Crime What did the cops do wrong today. Vol. 1

It was a shitty car. Shitty cars always have weed in them, so that probably wouldn't have been an unsafe bet. And why was the daughter tucked away in the back seat?

Cop was probably right. His daughter is most likely stupid and her boyfriend a piece of shit.

That's what a union does. It's an agent of the members, like a defense attorney. They defend them whether it's the "right thing to do" or not.

That's not true. It's not some sort of legal requirement. Union members (at least in private sector unions) have to vote in majority agreement in order to enter arbitration on behalf of any individual member. I've seen the vote go against a terminated union member more than once.

Is this true? When teachers gets fired for fucking students, I've never once heard of a teachers' union appealing the firing.

There's a pretty big gap between overstepping and committing statutory rape.

Is this true? When teachers gets fired for fucking students, I've never once heard of a teachers' union appealing the firing.

Most teachers aren't in unions. Police unions are a lot stronger.

Where is @Seano to tell us that this cop obviously prevented a robbery cuz black dudes drive cars on their way to commit crimes.

If I were a cop and had my daughter dating some dude I might be tempted to do the same thing just to send a message to the creep. I'd smash his taillight and explain to him that if he harms my daughter it won't just be the taillight I'll smash. It will be his skull.

I'm glad he was fired (though I'm confused as to what the Police Union is appealing).

My question is: What was he going to do with the kid before he realized his daughter was also in the car?

Was he going to impound the car then take the kid to jail? He said he would make up some charges on the way there. What kind? They would have to be serious enough to take someone to jail over, not just a broken tail light or speeding or something.

Can any of the cops here provide some insight? Is there an easy charge one can pin on people or am I right to think that he would have had to dome some sinister manipulation (fake bruises, planted drugs/weapons, etc) to justify taking the kid to jail? This kid could have had a criminal record for no reason because of this lunatic, which leads me again to wonder what the Police Union could possibly be appealing.

Edit: Tbf, the daughter is disrespectful (not suicidal, lol) but that's not surprising because she was raised by a piece of shit.

He wouldn't have taken him to "jail" per se - just down to the station to be booked - the kid would've likely spent a couple hours there at most, while the cop tried to scare him.

Cops always hang this "I'm taking you to jail" shit over people's heads - but actual county jails are so overcrowded that what they really mean is "you're taking a ride with me to go do some paperwork and then you can leave". Still inconvenient, and ya, you may have to sit in a holding cell with some drunks for a few hours, but it's not jail proper. Cop was most likely just trying to scare him, and then would've let him go without any charges.

Anyways, cops are taught and encouraged to lie - this should be no surprise to anyone.

He said he would make up some charges on the way there. What kind?

Assulting his daughter with deadly weapon.
Eggplant_Emoji_grande.png

He wouldn't have taken him to "jail" per se - just down to the station to be booked - the kid would've likely spent a couple hours there at most, while the cop tried to scare him.

Cops always hang this "I'm taking you to jail" shit over people's heads - but actual county jails are so overcrowded that what they really mean is "you're taking a ride with me to go do some paperwork and then you can leave". Still inconvenient, and ya, you may have to sit in a holding cell with some drunks for a few hours, but it's not jail proper. Cop was most likely just trying to scare him, and then would've let him go without any charges.

Anyways, cops are taught and encouraged to lie - this should be no surprise to anyone.
So I guess we are just supposed to accept that? Part and parcel? Comply or die?

Most teachers aren't in unions. Police unions are a lot stronger.

If their job is to advocate for their members under all circumstances, why would the strength of the union matter for making an appeal?

Edit: Also, I just looked it up and about 50% of teachers are in unions...

Thanks for the info. But booked for what? And does booking just mean the kid's info is entered into their system?

I'm sure he'd find some mental gymnastics to defend this. That's usually what he does in threads like this
Idk, I've been accused of same, and even had someone speculate there must be a cop in my family; nobody could ever support law enforcement agencies without special conditions to "excuse" it.

Did you watch the video? This is pretty far beyond "overstepping".
Not really. The guy seems to have blurred the line between parent and cop, but that's based on like 10 seconds of video without the actual pullover and very little information. It's not like the cop beat the guy up or smashed up his car or something.

Not really. The guy seems to have blurred the line between parent and cop, but that's based on like 10 seconds of video without the actual pullover and very little information. It's not like the cop beat the guy up or smashed up his car or something.
I'm inclined to think he was flat out power tripping and possibly should be canned. Remains to be seen although these threads often lack follow up.

Back