The Official Fifa World Cup thread v19: England v Belgium and France v Croatia FINAL EDITION

Who wins the 3rd place trofee?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel-Bryan-Angry-Eye-Roll.gif

It's literally insane to say Modric was the best player with all of the quality in this tourney. Hazard, Pogba, Kante, Mbappe, Griezmann, Curtois, Rakitic, Mandzukic, Perisic, so many players that did more, played harder, were more influential, but some meme of Modric being the best player because he had a good second half against Argentina (every Croatian player did) drives me mad.

Neither will his cheating.
What cheating?

He was clearly fouled before the free kick.

Watch the different angles on the play, not just a still screenshot from Twittwe and reddit.

We can make a meal about converting PKs, but fact is they’re statistically not hard to make.
Sure, converting a PK in the biggest game of your career in front of thousands of fans in the stadium and billions of people watching on TV is statistically not hard.

Why did Modrić not concert that PK against Denmark if they are statiscally not hard?

And when we turn to a corner that accidentally deflected off Perisic’s arm as proof of great contribution, we’re stretching things.
That corner kick was pretty close to getting converted and sure, my stretch is just as much as you descrediting his performances.

Love you Doc, but come on.

It's literally insane to say Modric was the best player with all of the quality in this tourney. Hazard, Pogba, Kante, Mbappe, Griezmann, Curtois, Rakitic, Mandzukic, Perisic, so many players that did more, played harder, were more influential, but some meme of Modric being the best player because he had a good second half against Argentina (every Croatian player did) drives me mad.

Like when Messi won it in 2014!

Obviously you have to play for Real or Barca to win a FIFA award, so it really narrows the options down.

Messi got it last time and people disputed that.
He did that with 4 goals, massive assist, literally being the entire midfield of his team, losing in extra time in a final where he set up Higuain with sitter after sitter.
Modric scored two goals, missed a pen, tapped Rakitic an assist in a dead game against Argentina, and then has literally just stood around and passed the ball the Brozovic for 4 straight games. It's not the same. I think Messi getting it was dodgy at the time but in retrospect his performance stands out and would have gone down as the all time great performance had Cumswallow Missguain converted at least one of those goals.

This is just a piss take that social media has taken on.

Messi got it last time and people disputed it.
Yes because he didn't deserve it.

Didnt score a fucking goal all the way to the final and including it.

Edit meant in knockout stages not whole tournament.

Modric getting it over Mbappe.
One disappeared when he was needed and missed a crucial PK against Denmark.

The other outran Otamendi and Marcos Rojo put together some cute dribbled even though he was dispossed almost always... OOOOF GOAT INCOMING!

Seriously, I liked Mbappé, but he wasn't even the best French player.

Mbappe had only scored the goal in the final and not outran Otamendi and Marcos Rojo, no one would be talking about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back