HOAs suck

How much you get for your house since you moved north? You had a pool at your old house too didnt you. Remember you saying something about flooding during a hurricane years ago.
Sold the house for $400,000. It was an 1,800 sq ft 3 bed 2 bath with a pool and 2 car garage. We moved about five miles north and got a 3,800 sq ft 4 bed, 3.5 bath with a pool and 2 car garage for $475,000. It's amazing how much cheaper it is when you move out of one of the area where they have the A schools, but since I don't have any kids what do I care. Although I do miss the fact we lived on a golf course before.
The town house I had with the HOA was 2 bed, 2.5 bath, bought it for $57,000 in 93 and sold it in 2003 for $134,000 but again I'd never live in a community with a HOA again after that experience.

You know, gummies:
HighlyEdible-Gummy-GoldenStrawberryPucks-100mg.jpg
gotta say, I've become a big fan of the gummys

Sold the house for $400,000. It was an 1,800 sq ft 3 bed 2 bath with a pool and 2 car garage. We moved about five miles north and got a 3,800 sq ft 4 bed, 3.5 bath with a pool and 2 car garage for $475,000. It's amazing how much cheaper it is when you move out of one of the area where they have the A schools, but since I don't have any kids what do I care. Although I do miss the fact we lived on a golf course before.
The town house I had with the HOA was 2 bed, 2.5 bath, bought it for $57,000 in 93 and sold it in 2003 for $134,000 but again I'd never live in a community with a HOA again after that experience.
Thats why I didnt move back to Miami and buy a house there houses here are alot cheaper. Id say this one would go for bout 250 down there. I got 3 bedrooms and 3 baths on a lake it was a short sale so I got a damn good deal. Hell my living room is as big as my whole first apartment on Collins ave down there and it went for 850 years ago.
Thing about this place is they found a way to charge me 8 grand more for it than asking price. The realtor said there was other bids on the house and my top offer was more than theirs. Ive never heard of people biding on houses like that have you?

Thats why I didnt move back to Miami and buy a house there houses here are alot cheaper. Id say this one would go for bout 250 down there. I got 3 bedrooms and 3 baths on a lake it was a short sale so I got a damn good deal. Hell my living room is as big as my whole first apartment on Collins ave down there and it went for 850 years ago.
Thing about this place is they found a way to charge me 8 grand more for it than asking price. The realtor said there was other bids on the house and my top offer was more than theirs. Ive never heard of people biding on houses like that have you?
actually yes, the house I sold for $400,000 I originally bought for $2,000 over the asking price but there were 17 other people trying to buy it. Bought it for $291,000 so it all worked out. Comparable houses were going for the mid $300,000s but this place looked like it hadn't been renovated since the Brady Bunch was on the air. It's amazing how a little updating can raise the value.

I get what you mean about value, your house in Miami depending on where you lived could go as high mid $400,000s to maybe even low $500,000s. Where I moved from it probably would be somewhere around $425,000. Where I am now it would probably go for about $380,000 to $400,000. I have one around the corner that someone renovated that's comparable to your place from what you are telling me that they are asking $525,000 but it's been sitting for over six months after the completely renovated it. So yeah, I can see your point about more bang for your buck.

actually yes, the house I sold for $400,000 I originally bought for $2,000 over the asking price but there were 17 other people trying to buy it. Bought it for $291,000 so it all worked out. Comparable houses were going for the mid $300,000s but this place looked like it hadn't been renovated since the Brady Bunch was on the air. It's amazing how a little updating can raise the value.

I get what you mean about value, your house in Miami depending on where you lived could go as high mid $400,000s to maybe even low $500,000s. Where I moved from it probably would be somewhere around $425,000. Where I am now it would probably go for about $380,000 to $400,000. I have one around the corner that someone renovated that's comparable to your place from what you are telling me that they are asking $525,000 but it's been sitting for over six months after the completely renovated it. So yeah, I can see your point about more bang for your buck.
Did they tell you in advance about the other bidders? They pulled that shit on me later on after I paid a binder.
The prick also told me hed help me get the 8500 dollar first time home buyer tax credit and when it came time he said it wasnt his problem. He was so sleazy I felt dirty just being around him. I got my 8500 tho without his help and paid 15 grand as a down payment.
If I didnt have this HOA fee the mortgage would be dirt cheap even at 5.75 percent. Still cheaper than what I was paying for rent on a one bedroom in Nashville tho. Had to leave there after dating the lady that ran the place lol. I couldnt afford Miami I wasnt going back to Daytona and Tampa has bad storms plus red tide.
Im happy where Im am I play with my ducks have my own gym and am close to everything.

My HOA mowed my fucking house down

This new mowing service we have sucks balls they dont even finish mowing around my lake and yesterday instead of blowing off all the entryways the punk grabbed a blower on wheels and just drove down the streets blowing shit everywhere not caring where it went. The HOA hired these new bitches after we had a good mowing service for years to save a few dollars. When I email a complaint the new bitch doesnt even reply.
I shoulda checked up more on HOAs before buying a house that has one most places here have them tho.
When the next HOA meeting comes the new bitch is gonna get an ear full.
Speaking of HOA, I just got a $700+ bill from mine. I'm going to have to deal with that bullshit while I'm out of town for the next month and change...

