***** 2018 NBA Offseason Thread v3: Biggest signing in League history

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this thread about my Grizzlies signing Kyle Canderson? I agree, it's big...but biggest?

Laughed so hard at that signing.

Spurs were like “the Grizzlies offered him how much? 4 years and 37 mil?”

{<jordan}

“Yea, were not matching that, let Kyle know.”

Starting to think all the 90s basketball advocates only like it because it resembles the shit tier sort of basketball they play at the local park.

Starting to think all the 90s basketball advocates only like it because it resembles the shit tier sort of basketball they play at the local park.
No we like it because we grew up watching it. Is it superior? Not really, just a different era.

Laughed so hard at that signing.

Spurs were like “the Grizzlies offered him how much? 4 years and 37 mil?”

{<jordan}

“Yea, were not matching that, let Kyle know.”

I like Canderson. I wouldn't have paid him that much, he sure aint great by any means lol I wouldn't even put him in the really good category. I like his game and watching him play, but he's like...a starting role player. Of course, with Chris Wallace at the helm, i'm honestly shocked they didn't pay him more.

No we like it because we grew up watching it. Is it superior? Not really, just a different era.

You’re hardly the worst offender of this line of thinking Palis, if it were merely a matter of preference it wouldn’t be as bothersome.

But there’s a bunch of hacks that do swear up and down it is superior, and that’s what is ridiculous.

The ironic thing is then they like to say “oh you must not have actually watched basketball in the 80s or 90s” which is funny because if you actually went back and watched the damn games you’d see how much your highlight driven nostalgia has clouded your memory.

I like Canderson. I wouldn't have paid him that much, he sure aint great by any means lol I wouldn't even put him in the really good category. I like his game and watching him play, but he's like...a starting role player. Of course, with Chris Wallace at the helm, i'm honestly shocked they didn't pay him more.

It’s more that even in the face of the Spurs surely losing Kawhi, they took one look at that offer, and didn’t hesitate for a moment before saying they wouldn’t match. That’s what is funny about it.

Spuds don't overpay players. Anderson is a solid defense and rebounding guy, but for 9+ million a year he's easily replaceable.

It’s more that even in the face of the Spurs surely losing Kawhi, they took one look at that offer, and didn’t hesitate for a moment before saying they wouldn’t match. That’s what is funny about it.

Well, technically they waited up until right before the deadline to tell him they weren't matching, but I doubt there was much debate about it. Wallace is trying so hard to bring back grin n' grind, that he'll pay anybody any amount of money who may be that kind of player. Like I said, I like the guy but I wouldn't have paid that much for him.

Lol @ the Rockets next year if they replace Ariza and Luc with Melo. Gonna give up 130 points a game.

i'd rather have Kyle Anderson than Lonzo Ball, if I had to take a recent UCLA PG

just saying

i'd rather have Kyle Anderson than Lonzo Ball, if I had to take a recent UCLA PG

just saying

Depends on the style of pg you like. Lonzo's got the better stats, but he's also their facilitator.

Starting to think all the retards only like CuminHair posts because they resemble the shit tier sort of interaction they get at the asylum.

Just kidding, not even retarded people like CiH posts.

Depends on the style of pg you like. Lonzo's got the better stats, but he's also their facilitator.
certainly not shooting, and he clearly has more leeway from the coaching staff

Anderson is exponentially better at Defense, he'd slide in to say Shaun Livingston's role in GSW perfectly (perhaps even better than Livingston)

Starting to think all the retards only like CuminHair posts because they resemble the shit tier sort of interaction they get at the asylum.

Just kidding, not even retarded people like CiH posts.

You’re on an island here Mr Zero

If KD didnt join Steph would have two fmvps to do with his rings. Barnes would also have been an all star

GSW would have fallen to KD/RaulGeorges/Brick/Adams/Robes.
No doubt in my mind.

You’re on an island here Mr Zero

An Island implies being bound to something, like a team or some self hespect. Which team are you cheering for today, did you swap back from Lakers to GSW after they picked up the Booger or are you on the LeWagon?

certainly not shooting, and he clearly has more leeway from the coaching staff

Anderson is exponentially better at Defense, he'd slide in to say Shaun Livingston's role in GSW perfectly (perhaps even better than Livingston)

No he wouldn’t lol, he’s slow and plodding... not like Livingston. He’s not getting out on the break and finishing with dunks.

He’s also another shit tier free throw shooter.

He’d make a fine warriors rotation piece but more as an interior player and passer. Not a perimeter guy like Livingston.

No he wouldn’t lol, he’s slow and plodding... not like Livingston. He’s not getting out on the break and finishing with dunks.

He’s also another shit tier free throw shooter.

He’d make a fine warriors rotation piece but more as an interior player and passer. Not a perimeter guy like Livingston.
He can play swing man somewhat effectively (I know KD embarrassed him a few times, but he's usually better than that defensively, even on the perimeter). But yeah, he's not a PG in the NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back