Who has been here since 2002?

I’ve followed his career since before Pride, when he started in the Japanese promotion “Rings”.
He have always remained my favourite fighter and no other fighter gets me so nervous and excited when the fights starts.
He have always been a down to earth guy and never bad mouth anyone, but always brings the heat once the fights starts.

I can't help you, I got into MMA because my friends were talking about this Conor guy and I was like 'gotta check that out' and wow he is so cool
Unfortunately that’s like 80% if you newbs.

Been here when sherdog was just news and articles and you could buy pride vhs I would say circa 2001-2002 and I don’t recal any forums being up yet.

Well I've been here since about then... but UFC was far easier for me to get & follow, so I cannot help tooooo much.

But do consider him the GOAT.

No one wanted to stand with CC even though he was knocked out on the feet by Randleman lol
Same as gsp vs serra. Was a fluke. Everone knew it. Loss was avenged easily. During the hw gp mirko was a beast.

This thread:
1526989418278.png
White Monsters are bae

My mma fandom pre-dates both PRIDE and the UFC. #GOAT-RICKSON

ufc vs pride champs were nuthugger fantasy. fedor was never a question though. I was here back in 2k before I was out of military in 01. so my logic is undeniable.

I followed his PRIDE career (on Sherdog) from the beginning, but I officially registered after he beat Fujita. He was highly regarded only after he smashed Heath. But Nog was still THE MAN, and the fans loved him. Fedor was seen as a potentially-competitive challenger that should definitely lose. It was almost like GSP's status when he first challenged for the belt at UFC 50- only Fedor won his fight.

No one wanted to stand with CC even though he was knocked out on the feet by Randleman lol
oh the classic fedor hater. anderson lost to takase ryo chonan, random bums in pride

Been lurking since around 2002.I was too intimidated to figure out the login/member process.
When the UFC game came out for Dreamcast I got back into MMA and it's been a problem ever since.

I’m old too

I can't help you, I got into MMA because my friends were talking about this Conor guy and I was like 'gotta check that out' and wow he is so cool
Me too buddy. I’ve never looked back. Conor’s the greatest fighter of all time

5828.jpg

PRIDE Fedor...early PRIDE, I think he started losing muscle mass graudally in his career BEFORE PRIDE fell

006_Fedor.jpg

Strikeforce Fedor

oie_uFtvdIjqxQI5.jpg

Bellator Fedor

I think you saw him gradually loosing muscle mass from the point he left Russian Top Team for Red Devil.

Early on I suspect it was more looking to maximise speed and cardio, especially vs Mirko, latter I think it was more physical decline and lack of focus.

I kept waiting for him to lose. When he didn’t, I kept waiting for him to start shootingn his mouth off. He never did.

He just showed up, beat your behind, and said thank you very much.

I was a fan of Pride, but I hadn’t heard of him before that

I’ve followed his career since before Pride, when he started in the Japanese promotion “Rings”.
He have always remained my favourite fighter and no other fighter gets me so nervous and excited when the fights starts.
He have always been a down to earth guy and never bad mouth anyone, but always brings the heat once the fights starts.

Holy shit an 01 account. I bow down in your presence good sir.

Did you think Fedor lost to Arona?

I joined in 2006 but browsed the site long before that. I think Fedor was the best HW of his time but in my opinion, the GOAT moniker is just something for people to argue about like "my dad can beat up your dad".

MMA has evolved. Fedor was a very well-rounded fighter and that gave him an advantage for the time. He really hasn't looked to use his grappling in years and became a wild head-hunter. That's dangerous at HW where everyone can knock each other out if they land.

Back