Aldo vs Edgar 1 or Stipe vs DC - which match felt like more of a “Superfight”?

Dozer .

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A804EC3F-90D7-414A-9F51-E1AB8451CE0D.jpeg

VS

FD8871F9-12B6-4ACF-9711-CE8FE18CCBFC.jpeg

I gotta go with Aldo vs Edgar. Aldo was the dominant FW champ and the majority of fans viewed Edgar as the LW champ who got screwed over by the Bendo 2 decision.

It wasn’t too long ago that we witnessed DC getting stiffened by Jones.

I don’t think either felt like a superfight, whatever the definition of that is, but personally, I was more hyped for Aldo-Edgar I. Stipe-DC isn’t doing it for me.

Miocic-Cormier is one of those fights that will be more memorable once it goes down versus the build-up going into it...

People were probably more hyped for Aldo-Edgar fight because Aldo was the undisputed #1 Featherweight and Frankie was finally going down to a more natural weight class. Not to mention a lot of people thought he won the Benson Henderson rematch.

The one that involves real men not manlets, naturally, since neither fight had any drama we're just talking about pure fighting abilities, and in terms of pure fighting abilities DC and Miocic destroy Edgar and Aldo.

I was more excited to see Aldo fight, but I feel the weight of DC/Stipe more.

Miocic-Cormier is one of those fights that will be more memorable once it goes down versus the build-up going into it...
The only memorable fights with DC at HW were Bigfoot and Barnett with a broken wrist.

Considering how safe Stipe was against green Ngannou, it may very well end up an unmemorable fight.

Aldo vs Edger was exciting but was a hug let down.

Stipe vs DC doesnt have the same excitement but I hope we get a good scrap

GOAT FW against one of the worst LW former champs in history
vs.
Underwhelming HW champ vs one of the worst LW champs in history.

They're pretty even and both kinda underwhelming.

LMAO

aldo/edgar wasn't a superfight, edgar was coming off losses for fuck sakes.

I really wanted to see both. But most people don't even know who the guys are. I think to be a super fight people need to recognize the names

Stipe vs DC is a great fight, but not even a “Superfight”. This term superfight has been whored out to the point it has no meaning anymore.

Stipe/DC, I think it helps that it's for the heavyweight title

If I had to say one of them it would be stipe vs dc. Just.

Aldo vs Edgar was not a super fight.

DC vs Stipe easily. Both are actual current champs and being at HW there's a great chance for an epic KO. I was more excited for pre-USADA Showtime Pettis vs Aldo than Edgar vs Aldo.

Mismatch.

Aldo vs Edgar was by no means a super fight.

Stipe is the most dominant HW champ ever. DC is a dominant LHW champion who never lost at HW and whose only loss at LHW has a big ass asterisk with a needle sticking out.

Edgar had lost some of his appeal for me at least seeing as how he was on a skid, and it seemed like he was dropping to fw to try and re-capture the success he once had at LW. Stipe is on a tear in the hw division, and coming off a big win against a man many thought would obliterate him. DC has never lost a fight at HW, and his only loss is to the most dominate fighter ever. I don't really think of either fight as a "superfight", but I'm personally more stoked for Stipe/DC

Back