‘Unmasking Antifa Act' includes 15-year prison term proposal

Whats with Americans and their draconian prison laws? 6 months would more than serve that purpose.

On both sides authoritarianism is runnin wild like hulkamania brother

Didn't know there was so much support for domestic terrorism on this board.

f9e.gif

Music to WarRoom by.

https%3A%2F%2Fmedia2.s-nbcnews.com%2Fj%2Fnewscms%2F2017_33%2F2120851%2F170815-charlottesville-protest-se-1258p_9af72f9f4a7e77875b3de0d5de556c33.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg
http%3A%2F%2Fs.newsweek.com%2Fsites%2Fwww.newsweek.com%2Ffiles%2Fstyles%2Fembed-lg%2Fpublic%2F2017%2F08%2F15%2Frts1bims.jpg
im ok with it, as long as it applies equally to these fine upstanding citizens
https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.vox-cdn.com%2Fthumbor%2FzYEjcvOitVO2piaBbLd_ma6XPFs%3D%2F0x10%3A3000x1698%2F1600x900%2Fcdn.vox-cdn.com%2Fuploads%2Fchorus_image%2Fimage%2F56165073%2FGettyImages_830755836.0.jpg

they wont last but the laws will

And to a hammer everything is a nail

But you cant think long term because antifa has you rustled

Slowly but surely the police state marches on
I'm not too worried about it. Antifa isn't a flash in the pan, so who are you to say "they won't last"? They assault people and destroy property as a mean of achieving a political goal, they are terrorists.
At any rate, I've made my position clear.
Funny, I don't see anybody crying about unmasking laws being applied to the KKK. Why is it now all of a sudden, "overreach"?

So you have a problem with the law that goes after the KKK?

<{walkerwhut}>

You do know that the actual name of the law as actually written in the law (not some name given by the press) is the "Unmasking Antifa Act of 2018." Again, this is the official name. Does that not seem to be a somewhat targeted law?

Also, here is a link to the actual law in case you got lazy and commented on a law without actually reading what the law is. I'll direct you to Section 1.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/6054/text

You do know that the actual name of the law as actually written in the law (not some name given by the press) is the "Unmasking Antifa Law of 2018." Again, this is the official name. Does that not seem to be a somewhat targeted law?
They did the same thing to the KKK in the mid-20th century.

Antifas and black blocs are weirdos. Even left wingers here in Brazil despise them. One actually killed a cameraman with a firework. When requested to go to the police station , they got caught on camera threatening people and another cameraman acted accordingly.

They hide behind their masks, but after Brazil banned thr use of masks in protests they basically dissappeared

They did the same thing to the KKK in the mid-20th century.

Yep and settlers impersonating Indians in the 1800's. And nobody would argue that those laws weren't targeted except the bozo in the forum playing like this is a KKK law.

Antifas and black blocs are weirdos. Even left wingers here in Brazil despise them. One actually killed a cameraman with a firework. When requested to go to the police station , they got caught on camera threatening people and another cameraman acted accordingly.

They hide behind their masks, but after Brazil banned thr use of masks in protests they basically dissappeared

Or maybe when they started getting clocked in the head by big ass cameras...

Yep and settlers impersonating Indians in the 1800's. And nobody would argue that those laws weren't targeted except the bozo in the forum playing like this is a KKK law.
Who is doing that? I'm saying there is a precedent for this and I find it amusing that nobody cares that it has been applied to the klan, but now it's a problem. If they throw terrorist scum in a ditch with nothing but a single bucket to eat, drink piss and shit from, forgive me for not crying myself to sleep over it.

Er, what? Legislation similar to this has been previously aimed at the Klan. I know several southern states, including Georgia, have threatened to use state anti-Klan laws to arrest violent Antifa protesters.

it isn't in every state and antifa isn't an organized group. It is just people that are against facism - antifa = anti-facism. It is just a made up construct. You would have a hard time finding an antifa whatever if you tried. It is just a label for people that get in the face and protest hate groups during public demonstrations. Get back to me on who is worse when "antifa" starts lynching people or tying people to a bumper and dragging them through the countryside.

Its just like i said we already have charges for all of the things they get up to and this is just a tool for trumped up charges for political reasons

becoming more and more common, unfortunately

1488663987895-IMG_4417.jpeg

Who is doing that? I'm saying there is a precedent for this and I find it amusing that nobody cares that it has been applied to the klan, but now it's a problem. If they throw terrorist scum in a ditch with nothing but a single bucket to eat, drink piss and shit from, forgive me for not crying myself to sleep over it.

HTTR21 post #155 is the guy I was referring to.

Because it's not about the assault, bruh

It's about using the "law" to punish people you hate (Those people being distinguished by their clothing).
When will the clothesism in this country stop?

Donald-Trump-Chuck-Schumer-Immigration-Ban.jpg

People should be allowed to dress like ninjas and cave in people's skulls with bike locks when they aren't looking because Trump hurt my feelings.

By my reading of the law, much of Antifa's activities are already illegal and punishable by lengthy prison sentences and / or death. Consider, for example, 18 U.S.C. § 241:

If two or more persons go in disguise on the highway, or on the premises of another, with intent to prevent or hinder his free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege so secured [by the Constitution] –

They shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, they shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death.

(Emphases added.) Antifa members' wearing of masks IMO clearly constitutes being "in disguise" because the masks are meant to shield their identities. Antifa assemblies upon public thoroughfares are of course "on the highway."

But the most important thing is Antifa's actions are clearly designed to chill the exercise of free speech. They show up in organized battalions, wielding deadly weapons, and attempt to intimidate, harm, and kill Conservative speakers in retribution for their "free exercise or enjoyment of . . . right or privilege so secured" under the First Amendment. The fact that any one of these Antifas wields a deadly weapon is sufficient to charge the whole group under § 241 pursuant to a conspiracy. So far as Antifa has made its object to "smash hate" (i.e. chill protected speech), their very purpose is unlawful.

But yeah, I do support further efforts to criminalize Antifa – a known anti-American terrorist organization which seeks to suppress my speech by violent means. Throw the book at 'em!

When will the clothesism in this country stop?

Donald-Trump-Chuck-Schumer-Immigration-Ban.jpg

People should be allowed to dress like ninjas and cave in people's skulls with bike locks when they aren't looking because Trump hurt my feelings.
<mma4>

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back