Who has been here since 2002?

JustOnce

On Hiatus
@Gold
Reaction score
I only started following Fedors career since 2005, but it is arguable that his prime years in pride started well before that, since PRIDE fell in 2006 or so, and even though he faced a lot of top 10s, it is somewhat true that he did face some cans as well, but it is also important to note that it's not always easy to win fights that you are supposed to win also. It's little interesting to ask, since if you really think about it, prime fedor can be said to be PRIDE fedor, but how many of us were really around, or at least really followed his career since 2002?

With that said, I think Fedor is the goat, some of you may know. I don't know who said it, but I think someone said it about mayweather, how no matter who you are putting up in front of someone else, it's not easy to go undefeated for so long, and it's especially true in MMA and Heavyweight, and Fedor was as skilled as they come too.

I mean, unfortunately, I've been around here long enough to have been around to say that I did so for GSP, Silva and Jones, Conor, Mighty Mouse, everyone really discussed when it comes to the GOAT discussion, except Fedor, since if you really think about it, majority of his PRIME career was in PRIDE, before 2005.

So, who has followed his career since 2002? What was Fedor like before he hit it big?

Fought Heath... at the time the Texas boy was top 3-5. Gave him a beatdown to challenge Nogueira… The rest is history. But humble from the start...

I can't help you, I got into MMA because my friends were talking about this Conor guy and I was like 'gotta check that out' and wow he is so cool

This thread:
1526989418278.png

Japan hated him because he beat Nog and Cro Cop. He had his hardcore fans on here but was never really pushed by Pride because of the butthurt.

I only started following Fedors career since 2005, but it is arguable that his prime years in pride started well before that, since PRIDE fell in 2006 or so, and even though he faced a lot of top 10s, it is somewhat true that he did face some cans as well, but it is also important to note that it's not always easy to win fights that you are supposed to win also. It's little interesting to ask, since if you really think about it, prime fedor can be said to be PRIDE fedor, but how many of us were really around, or at least really followed his career since 2002?

With that said, I think Fedor is the goat, some of you may know. I don't know who said it, but I think someone said it about mayweather, how no matter who you are putting up in front of someone else, it's not easy to go undefeated for so long, and it's especially true in MMA and Heavyweight, and Fedor was as skilled as they come too.

I mean, unfortunately, I've been around here long enough to have been around to say that I did so for GSP, Silva and Jones, Conor, Mighty Mouse, everyone really discussed when it comes to the GOAT discussion, except Fedor, since if you really think about it, majority of his PRIME career was in PRIDE, before 2005.

So, who has followed his career since 2002? What was Fedor like before he hit it big?
I remember going to grappling class and talking with my trainers about Fedor being the next big thing. He looked really strong.

I can't help you, I got into MMA because my friends were talking about this Conor guy and I was like 'gotta check that out' and wow he is so cool
You probably came along just for the dolly throwing.

Dolly Noob.

To answer your question TS, I too missed what you consider Prime Fedor years (Had seen UFC in the late 90s casually but only started watching PRIDE around 2004).

Having spent a long time downloading all his fights on my shitty dial up connection at the time - I studied all of Fedors events with a raging hard on for the guy - it didn't seem any less special as he was still beating the likes of Cro Cop and later smoking former UFC champs.

You two should swap posts

To be honest, I don't understand his post, we didn't have these newfangled 'memes' in my day sonny, we had to go out and make our own entertainment... now let me tell ya a story...

Fought Heath... at the time the Texas boy was top 3-5. Gave him a beatdown to challenge Nogueira… The rest is history. But humble from the start...
The commentary from the Fedor/HH fight is amazing. They start off like HH is going to beat the brakes off Fedor lol

Most Skilled: Spider
Best athlete: GSP
Best Peak: Fedor

To be honest, I don't understand his post, we didn't have these newfangled 'memes' in my day sonny, we had to go out and make our own entertainment... now let me tell ya a story...
You're reinforcing my point gramps
<28>

I was around when Wanderlei Silva was still the Mad Dog from Curritiba

5828.jpg

PRIDE Fedor...early PRIDE, I think he started losing muscle mass graudally in his career BEFORE PRIDE fell

006_Fedor.jpg

Strikeforce Fedor

oie_uFtvdIjqxQI5.jpg

Bellator Fedor

Think my boy Barnett deserves that one.

I wish we saw Affliction 3, even with Vitor vs Fedor...with Vitor filled up with all the TRT without USADA...against undefeated Fedor..

Back