Who has been here since 2002?

Knew about him from following Red Devil, knew he would be good, but honestly didnt even think he would be the best red devil let alone the goat.

oie_uFtvdIjqxQI5.jpg

Bellator Fedor

More like BELLYtor Fedor amirite?

images

He rose fast, dominating everyone easily. No one wanted to fight him because he was pretty damned good. Thus he fought some cans while people were running from the contracts, beat everyone who was brave enough to sign..he was pretty damned impressive taking out people like he did. No one wanted in nogs guard... He didnt seem phased and showed some of the most brutal gnp ever. No one wanted to stand w mirko.. He stood and won the striking. He could have took down mirko and finished him, but being Fedor . He showed all he was able to beat whoever he fought at thier own game. He is goat.

Everyone pretending like they followed MMA before TUF .

I wish we saw Affliction 3, even with Vitor vs Fedor...with Vitor filled up with all the TRT without USADA...against undefeated Fedor..
One post you bash andy the next you glorify TRT Vitor lol

I can't help you, I got into MMA because my friends were talking about this Conor guy and I was like 'gotta check that out' and wow he is so cool

<41> newbs...

I was a little behind around that time. Not gonna lie I was still a big pro wrestling fan back then and knew about it through Ken Shamrock going to WWF.

I only started following Fedors career since 2005, but it is arguable that his prime years in pride started well before that, since PRIDE fell in 2006 or so, and even though he faced a lot of top 10s, it is somewhat true that he did face some cans as well, but it is also important to note that it's not always easy to win fights that you are supposed to win also. It's little interesting to ask, since if you really think about it, prime fedor can be said to be PRIDE fedor, but how many of us were really around, or at least really followed his career since 2002?

With that said, I think Fedor is the goat, some of you may know. I don't know who said it, but I think someone said it about mayweather, how no matter who you are putting up in front of someone else, it's not easy to go undefeated for so long, and it's especially true in MMA and Heavyweight, and Fedor was as skilled as they come too.

I mean, unfortunately, I've been around here long enough to have been around to say that I did so for GSP, Silva and Jones, Conor, Mighty Mouse, everyone really discussed when it comes to the GOAT discussion, except Fedor, since if you really think about it, majority of his PRIME career was in PRIDE, before 2005.

So, who has followed his career since 2002? What was Fedor like before he hit it big?

From what I remember, Bas Rutten was not very high on him. Fedor was a bit of an X-factor (and I hadn't yet followed Rings), and Rutten was perhaps siding with Schilt when Fedor fought him because Schilt, like Bas originally, was a kickboxer. Fedor was extremely strong, taking Schilt down and constantly attacking with submission attempts and ground and pound against a much bigger opponent, keeping him on his back. I just remember thinking Bas had some kind of bias against him, and that later seemed corroborated by Bas giving Crocop advice on how to beat him.

I think Fedor really turned heads when he demolished Heath Herring. He HAMMERED Herring mercilessly. Then he fought Big Nog, and he hit the bigtime.

nah pet ive only been here since 2006 but thanks for the thread cheers

Everyone pretending like they followed MMA before TUF .
I remember watching UFC 3 on PPV at a guy's bachelor party. It was the first MMA event I ever saw. I'm probably at least 15-20 years older than the average Sherdogger though.

Fought Heath... at the time the Texas boy was top 3-5. Gave him a beatdown to challenge Nogueira… The rest is history. But humble from the start...

I can't help you, I got into MMA because my friends were talking about this Conor guy and I was like 'gotta check that out' and wow he is so cool

Japan hated him because he beat Nog and Cro Cop. He had his hardcore fans on here but was never really pushed by Pride because of the butthurt.

I was around when Wanderlei Silva was still the Mad Dog from Curritiba

He rose fast, dominating everyone easily. No one wanted to fight him because he was pretty damned good. Thus he fought some cans while people were running from the contracts, beat everyone who was brave enough to sign..he was pretty damned impressive taking out people like he did. No one wanted in nogs guard... He didnt seem phased and showed some of the most brutal gnp ever. No one wanted to stand w mirko.. He stood and won the striking. He could have took down mirko and finished him, but being Fedor . He showed all he was able to beat whoever he fought at thier own game. He is goat.

Hespect!

No one wanted to stand with CC even though he was knocked out on the feet by Randleman lol

didn't even have high speed internet in 2002, def wasn't here

ive never understood the fedor love.

i mean i get it.... he destroyed a few cans back in the Hayday of MMA....

but he's nothing now. chael will stomp fedor

Fedor was great because every youtube clip i could find was part of his undefeated win streak. He has a loyal fan base that still exists and persists despite him getting KOed by a MW. a HW can't get KOed by a MW imo and stil be the greatest but he thankfully already on his way out

This is sherdog. Literally 80% of the posters arent old enough to truly understand aging, or are old dorks that literally never competed in any sport in their lives and therefor dont believe in "primes"

Fedor was great because every youtube clip i could find was part of his undefeated win streak. He has a loyal fan base that still exists and persists despite him getting KOed by a MW. a HW can't get KOed by a MW imo and stil be the greatest but he thankfully already on his way out

One of the hardest hitting MWs of all time, who also competed at LHW, who also was abusing TRT when we have no proof Fedor ever did, who also hammered him with illegal shots to the back of the head...........and Fedor was already wellllllllllllllllllllllllll past his peak

Started watching in 2001/2002 when a friend introduced me to Pride.

This is sherdog. Literally 80% of the posters arent old enough to truly understand aging, or are old dorks that literally never competed in any sport in their lives and therefor dont believe in "primes"

One of the hardest hitting MWs of all time, who also competed at LHW, who also was abusing TRT when we have no proof Fedor ever did, who also hammered him with illegal shots to the back of the head...........and Fedor was already wellllllllllllllllllllllllll past his peak

GOAT heavyweight can't get KOed by a guy who competes at MW... who cares if Hendo competed at LHW... heavyweights shouldn't even fight middleweights.

prime applies to fedor but not dan henderson?

Back