2018 World Cup - Mayberry Edition - France wins!

World Cup Finals - Who are you rooting for?

• Total voters
Holy shit, the stuff this Felipe Coutino does is pure art. :eek::eek::eek:

Fuck this world cup, we couldn't score an in play goal, and they give the only guy who could have like 30 mins out of 3 games.

The extra time given to Germany this afternoon though... Almost 10 minutes!

didnt read through the whole thread.. people liking the ref video replay reviews on calls?

Braaaazil! Let's get another wolrd cup! Go Brazil!
Damn, I am so sad ze germans got disclassified so early. I was hoping that Brazil would get the revenge. To bad, a Brazil Germany game would be great. Anyway, War Brazil.

How can anyone root for Brazil? The way they play is so shitty, I've never seen a team collectively hit the ground so often, such obvious dives. They are capable of playin beautifully but dang the flopping makes them impossible to cheer for if you aren't Brazilian

How can anyone root for Brazil? The way they play is so shitty, I've never seen a team collectively hit the ground so often, such obvious dives. They are capable of playin beautifully but dang the flopping makes them impossible to cheer for if you aren't Brazilian
Most of the south Europe and south american teams are like that.
It's the reason I can't watch la Liga at all.

Howver I still like watching Brasil.

Most of the south Europe and south american teams are like that.
It's the reason I can't watch la Liga at all.

Howver I still like watching Brasil.

Yeah it's readily apparent any time Spain, Portugal, Colombia, Uruguay, etc... take the field, they will flop lol.
Brazil is so talented and dynamic they can be beautiful, but the flopping can drive ya insane.
Neymar flops more than any other elite, top five player, which is saying something bc both Messi and Ronaldo are prone to taking dives.

Yeah it's readily apparent any time Spain, Portugal, Colombia, Uruguay, etc... take the field, they will flop lol.
Brazil is so talented and dynamic they can be beautiful, but the flopping can drive ya insane.
Neymar flops more than any other elite, top five player, which is saying something bc both Messi and Ronaldo are prone to taking dives.
That's probably true, however I've been a big fan of Neymar since I attended a friendly match between Brazil and Japan.
Brazil won 4-0 with Neymar scoring all 4! Such a quality player.

I also had the pleasure of watching Ronaldo play for Manchester United in 2008, which was his most exciting time as a player IMO. Rooney was the key player in that team though, for me.

That's probably true, however I've been a big fan of Neymar since I attended a friendly match between Brazil and Japan.
Brazil won 4-0 with Neymar scoring all 4! Such a quality player.

I also had the pleasure of watching Ronaldo play for Manchester United in 2008, which was his most exciting time as a player IMO. Rooney was the key player in that team though, for me.

You have a personal connection, it's easy to overlook those flaws if you're a fan.
As a Chelsea fan, I even attempted to defend Diego Costa at times and that dude is the biggest asshat in soccer.
CR7 was so fun and lively at Man U, he didn't take himself so seriously.

If you're a Brazil fan, don't sleep on Mexico man, they had been playing at a great pace before Sweden. Most people only know Chicarito but Lozano is a legit world class talent. If he were in Spain or Manchester instead of PSV, people would drool over him. He is only like 22 too. But him, guys like Guardado, Moreno, Salcedo are fuckin legit. They can smother defensively and their counters are great. They honestly should have beaten Germany by three or four goals.

You have a personal connection, it's easy to overlook those flaws if you're a fan.
As a Chelsea fan, I even attempted to defend Diego Costa at times and that dude is the biggest asshat in soccer.
CR7 was so fun and lively at Man U, he didn't take himself so seriously.

If you're a Brazil fan, don't sleep on Mexico man, they had been playing at a great pace before Sweden. Most people only know Chicarito but Lozano is a legit world class talent. If he were in Spain or Manchester instead of PSV, people would drool over him. He is only like 22 too. But him, guys like Guardado, Moreno, Salcedo are fuckin legit. They can smother defensively and their counters are great. They honestly should have beaten Germany by three or four goals.
Ive always enjoyed Brazil, original Ronaldo was my childhood hero man...I always tried to emulate him whenever I played even down to goal celebrations.:D

(This WC is really making me miss playing football!)

Agree about Mexico, would be nice to see them do well here too. They looked so good in the first 2 games but idk what happened last night...if they really took their foot off the pedal despite not being assured of a place in the last 16 then that's a worrying lack of discipline. For a "lesser" team to beat Brazil the strategy is to score early and shut up shop, and I don't think mexico can keep brazil out.

I am born and raised in England though so I have always and will always cheer for them. Fuck UK the country but I will root for the 3 lions till I die.

Rooting for Suarez to eat the other teams alive.

hqdefault.jpg

I cannot wait until this is over... so many people pretending to like soccer and yelling and shit even in my office. I'd wager that the majority of them wouldn't even be able to name more than 3 players on their "favourite team".

I'm actually glad Germany are gone, you don't deserve to squeeze through and potentially snooze your way to the final when you play like shit so for me, justice has been served.

Ive always enjoyed Brazil, original Ronaldo was my childhood hero man...I always tried to emulate him whenever I played even down to goal celebrations.:D

(This WC is really making me miss playing football!)

Agree about Mexico, would be nice to see them do well here too. They looked so good in the first 2 games but idk what happened last night...if they really took their foot off the pedal despite not being assured of a place in the last 16 then that's a worrying lack of discipline. For a "lesser" team to beat Brazil the strategy is to score early and shut up shop, and I don't think mexico can keep brazil out.

I am born and raised in England though so I have always and will always cheer for them. Fuck UK the country but I will root for the 3 lions till I die.

for some reason I've always disliked England. I dunno why, I just always root against them in every way lol. It's crazy bc Frank Lampard was a beast as a Blue and guys like Cahill have been regulars in the British XI for years but I just always root against them.

I used to always root for France (after the US, of course) because Thierry Henry is my favorite all time player but once he hung up his boots my interest in them has waned but FUCK they are awesome to watch if they're rolling. Such an insanely talented midfield with dynamo attackers. A team that starts Pogba, Mbappe, Griezman, Kante (so much fun), Dembele and Giroud is almost unfair. The defense isn't great but the offense is crazy good.

On Brazil, if Mexico can get an early lead they will for sure park the bus. They'll be extremely rough and physical and make Brazil take a beating if they wanna win and honestly, no offense intended, but I think Brazil isn't as tough as some teams and may fold if Mexico can get a lead, hold it for a long while and beat Brazil up. But if Brazil nets a goal ealry, Mexico may get desperate and lose by four goals.

Here are the results of the first poll, and I am adding a new one for the Round of 16.

wc 1.png

And here are the matchups for the next round:

bracket.png

Back