My HOA is $20 a year. All it does is pay for maintaining the subdivision entrance wall/sign/grass. They've got such a surplus they sometimes rent out inflatables for the kids.

They've got a few rules about fencing and putting trash cans away that are never enforced.

All in all, it's fine. But I've heard plenty of horror stories from others.
$20/year is about as good as it gets. My HOA is more than my property taxes (yearly), especially when you factor in special assessments and shit like that. I'm in Florida too, but it's South Florida, so things are generally more expensive than the rest of the state.

$20/year is about as good as it gets. My HOA is more than my property taxes (yearly), especially when you factor in special assessments and shit like that. I'm in Florida too, but it's South Florida, so things are generally more expensive than the rest of the state.
South Florida huh welcome brother so you probly have met the lady in your avatar Im sure shes worked in Miami. Theres a few of us Florida boys on here. I use to live in North Miami beach before buying a house in North Florida. Have fun down there.
EDIT whats the 700 bill for?

Did they tell you in advance about the other bidders? They pulled that shit on me later on after I paid a binder.
The prick also told me hed help me get the 8500 dollar first time home buyer tax credit and when it came time he said it wasnt his problem. He was so sleazy I felt dirty just being around him. I got my 8500 tho without his help and paid 15 grand as a down payment.
If I didnt have this HOA fee the mortgage would be dirt cheap even at 5.75 percent. Still cheaper than what I was paying for rent on a one bedroom in Nashville tho. Had to leave there after dating the lady that ran the place lol. I couldnt afford Miami I wasnt going back to Daytona and Tampa has bad storms plus red tide.
Im happy where Im am I play with my ducks have my own gym and am close to everything.
It was pretty apparent when we went to look at the house. The neighborhood was pretty desirable, when we went there we were one of about 12 people/families that were looking while we were there. Have to remember that this was also during the housing market bubble so places were being snapped up pretty quick. So we knew there was going to be a bidding war, I gambled that $1,000 over asking was enough and I got lucky. When we sold it we had two open houses within a week of each other and had seven offers within 48 hours after the second open house. The family that ultimately bought it offered $1000, they also went to both open houses.

Damn man, South Florida, Daytona and Tampa....... it's almost like we are living a mirror life. I was lived in the Tampa/Clearwater area through high school, moved to Daytona after I got out of the army then moved down to South Florida. Guess that means I'll be moving to the Carolinas some day, lol.

Dont move there storms are worse in the Carolinas cause hurricanes tend to go out then they come back in. Im so damn lucky we rarely get bad storms here even tho saint Augustine and even Ponte Vedra last time got slammed. Ive been all over Florida and lived 2 places in Miami 2 in Daytona and then here after going back to Nashville. Daytona is one of the most miserable places in Florida I tried to go back to Miami after the first year there but got screwed over by some shitty Cuban realtor company. Them Cubans hate us gringos ya know. They offered me the dump and the nice apartment to the Cuban family even tho I looked at it first and shouldve got it. Here I was with all my shit in a rental truck and thats all they offered me. You cant find a place overnight in Miami freakin beach so I had to go back to Daytona and live in a hotel for a month before even getting a place there.

HOA board members are people who have longed for power their entire life and finally have a little of it so they go out of their way to make you miserable. I’ve heard enough horror stories that I’ll never buy a home that falls under one.

giphy.webp

South Florida huh welcome brother so you probly have met the lady in your avatar Im sure shes worked in Miami. Theres a few of us Florida boys on here. I use to live in North Miami beach before buying a house in North Florida. Have fun down there.
EDIT whats the 700 bill for?
We're constantly getting special assessments and crap like that. I'll just have to pay it while I'm on the road. I'm getting sick of this shit, so I plan on selling my place fairly soon...

We're constantly getting special assessments and crap like that. I'll just have to pay it while I'm on the road. I'm getting sick of this shit, so I plan on selling my place fairly soon...
Thats not right sounds like they are just making up shit to charge you more money. I have a set fee I pay every month and it has gone up every year. I dont use the pool anymore dont watch cable and could mow my own yard and trim my own bushes. Eh what can I do.
Its still not bad if theyd just do what they are suppose to do. The old crew was good ole boys that kept the place looking good. These new bitches do the least they can get by with if I ever see em run over one of my ducks I may just start murdering the fuckers.

Thats not right sounds like they are just making up shit to charge you more money. I have a set fee I pay every month and it has gone up every year. I dont use the pool anymore dont watch cable and could mow my own yard and trim my own bushes. Eh what can I do.
Its still not bad if theyd just do what they are suppose to do. The old crew was good ole boys that kept the place looking good. These new bitches do the least they can get by with if I ever see em run over one of my ducks I may just start murdering the fuckers.
Yeah, it's a bad situation all around...

until you next door neighbor puts his shooting car in his front yard.

I don't live in an rural area where that can happen. Its illegal to park on the front lawn in my neck of civilization.

That's why I'm going straight from rental to single family home.

Sure a condo or a townhouse would be cheaper, but factor in the HOA and it's not worth it.

Back