Does Musk Have Even Thinner Skin And Bigger Ego Than POTUS?!

Well to be fair that guy told musk to shove it up his ass basically, why do that when musk was just trying to offer help at the request of people who asked him to help?

The diver was there, on the ground, and a literal part of the rescue operation. The sub Musk was proposing was non-functional given the nature of the cave system. That's the basis on which the diver accused Musk of perpetuating a PR stunt.

I get that but the true gearhead car nuts out there I think still will gravitate to cars like that Porsche and McLaren that have the recycle power systems of F1 cars in them.

"This does 94..."
"Remind me, Porsche is owned by....."
"That would be Volkswagen"

For sure. The world of high-end electric cars is pretty geeky. Not sure we could even call them gear heads because tesla's don't have any gears.

The guy involved seemed instrumental in the rescue at all phases, from initially pin-pointing them to supplying the details of those who could help and persuading them to change strategies. I imagine after a stressful month working on the rescue his tolerance for shameless self-promoting demagogues was a wee bit low.

A high proportion of the people defending Musk seems to have two false axioms, Tony Stark and Iron-man aren't movies but reality and Musk is a great once in a generation technical engineer. Neither are true.

All charging station are Tesla compatible. There are two different small adaptors (they just change the prong orientation) that you have to use at non Tesla stations. They come with the car. Each is about the size of a pack of cigarettes. Also, Tesla's are fully compatible with all RV parks, they can charge about 30 mile each hour. It its also the same plug as an oven or dryer plug so you could plug into those in a pinch.

Here in Atlanta most shopping malls, many business, most mixed-use developments have them as do many other places. I have a little over 25 public charging stations within a 3 mile radius of my house. I down that Atlanta is a major anomaly.

I will be honest... I personally love the idea of an electric car. The idea of silently rolling around on the streets, but with good power and acceleration, is extremely compelling to me.

Except I could drive either a Porsche or a minivan from Cali to Florida.

But if you're saying the Tesla is really just a boutique vehicle that imparts status on the owner, and not a legitimate response to environmentally damaging carbon emmissions, I am with you.

For long trips, a gas car is better. For some city driving the electric can be easier. I can't speak to carbon emissions everywhere, it depends on the power companies mix of renewable vs fossil energy. I think it imparts status the same way that at tricked out jeep or truck does or the same way that a BMW 7 series, a Corvette, or a Harley does.

I will be honest... I personally love the idea of an electric car. The idea of silently rolling around on the streets, but with good power and acceleration, is extremely compelling to me.

The goddamn color though.

I live on a busy street and wish everybody drove them. That said, the one thing you learn with an electric car is how much of the car noise come from wind and tires.

I live on a busy street and wish everybody drove them. That said, the one thing you learn with an electric car is how much of the car noise come from wind and tires.

I got to ride with an Amish family in a horse-drawn buggy a few times. (You see them as you drive by in your car and imagine how quiet and peaceful they must be for the occupants.) Yet it was so loud inside that buggy between the horses clops and the squeaking that you had to shout to have a conversation. lol

Another thing this shows is how toxic Twitter is. Not defending Musk but it is hard to not talk shit on there with all the people blasting you. I closed my account because it was getting me too riled up. Musk should do the same. He actually said he would before. He has poor impulse control. Twitter is worse than Facebook for toxicity.

You can obviously see in this in MMA too. Fighters make fools of themselves. We eat it up though.

Another thing this shows is how toxic Twitter is. Not defending Musk but it is hard to not talk shit on there with all the people blasting you. I closed my account because it was getting me too riled up. Musk should do the same. He actually said he would before. He has poor impulse control. Twitter is worse than Facebook for toxicity.

You can obviously see in this in MMA too. Fighters make fools of themselves. We eat it up though.

Anybody with any notoriety needs to have a trusted person who reviews their tweets before they get posted. Period. I wonder of titter has a double approval feature. If not, they should, and they could charge a monthly fee for it.

The diver was there, on the ground, and a literal part of the rescue operation. The sub Musk was proposing was non-functional given the nature of the cave system. That's the basis on which the diver accused Musk of perpetuating a PR stunt.
thanks for the info

But I cant stop laughing, first this guy told Elon to shove it where the sun dont shine and then Elon got mad told him he was a pedo and he would bet a signed dollar hahaaha its making me laugh hard

Anybody with any notoriety needs to have a trusted person who reviews their tweets before they get posted. Period. I wonder of titter has a double approval feature. If not, they should, and they could charge a monthly fee for it.

