Number one fight you wish had a different outcome?

Mike

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
So I was re-watching the UFC 100 greatest fights boxset, and it got me thinking of how many close fights I wish ended differently, or fights where I really liked both guys so I hoped for a draw more than anything.

My pick would have to be Rampage vs Hendo. With all his accolades Hendo never got that ufc title. Getting the UFC LHW belt and unifying it with the pride belt would have been huge. My second choice is Nog vs Mir 2. One of the few fights where I was legit angry at the outcome. Got up and punched my chair in rage when he snapped Nogs arm out of nowhere. Was pissed off at Herb Dean for some time after that one.

What are yours?

Romero vs. Kennedy.

Had the ref called it correctly and called off the fight after Yoel couldn't answer the start of the round, we probably wouldn't have to suffer through thousands of useless Yoel threads that has infested shredog

Right now it's Frankie Ortega.

Eep. Ouch.

Ferguson vs the cable. Fucked up khabibs legacy very temporarily. Khabib will still go down as the best 55r ever but now he has doubters by casuals and hardcores alike. Stupid ordeal, but the Al fight left a lot to be desired as far as a marquee name to solidify his greatness.

Also hendrix vs gsp. Georges nut huggers know who won and it would have been nice to finally stamp him out of the GOAT talk. It's JBJ or Spider. No exceptions

4.gif

If only Fedor had finished him like DC did.
Ah well,

xMv1lEy.png

I would have to say Sonnen Jones. Imagine the state of affairs if the referee noticed the toe. Jones would have spiraled out of control soon after especially losing his title in that fashion. Total anarchy would reign.

Honorable mention:
Weidman misses Andy with that combo and gets matrixed into early obscurity. Andy never breaks leg. Hmmm....

Jones VS DC 2

Jones testing positive afterward would be the cherry on top of the sundea.

Jones/DC II

Jones loses via decision, then tests positive. And we don't have to hear about him for 4 years. His spectre over the LHW division would be gone.

I just wish Shogun threw ONE old-timey leg kick at Jones...

Last edited:
Jones/DC II

Jones loses via decision, then tests positive. And we don't have to hear about him for 4 years. His spectre over the LHW division would be gone.

I beat ya to it by one minute.

ALL of these fights are just as important to me. I'd have to close my eyes and pick.

Pele vs any of his losses
Bas vs any of his losses
Shogun vs any of his losses
Anderson vs any of his losses
Fedor vs any of his losses
Jones vs USADA I & II
Me vs the police I, II, III, IV

Last edited:
Back