2018 World Cup - Mayberry Edition - France wins!

World Cup Finals - Who are you rooting for?

• Total voters
QueoXfV.png

France, Belgium. Croatia and England in the semi's. Belgium over Croatia in the Final.

I dont "root" for anybody.... I sit, watch, enjoy the game and get entertained... may the best one win....thats all

Wife wouldn't let me drink during qualifying but now it's game on. Love summer and cold beers during fifa

I'm rooting for England and I hope Brazil crushes Mexico.

lol you must be high to believe Mexico is going to beat Brazil... you are probably mexican, thats all (yeah sure you are not)...not only Brazil beats Mexico but they would beat Belgium too and with Portugal is a much closer match but between those 2 the favorite is stil Brazil and I can see easily how they could get to the finals

On the other side I didnt know how easy Colombia has it.... Spain/Colombia is a close match, I still give the favorite to Spain but looking at this I wouldnt be surprise if Colombia makes it to the finals

Brazil/Spain to me is the final

If Croacia beats Spain....
while Spain is the overall favorite against Croatia....so far Croatia has been playing a lot better than Spain (Croatia and Portugal have been the most impressive teams so far, not being one of the "favorites") sorry but Spain hasnt shown anything close to how impressive Rakitic and Modric have been playing together

If Croatia beats Spain, and that wouldnt be so hard to believe...my wildcard pick is that Croatia makes it to the finals

Last edited:
Wife wouldn't let me drink during qualifying but now it's game on. Love summer and cold beers during fifa

Wife doesn't let you drink? What is she your mom or something?

I'm Portuguese so I hope that Portugal can finally do it...but really don't see it happen.
On the other side I hope Switzerland loses bad against Sweden...I'm sick and tired of hearing Albanians partying and car horn beeping all night long.

They've not really looked that great to me besides Ronaldo in the fist game though, don't think they can keep depending on goals against the run of play to save them.

I have a feeling the Brazilians are going to carry on improving, dark horse definitely Croatia with that draw and their form.

Last edited:
Honestly one reason I'm happy with England in an easier part of the draw isn't so much there own chances of winning but simply that I preffer to watch the big potentially more exciting sides as a neutral. Brazil vs Belgium for example I think could have the potential to be the game of the WC.

The ironic thing I spose dispite Fifa's constant hype of devolpment of the game in Africa and Asia is really that this world cup seems to be showing that its actually Europe that's getting stronger with the lines between the traditional big nations and those just behind blurring.

I do tend to think if you had world wide qualifying groups you'd probably only have a handful of teams outside of Europe and South America getting to the finals.

Last edited:
To me is between Belgium and Brazil, when individual talent, meets team work, both teams have great chances.

lol you must be high to believe Mexico is going to beat Brazil... you are probably mexican, thats all (yeah sure you are not)...not only Brazil beats Mexico but they would beat Belgium too and with Portugal is a much closer match but between those 2 the favorite is stil Brazil and I can see easily how they could get to the finals

On the other side I didnt know how easy Colombia has it.... Spain/Colombia is a close match, I still give the favorite to Spain but looking at this I wouldnt be surprise if Colombia makes it to the finals

Brazil/Spain to me is the final

This guy @Rawex may be high and Mexican but he loves his vodka. :p

If Croacia beats Spain....

while Spain is the overall favorite against Croatia....so far Croatia has been playing a lot better than Spain (Croatia and Portugal have been the most impressive teams so far, not being one of the "favorites") sorry but Spain hasnt shown anything close to how impressive Rakitic and Modric have been playing together

If Croatia beats Spain, and that wouldnt be so hard to believe...my wildcard pick is that Croatia makes it to the finals

Michael-What-the-office-10400786-400-226.gif

You and @Rawex share the Portugal delusion though. Portugal were severely outplayed by Morocco for the last 85 minutes, and Iran had the better of the play for much of their match. Uruguay was slightly less of a favorite then Portugal and they looked better(not great at all but better). England have looked better too and no one took them seriously as a favorite.

I agree with you on Croatia though. No surprise if they beat current form Spain.

To be fair vs Morocco they were defending a lead yet Uruguay to me don't seem like easy opponents as they basically play the same kind of game(solid defence looking to hit on the break) yet you could argue have more quality going forward rather than just Ronaldo.

I have to admit I like Neymar even with the petulance, then again I liked Maradona as well and indeed Cantona even as a Palace fan.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back