Facebook or somebody was testing something like this. Like, you would type a message and it will say, "are you sure you wanna do this? why not come back again in 5 minutes?" you can dismiss it immediately and still post though. I looked it up because I was wondering if there was a way to unsend FB messages. FB had a link on this and I clicked on it. It gave me counseling on impulse control and shit. lol. I do think the unsend feature is being added though or has already.

But yeah, I agree with your point. Like Warren Buffett said, it can take a lifetime to build a reputation and 5 minutes to destroy it. Buffett is very big on that. He said if an employee loses him money he will be understanding, but if you hurt the reputation of his company he will be ruthless.

What percentage of US cities have at least one Tesla-compatible EC charging station? I am genuinely curious.
I really dont know, however most folks dont need a charging station for their commuter (charge at home after work). Most folks dont need to commute more than 90 minutes in one direction, and the tesla can satisfy that need.

Bullshit. It ranks dead last in AI.

How do you think Teslas are charged? By fairies? The power grid. Which is often coal. Tons of countries use a ton of coal. The US. China. Germany. Australia. It is actually better in some states and countries to buy a gas engine because the Tesla will be charged with coal. Stop talking about things you know nothing about. Typical Tesla supporter.

The same argument applies worldwide. Driving an electric car in China, where coal is by far the largest power plant fuel, is a catastrophe for climate change. And if the coal plant lacks pollution controls—or fails to turn them on—it can amplify the extent of smog, acid rain, lung-damaging microscopic soot and other ills that arise from burning fossil fuels. The same is true in other major coal-burning countries, such as Australia, India and South Africa.

In coal-fired Colorado, a gasoline car with fuel economy better than 35 miles per gallon will be better for emissions than the average electric car, according to calculations from the Union of Concerned Scientists

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...18f8e87a2fc_story.html?utm_term=.790af03743dc

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/dec/08/electric-car-emissions-climate-change

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/electric-cars-are-not-necessarily-clean/
you are reading way too far into my post. I simply said that you'de no longer be tied to gasoline.

I'm not going to discuss the merits of electric vs gas, I simply dont like going to the gas station. It's super convenient to go home and charge up, been driving a combination of full electric and now plug-in hybrid for the last 5 years, not having to go to the gas station is a major perk.

Facebook or somebody was testing something like this. Like, you would type a message and it will say, "are you sure you wanna do this? why not come back again in 5 minutes?" you can dismiss it immediately and still post though. I looked it up because I was wondering if there was a way to unsend FB messages. FB had a link on this and I clicked on it. It gave me counseling on impulse control and shit. lol. I do think the unsend feature is being added though or has already.

But yeah, I agree with your point. Like Warren Buffett said, it can take a lifetime to build a reputation and 5 minutes to destroy it. Buffett is very big on that. He said if an employee loses him money he will be understanding, but if you hurt the reputation of his company he will be ruthless.

I personally have a rule that I don't send "tough" emails the same day I write them unless I have somebody who will be brutally honest (read: my wife) read them first. I end up editing almost every one of them.

you are reading way too far into my post. I simply said that you'de no longer be tied to gasoline.

I'm not going to discuss the merits of electric vs gas, I simply dont like going to the gas station. It's super convenient to go home and charge up, been driving a combination of full electric and now plug-in hybrid for the last 5 years, not having to go to the gas station is a major perk.

I think that is the thing my wife is most looking forward to. I, on the other hand, really like picking up my cup of coffee and Jalapeño Cheddar Cheetos so I'd be going to the gas station anyways.

not cool. but still a fan of elon and what he is doing.

did you know that some electric vehicles produce a fake noise? This is for other people to take notice of them and be aware of their surroundings...... otherwise, they'de be even more quiet!

rolling up to a stop light without any engine noise is a great feeling. It means that your nickels and pennies arent slowly dripping away, only your life span.

To be fair the guy he called a "pedo" is a old white expat that lives in Thailand... which is strong evidence.

Musk probably shouldn't have said it, but I do see why someone would get VERY angry at someone that accuses him of trying to profit off of the peril of children.

Back