over under twist

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

iv seen randy and dan use this dan uses this alot but he normally does it from head and underhook control vs over under

This is Holt's bread and butta right here. He spoke about it in another thread.

well i like it in that most over under takedowns revolve around you having to step off to the sideor pull them or them throwing hips straight back first

Power twist is from double unders locked. Off balance is from over under. There is a big difference in the two.

Power twist is from double unders locked. Off balance is from over under. There is a big difference in the two.
So are you saying we shouldn't expect a takedown like that from the over under but more a off balance?

So are you saying we shouldn't expect a takedown like that from the over under but more a off balance?
It is a takedown, it is called an Off Balance, and it is hit from an over under where your hands arent locked. A power twist is a takedown called a Power Twist, and it is hit from double unders where your hands are locked.

Cat Zingano actually hit a really good one in the 1st round of her last fight. An Off Balance from an over under as her opponent was trying to push to avoid getting put against the cage.

It is a takedown, it is called an Off Balance, and it is hit from an over under where your hands arent locked. A power twist is a takedown called a Power Twist, and it is hit from double unders where your hands are locked.

Cat Zingano actually hit a really good one in the 1st round of her last fight. An Off Balance from an over under as her opponent was trying to push to avoid getting put against the cage.

yeha i notice alot of guys do it against the fence

so your saying with the over under u dont like to lock your hands to do the move he just did in the vid?

saw this vid where guy does without hands locked

yeha i notice alot of guys do it against the fence

so your saying with the over under u dont like to lock your hands to do the move he just did in the vid?

saw this vid where guy does without hands locked

I actually stayed in the same dorms as the guy in the video for about 5 years coincidentally. It is very hard to hit an Off Balance with locked hands because you lose the ability to push and pull simultaneously on different areas of the back and arms.

I actually stayed in the same dorms as the guy in the video for about 5 years coincidentally. It is very hard to hit an Off Balance with locked hands because you lose the ability to push and pull simultaneously on different areas of the back and arms.
do you think its a great move to use from over under? most techniques revolve around having to pull someone to make them step or you having to step off to the side to hit a move i like the idea of this cause i dont have to move much that lets them know what im trying to do

do you think its a great move to use from over under? most techniques revolve around having to pull someone to make them step or you having to step off to the side to hit a move i like the idea of this cause i dont have to move much that lets them know what im trying to do
Yes. I have probably drilled this move a few thousand times in my life. I would say it is a great move because it is zero risk and has high reward.

Yes. I have probably drilled this move a few thousand times in my life. I would say it is a great move because it is zero risk and has high reward.

but not the way lister is showing with his hands locked you say right

would you happen to know a good vid to show more details the vid i posted was done pretty quick and didnt go over alot of details

as a grappler you know a move can be botched completely if you dont have certain tiny details perfect

this isnt the same move but another good one for overunder i like iv been using it for almost a decade after saw chael doing it in this vid dropping and fast shrug alot of guys face plant if they dont know the move lol

the underhook throw bye is a treasure

its called throw by still? normal way i seen throw by is throwing the underhook super hard trying to get the single or get there hips ect. but theres always a chance of a scramble since i let them go. but with hands locked im on them like glue so if i somehow fail i still have my control vs just tossing my underhook and them scrambling away possibly

in normal grappling if u fail a move its not as bad in a fight if u do something and it fails your about to eat leather

its called throw by still? normal way i seen throw by is throwing the underhook super hard trying to get the single or get there hips ect. but theres always a chance of a scramble since i let them go. but with hands locked im on them like glue so if i somehow fail i still have my control vs just tossing my underhook and them scrambling away possibly

in normal grappling if u fail a move its not as bad in a fight if u do something and it fails your about to eat leather
look at the motion of the move.. the mechanics are the same. Locking your hands makes it relatively safer, so you don't have to unlock your hands which I know you are uncomfortable doing. You can also do it from and over under, which is where I hit it from usually

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back