Brendan Schaub "The 1 Time Jon Jones Was Clean He Looked Like Sh*t - He Looked Average"

why he no say this on joe rogan podcast
On his own podcast: "the one time he was clean he looked like shit"

On Rogan's podcast: "if everyone was on steroids the results would be exactly the same"

They harped on about that point, and then went on to mention that some people's bodies have better reaction to steroids than others (e.g. Vitor).

These fucking potheads contradict themselves every time they talk.

Is he talking about the OSP fight where Jones was the most ripped he'd ever been?

Yet he won 50-45 and broke the guys arm. Yup, that's average.

One judge had it 50-44 Jones. Landed nearly twice as many strikes on the same number of attempts at 66% accuracy compared to OSP's 36%. But because Jones didn't go all matrix on OSP, which he hasn't done to anybody in years, he wasn't on anything THAT night.

He looked better against OSP then he did in the first Cormier fight imo
His technique was much sharper

Salty DC sitting on commentary for the fight has sold people a false narrative.
"what hurts me Joe is if I was fighting right now I know I'd beat jones"

Like stfu dude it was the biggest fight of your career and you still got injured.

I really don't understand why people keep posting threads about what Brandon Schaub is saying. Like, is this considered newsworthy now? Schaub is legit retarded, why is anyone taking anything seriously.

I am very confused by all of this. Can someone explain what is happening because this situation does not compute

Just watched this fight today. Something interesting was a corner cam for jones corner, they kept telling Jon "hey hey! You are doing good! You need to tell yourself that!" Something to that effect and man compare his body from this fight (looks like normal 28 yr old vs second DC fight (looks like a superhero) not to mention mentally the whole fight Jones is not even paying attention wholeheartedly his mind is somewhere, probably worried he doesn't have the pop or the endurance he once had anymore and is worrying about competing like this in the future.

I hate Jones just as much as the next guy. That said, There is something that doesnt sit right with me. Jones was supposed to fight DC, but DC had to pull out due to injury. So was Jones planning to fight DC clean? This was a few years ago, so my memory is foggy on this. Someone (not some bias JJ Fanboy) Clear this up for me please.

Average LHWs decision OSP

Elites finish him.....Bones couldn't and like you said he even broke his arm lmao

We saw Bones clean 3 times....

OSP, Bonnar and Gusmao......2 performances pre PED, 2 mediocre performances (outboxed by Bonner and lost a round lmao), all of a sudden starts wrecking guys like Vera and Janitor right after. Then one right back from his layoff VS OSP when he was hesitant to juice and thought he would still be gureat.....

I agree. Totally different Jones without the "performance enhancing" drugs. Imagine that.

Beating a top 10 (maybe top 5 at the time?) guy 5-0, without looking like he's in danger, having OSP on the backfoot nearly the whole fight and coming of long layoff means he looked like shit?

That either speaks to the standard of fighter Jones is or the calibre of his opponents, I think its the latter and I also think Schaub is suffering from CTE, cause he dumb as fuck. He is MMA's Skip Bayless, everything for the headlines even though it goes against his own opinions, he knows he's bullshitting.
Dude, texeira crushed him just two fights prior to the jones fight and manuwa destroyed him in the next fight after.latifi strangled the shit out of him too. He’s very beatable.

It was still a solid win regardless but nothing too special

i get why jones cant kick the steroids . once i started using speed at work i found it hard to go back. I was like lance armstrong out there

Well...

That avarage jon jones would get up from his couch and beat anyone not named daniel and gus without much effort.
Do you see him losing to any of the names below, even if he fought like he did in the OSP fight?

2 Volkan Oezdemir
3 Glover Teixeira
4 Ilir Latifi
5 Jan Blachowicz
6 Jimi Manuwa
7 Ovince Saint Preux
8 Mauricio Rua
9 Corey Anderson
10 Misha Cirkunov

Seriously.... The worst jon jones possible is still better than 99% of the fighters in the planet
he still hasnt finished anyone who is similar in frame size as himself. so I doubt it.

Beating a top 10 (maybe top 5 at the time?) guy 5-0, without looking like he's in danger, having OSP on the backfoot nearly the whole fight and coming of long layoff means he looked like shit?

That either speaks to the standard of fighter Jones is or the calibre of his opponents, I think its the latter and I also think Schaub is suffering from CTE, cause he dumb as fuck. He is MMA's Skip Bayless, everything for the headlines even though it goes against his own opinions, he knows he's bullshitting.
Re-writing history

He looked lesser off of drugs- that is the point he was making. The rest of these points that Jones huggers are making are actually beside the point. He is not the dominant fighter that he is on drugs when he is off them. It's not a hard concept.

Well...

That avarage jon jones would get up from his couch and beat anyone not named daniel and gus without much effort.
Do you see him losing to any of the names below, even if he fought like he did in the OSP fight?

2 Volkan Oezdemir
3 Glover Teixeira
4 Ilir Latifi
5 Jan Blachowicz
6 Jimi Manuwa
7 Ovince Saint Preux
8 Mauricio Rua
9 Corey Anderson
10 Misha Cirkunov

Seriously.... The worst jon jones possible is still better than 99% of the fighters in the planet
Weak competition right now. Comier or Gus would beat him if he didn't get his horsemeat.

Hes right though. Jones didnt look like the same fighter

Wait what...?

Didn’t he just say on jre that if you took all steroids from jon jones he’d still be "the jon jones" of that division or greatest or something like that.

Doesn’t make sense.

Back