HOAs suck

supra

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This new mowing service we have sucks balls they dont even finish mowing around my lake and yesterday instead of blowing off all the entryways the punk grabbed a blower on wheels and just drove down the streets blowing shit everywhere not caring where it went. The HOA hired these new bitches after we had a good mowing service for years to save a few dollars. When I email a complaint the new bitch doesnt even reply.
I shoulda checked up more on HOAs before buying a house that has one most places here have them tho.
When the next HOA meeting comes the new bitch is gonna get an ear full.

Limited HOA is best. Old one was 500 every 3 months and they hired lawn, but, etc but it was always shitty. New HOA is just 300 a year, they maintain the clubhouse, pool, park and do events and monitor houses. Way better imo.

This new mowing service we have sucks balls they dont even finish mowing around my lake and yesterday instead of blowing off all the entryways the punk grabbed a blower on wheels and just drove down the streets blowing shit everywhere not caring where it went.

Epic run on sentence...

Find the old people in your HOA and get them to complain. They have plenty of time to annoy the fuck out of service providers to get you the services you pay for, IME.

The morons in my communties HoA are infuriating. They require everyone to have Tall Fescue, but dont seem to understand that the "Tall" part of that is an important factor in both keeping it alive, and choking out weeds.

I mow my grass once a week, and these assholes will drive by my house on day 6, and send me a letter. Last year I had my deck lower and mowed it every 5 days, and it practically destroyed my yard... then they complain about that.

Wtf is A HOA

It is a subdivision fee a home owner pays into either monthly or yearly. Unless you have a home with no HOA fee.

For example my HOA is pretty low it is $67 a year so it’s billed to me in one single payment.

HOA board members are people who have longed for power their entire life and finally have a little of it so they go out of their way to make you miserable. I’ve heard enough horror stories that I’ll never buy a home that falls under one.

This new mowing service we have sucks balls they dont even finish mowing around my lake and yesterday instead of blowing off all the entryways the punk grabbed a blower on wheels and just drove down the streets blowing shit everywhere not caring where it went. The HOA hired these new bitches after we had a good mowing service for years to save a few dollars. When I email a complaint the new bitch doesnt even reply.
I shoulda checked up more on HOAs before buying a house that has one most places here have them tho.
When the next HOA meeting comes the new bitch is gonna get an ear full.

Do they mow yards or just the "common areas"?

I'm not a fan of HOAs myself unless they're reasonable and don't go all dictator on folks . . . color schemes of properties is one thing . . . whining about what I put in my back yard is another.

Glad we don't have one in our rural sub-division.

managerhaircut.jpg

It is a subdivision fee a home owner pays into either monthly or yearly. Unless you have a home with no HOA fee.

For example my HOA is pretty low it is $67 a year so it’s billed to me in one single payment.
In like a normal suburban setting, or is this apartments and shit?
It sounds suburban. If so, why the need for an organisation ?

HOA's are the worst. They are actually worse for condos and apartments (all the communal services), but they are terrible in subdivisions as well. I'm fine with them doing things like maintaining pools/clubhouses/neighborhood parks, contracting someone to plow the snow, and contracting the trash/recycling services. When they start getting to people's lawns, forbidding the neighborhood from installing solar panels on the roof because "it's unsightly," and those sorts of things, they simply go too far.

In like a normal suburban setting, or is this apartments and shit?
It sounds suburban. If so, why the need for an organisation ?
Because there are usually sections of the neighborhood that nobody owns, but still contain grass, bushes, trees, etc. so the HOA (home owners association) hires contractors to keep those places under maintenance.

Also, there's usually a set of rules that govern the neighborhodd, eg. yards have to be mowed before grass is ____ high, certain approved colors for housing, you can't rent a house out without living in it and owning it for ____ years (which is actually a great one). It's a safeguard that you won't have an eyesore house that's in disrepair with a unkempt yard that contains debris and shit. They can be annoying sometimes, but it does keep people from putting a black eye on the neighborhood.

I'm sure some are over the top, but with mine, they just like the illusion of power. By that, I mean you have to send a letter with a filled out document you print off online for housing changes like solar panels, new roof, massive landscaping changes like switching from grass to stone beds, etc. I've never been denied anything that I asked for, just finger wagged for not asking first when I neglected to do so.

Last edited:
Unless there are common areas or a demand for routine maintenance, HOAs are unnecessary. Everything can be governed through covenants and restrictions.

Wtf is A HOA
Home Owners Association. Most every neighborhood has a lawyer living there. One of the first things an HOA does is reach out to him/her for pro bono representation. That way they can hassle you for free but you have to hire someone to fight back. We can’t even cut down a tree without approval from the architectural committee.

Because there are usually sections of the neighborhood that nobody owns, but still contain grass, bushes, trees, etc. so the HOA (home owners association) hires contractors to keep those places under maintenance.

Also, there's usually a set of rules that govern the neighborhodd, eg. yards have to be mowed before grass is ____ high, certain approved colors for housing, you can't rent a house out without living in it and owning it for ____ years (which is actually a great one). It's a safeguard that you won't have an eyesore house that's in disrepair with a unkempt yard that contains debris and shit. They can be annoying sometimes, but it does keep people from putting a black eye on the neighborhood.

I'm sure some are over the top, but with mine, they just like the illusion of power. By that, I mean you have to send a letter with a filled out document you print off online for housing changes like solar panels, new roof, massive landscaping changes like switching from grass to stone beds, etc. I've never been denied anything that I asked for, just finger wagged for not asking first when I neglected to do so.
And then there's crazy stuff like no pickups parked in the neighbourhood, or the best one ever - all vehicles to be garaged overnight.

Back