PBP UFC on FOX 30: Alvarez vs. Poirier II - PBP Discussion - 4pm ET/1pm PT/9pm UK

You're full of shit. His face was planted into the mat and only going to take more damage. He was done.
Dude he fuckin waved to the ref not to stop the fight. He was recovering from the liver shot.

Yes, most likely Aldo would have finished the fight but that was way too early. Stephens was not hurt from the GnP. He was recovering from the liver shot.

Late, but in.

How has the card been??

giphy.gif
Please for the love of Sherdog, SHOOP DAT WINCING JEREMY

I am a fan of Eddie, but Poirier's fighting style has won me over these last few years. I hope for a good scrap.

Love this fight

Top lightweights actually fighting each other is so rare these days

I didn’t see that. From the replay I saw Stephens was just turtled up. If that’s not the case then I agree that it was premature. However, it didn’t seem that way

Man, look at this. Ref saved him. Wouldn't be surprised if it turns out he has a cracked rib.

giphy.gif

Don't know why anyone thinks seeing Alvarez hurt in the first fight was definitive. I've seen him hurt in about a dozen fights he went on to win. Still taking Poirier, but don't think this is a shoe-in by any means.

Don't even know what Eddie's coming out to and Dustin has still won the walkout battle

Awesome news, my man! Always elated to hear good dudes hitting their goals!

Thanks, brother. You were there from jump street, so I wanted to tell you the news. I have an interview for a post surgical unit position next week

He "quit" cause you threw multiple illegal knees. If you think someone is quitting because they are hurt, you were 'quitting' lots of times in that fight.

-100 respect points for Alvarez. Poor form on that. Don't make excuses, you know the rules.

Well let's be honest for a moment. If he was going to lose this fight. Aldo was going to retire. This win and how he won proved he can still do it.

nah, I think Aldo is going to fight out this UFC contract regardless. Even if he lost. Because I think he may want to start boxing after this. He's alluded to it in the past.

Damn, that close-up of the knee on Gaethje's face, the blood flying off.... nice

Back