Dillashaw is ahead of Cruz at Bantamweight GOAT status

mirellale

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
TJ's UFC record 12-3 ;(Most Wins, Stoppages, KO's in UFC BW History)

Notable wins

• Cody Garbrandt x2

• Renan Barao x2

• John Lineker

• Raphael Assuncao
People forget how much of a monster Barao was and for TJ to wreck him twice is a huge deal and should be an extra feather in the cap for the GOAT Bantamweight talk.

Dom's UFC Record 5-1 (7-1 WEC)
;(Most consecutive UFC/WEC BW title defences: 4)

Notable wins

• Urijah Faber x2

• TJ Dillashaw

• Mighty Mouse

• Joseph Benevidez x2 (WEC)

• Brian Bowles (WEC)

• Scott Jorgensen (WEC)
I know that they all weighed 135 when they fought but there sure are a lot of flyweights on Cruz's record.Not to mention The Mighty Mouse that lost to Dom has got nothing to do with Current Mighty Mouse now.And yet Mighty Mouse still outstruck Cruz back in 2011.Cruz dominated the wrestling though.

Worth noting that if the Cruz decision had gone TJ’s way (which was incredibly possible), TJ’s reign could essentially read:

Renan Barao - won the belt (KO)

Joe Soto - first defense (KO)

Renan Barao - second defense (KO)

Dominick Cruz - third defense (Decision)

Raphael Assuncao - fourth defense (Decision)

John Lineker - fifth defense (Decision)

Cody Garbrandt - sixth defense (KO)

Cody Garbrandt - seventh defense (KO)

That’s not just “bantamweight GOAT” status; that’s “all time great” status.

Obviously it’s a hypothetical, but a realistic one. If TJ had gotten the instant rematch against Cruz (which would be a fair instant rematch, in my opinion, for an exciting uber close split decision), his career could read very different if you could count Assuncao and Lineker as legit defenses.

You don't seem biased at all.

TJ lost to a rusty Cruz
Dominic Cruz is the master,
in his Cody fight he was clearly hurt, he didn't spoke about his injury because he is the true warrior

a 100% healthy Cruz, will find the way to victory

TJ's UFC record 12-3 ;(Most Wins, Stoppages, KO's in UFC BW History)

Notable wins

• Cody Garbrandt x2

• Renan Barao x2

• John Lineker

• Raphael Assuncao
People forget how much of a monster Barao was and for TJ to wreck him twice is a huge deal and should be an extra feather in the cap for the GOAT Bantamweight talk.

Dom's UFC Record 5-1 (7-1 WEC)
;(Most consecutive UFC/WEC BW title defences: 4)

Notable wins

• Urijah Faber x2

• TJ Dillashaw

• Mighty Mouse

• Joseph Benevidez x2 (WEC)

• Brian Bowles (WEC)

• Scott Jorgensen (WEC)
I know that they all weighed 135 when they fought but there sure are a lot of flyweights on Cruz's record.Not to mention The Mighty Mouse that lost to Dom has got nothing to do with Current Mighty Mouse now.And yet Mighty Mouse still outstruck Cruz back in 2011.Cruz dominated the wrestling though.

Worth noting that if the Cruz decision had gone TJ’s way (which was incredibly possible), TJ’s reign could essentially read:

Renan Barao - won the belt (KO)

Joe Soto - first defense (KO)

Renan Barao - second defense (KO)

Dominick Cruz - third defense (Decision)

Raphael Assuncao - fourth defense (Decision)

John Lineker - fifth defense (Decision)

Cody Garbrandt - sixth defense (KO)

Cody Garbrandt - seventh defense (KO)

That’s not just “bantamweight GOAT” status; that’s “all time great” status.

Obviously it’s a hypothetical, but a realistic one. If TJ had gotten the instant rematch against Cruz (which would be a fair instant rematch, in my opinion, for an exciting uber close split decision), his career could read very different if you could count Assuncao and Lineker as legit defenses.
\

Change the name of the thread to "Hypotetically, Dillashaw is ahead of Cruz at Bantamweight GOAT status"

There is no guarantee that Cruz would've beaten prime Barao. He certainly wouldn't have made it look as easy as TJ did (twice!).

\

Change the name of the thread to "Hypotetically, Dillashaw is ahead of Cruz at Bantamweight GOAT status"
Hypotetically TJ would be an all time great.Not a GOAT Bantamweight.

960x0.jpg

Of course he is. T.j should ve had his hand raised in first fight (especially as champ coming in).
As far as I'm concerned that was t.j s 7th title defense on Saturday.

I wasnt rooting for either so no bias- I just calls em as I sees em

Last edited:
cruz is ahead because he beat tj and he has mighty mouse on his record. 2x faber and 2x joe b is nice too. tj will be tied tho if he beats marlon or maybe assuncao again. and he'll be above if he beats cruz

There is no guarantee that Cruz would've beaten prime Barao. He certainly wouldn't have made it look as easy as TJ did (twice!).
Tj admitted openly cruz wins that fight easy.

Tj admitted openly cruz wins that fight easy.
Fighters are some of the worst at predicting fights

There have been many fighters who incorrectly predicted a fight between two guys that they fought before.

More title defensed than most.
Against who? Faber?,flyweight Benavidez? Green Mighty Mouse?? Pffttt

pass

More time on being #1 BW in the world than most.
Are you sure?Dom won the belt in 2010 in the WEC,fought twice in 2011 in the UFC and injured until 2014.Then he came back and won a split decision against TJ in 2016 and lost the same year the title to Cody.

Soooo..go try again.

Back