OZ going full retard - Boys Cant Be Boys

Grunk

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
A popular Australian pyjama brand has removed a boys' jumper emblazoned with the slogan "boys will be boys" from the market after concerned parents complained about the use of the phrase.

The grey pyjama top was marketed in Peter Alexander's children's range, and was spotted by Melbourne mother Bridie Harris in a shop last week. She then made a complaint to the company on social media.

'Boys Will Be Boys' pyjama shirt from Peter Alexander.

Photo: Peter Alexander online store
"Boy won’t be boys," she wrote on Facebook on June 20.

"Boys will be held accountable for their actions. I hate to see an Australian store, who makes such great pjs, put such a sexist statement on a t-shirt intended for young boys. Excusing boys of their behaviour is not a step in the right direction. It’s 2018."

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/na...d-after-parent-complaint-20180627-p4zo5l.html

The company reviewed the feedback and told her they were removing it from sale on Wednesday.

Australia seems to be the source of even more feminist nonsense than the US and UK.

A popular Australian pyjama brand has removed a boys' jumper emblazoned with the slogan "boys will be boys" from the market after concerned parents complained about the use of the phrase.

The grey pyjama top was marketed in Peter Alexander's children's range, and was spotted by Melbourne mother Bridie Harris in a shop last week. She then made a complaint to the company on social media.

'Boys Will Be Boys' pyjama shirt from Peter Alexander.

Photo: Peter Alexander online store
"Boy won’t be boys," she wrote on Facebook on June 20.

"Boys will be held accountable for their actions. I hate to see an Australian store, who makes such great pjs, put such a sexist statement on a t-shirt intended for young boys. Excusing boys of their behaviour is not a step in the right direction. It’s 2018."

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/na...d-after-parent-complaint-20180627-p4zo5l.html

The company reviewed the feedback and told her they were removing it from sale on Wednesday.

Really puts a damper on my planned "feminists will be cunts" pyjamas I was planning on rolling out.

Always thought it was pajamas?

Hm.

I understand the backlash to the statement when its blatantly used to excuse problematic behavior by men and boys but in the context here, the phrase being on PJs for young boy, I highly doubt that was the intention.

I'm looking forward to the movement that rebukes most of this.

This is exactly as stupid as going on a quest to eliminate "girls just want to have fun," because it furthers the notion that women are all brainless whores. It's about the same.

Is there anything liberals don't ruin? How do these cunts even sleep at night being enraged over everything 24/7?

I hope this phase in our social evolution goes quickly; it's annoying sometimes.

People are offended by the dumbest shit man. I really wonder what the hell the world is going to be like in 5-10.

I understand the backlash to the statement when its blatantly used to excuse problematic behavior by men and boys but in the context here, the phrase being on PJs for young boy, I highly doubt that was the intention.
Oh I can't stand that word that I highlighted.

I think it's clearly meant to say, "Hey, if Tommy whips it out at your eight year old daughter's sleep over birthday party it's not on him. Boys will be boys."

When the fuck did this " boys will be boys " phrase apparently become a tool of the oppressive patriarchy to excuse any loathsome behavior.? I never saw this uttered once until some female celebs on instagram were reposting quotes and memes.

Talk about fabricating shit out of thin air.

I am ok with certain idioms losing popular appeal in a timely way. We don’t say, “free, white, and 21” anymore either. “Boys will be boys” seems to be an excuse for bad behavior.
As a teacher, I have said to a parent about their boy, “he has a lot of boy in him.” I was a boy once too. I like (and still like) to wrestle, take risks, be aggressive, and behave in ways to show dominance in my social group. Should I stop saying that?
When a girl walks up to me and says that a boy is harassing her, I don’t say, “that means he likes you,” like a female teacher did once.
Are we ready to get rid of this popular idiom? Maybe? Maybe not? It’s worth the discussion.

Oh I can't stand that word that I highlighted.
3fD44Gvh.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back