a clown. Should've never been allowed on the bench. "Minorities didn't score as high as whites so that means the test was racist!"
Obama's goal was to put as many judges with butch lesbian haircuts on the bench as possible. That was pretty much Obama's criteria.
1-Sonia-Sotomayor-Article-201802062220.jpg

elena-kagan-teaching.jpg

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/internat...ement-and-terrorist-travel-prevention-act-faq

"On December 18, 2015, the Visa Waiver Program Improvement and Terrorist Travel Prevention Act of 2015 (the Act) became law as part of the Consolidated Appropriations Act 2016. The Act, among other things, established new eligibility requirements for travel under the VWP. These new eligibility requirements do not bar travel to the United States. Instead, a traveler who does not meet the requirements must obtain a visa for travel to the United States, which generally includes an in-person interview at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate.

DHS has updated the ESTA application with additional questions to address the new eligibility requirements under the Act."

"
Under the Act, travelers in the following categories are no longer eligible to travel or be admitted to the United States, without a waiver, under the VWP:

• Nationals of VWP countries who have traveled to or been present in Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia, or Yemen at any time on or after March 1, 2011 (with limited exceptions); and
  • Nationals of VWP countries who are also nationals of Iraq, Syria, Iran, or Sudan.
These restrictions do not apply to VWP travelers whose presence in Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia, or Yemen was to perform military service in the armed forces of a program country, or in order to carry out official duties as a full-time employee of the government of a program country. We recommend those individuals who have traveled to one or more of the seven countries listed above for military/official purposes bring with them appropriate documentation when traveling through a U.S. port of entry. However, these exceptions do not apply to the restriction for dual nationals of one of the subject countries (“dual national restriction”).

The vast majority of VWP-eligible travelers will not be affected by the new Act. New countries may be added to this list by designation of the Secretary of Homeland Security."

Note the date.

What's your point? You already posted this.

It's different from Trump's new ban. The justification is different. The countries are different. Who is impacted in those countries is also different. Trump's rhetoric is different.

Things can be similar but still different. I hope this helps.

Obama's goal was to put as many judges with butch lesbian haircuts on the bench as possible.
I don't have a problem with Kagan even though we'd probably disagree on most things. Sotomayor should've never been nominated after the firefighter exam fiasco.

Back