Can the 96 Bulls beat 19 Warriors in a 7-game series?

I'd love to see it, purely because Rodman wouldn't put up with Draymond's shit. It would be fun to see The Worm whoop his ass.

Can the 96 Bulls beat 19 Warriors in a 7-game series?

Warriors when healthy would sweep Jordan and his boys imo.

I think I'd have to go with the Bulls. Having the pleasure of getting to watch that team...I still think they were the best to ever play. Best player of all time, great defense, and really turned it on in the playoffs when it counted.

96 Bulls would stump any and all oppositions in 4-7 games... it'll take 7 against prime Golden State team. IMO.

Kukoc shot 40% from 3 and Pippen averaged 37% in 96, Kerr? 51%.

Give them a year or two to train in the modern game (aka just pnr and 3 point spam) and they can sling guns with the Warrios. GSW isn't unstoppable, they almost got beat by canpee3 and Harddonk ffs.

Why isn't there a team that plays like this?

too much movement in todays game... Break aways are faster and more decisive and guys have a harder/faster drive. Ball movement for shots is fine though.

too much movement in todays game... Break aways are faster and more decisive and guys have a harder/faster drive. Ball movement for shots is fine though.
Movement without the ball is what that style of play effective IMO. Outside of the Warriors, it's almost a lost art. Other contender teams this season, eg Cavs, Rockets, relied on one guy with the ball at the top of the key, and four guys standing on the perimeter waiting for him to either penetrate or shoot.

Movement without the ball is what that style of play effective IMO. Outside of the Warriors, it's almost a lost art. Other contender teams this season, eg Cavs, Rockets, relied on one guy with the ball at the top of the key, and four guys standing on the perimeter waiting for him to either penetrate or shoot.

Playing off the ball helps for sure.

Statistically the warriors don't pass the most. They are more efficient though

I would take the Bulls, tougher team, Warriors were on the brink of losing if not for Chris Paul getting injured and the Rockets forgetting how to shoot and they have never faced a team like the 96 Bulls, Jordan and Pippen would give whom ever they guard fits and nobody would be able to contain Jordan.

No, and it's not even close. They probably can't beat ANY finals team in the past decade.

No, and it's not even close. They probably can't beat ANY finals team in the past decade.

I'm a Dirk fan, but do you honestly think the '96 Bulls wouldn't beat '11 Mavs?

You can estimate IQ and age by responses to this thread. Picking bulls = older and/or smarter.

Durant would get his because he's just to damn good offensively with that height and wingspan regardless of who guards him. Who would guard him? Pippen, Rodman, Harper? I dunno. But then it gets really difficult for the Warriors....Jordan on Curry....he'd drop 40 a game and shut Curry down most nights.
Pippen on Thompson...Odviosly Clay is a MUCH better shooter, but Pippen can score too and would shut him down.
Draymond on Rodman...Draymond is much better offensively but defense/rebounding the Worm has him beat. Plus Denis would drive that whole team nuts...
Warriors have horrible bigmen so as lackluster has Longley and Wennington are they still win that matchup. Both those guys had semi decent mid range shots. Plus Warriors are horrible rebounding team.

Iguodala, Kerr, and Kukoc are all factored in too.
I think in 96 Bulls win in 5 maybe 6 games.
This era, if they play 10 series Bulls still adapt and win 6 outa 10.

Yeah, the Warrios have shit big men because the game evolved. Big men have shit value these days, and that is the reason the Warriors could pick up Boogie for nothing.

These teams play different games.

3 > 2

Yeah, the Warrios have shit big men because the game evolved. Big men have shit value these days, and that is the reason the Warriors could pick up Boogie for nothing.

These teams play different games.

3 > 2

3>2 is a product of rule changes, and a different culture, generally speaking, in the NBA. It's not as if no one figured out how to shoot trays by the 90's; it was simply just a less efficient way to score.

Even still, team ball > iso ball. The Warriors, who have good ball movement, movement without the ball, and chemistry, are the exception in today's league.

Back