When will TJ's gym atttact more fighters?

Kaiokenrye24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Seems like a great place for training no pun intended. Sam Calavitta seems like the best guy in the business for strength and conditioning, Mark Munoz is an awesome wrestling coach + awesome motivator, and Bang Ludwig is the man! (Cub Swanson looked great until getting dropped)
Also it is close to some boxing gyms where TJ trained(part of where he whooped no dad's ass even worse than the first time)

That's where I would go if I was a fighter

It's already better than Longo's gym out in Long Island, that's for sure.

JacksonWink is where I'd go if I wanted to be a fighter. Great training + free steroids

he said he doesn't want a business. I think it's more a close group of elite fighters than anything

What was the pun?

{<huh}

isnt sam calvita a wmma fighter?

People will go tbere when they hire coach edmund as their head coach and when silly dilly stops being a dick in sparring
he said he doesn't want a business. I think it's more a close group of elite fighters than anything
So jale ellenberger is an elite fighter ?

People will go tbere when they hire coach edmund as their head coach and when silly dilly stops being a dick in sparring

So jale ellenberger is an elite fighter ?
Well since everyone at TAM is a dick training partner(Cody apparently broke some orbitals because he would not cool it and PVZ kneed a 14 year old kid in the headrepeatedly while he was down and they praised her for it), it's still better than tam

I'd train there if I lived close. Can't deny Doug Funny's skills. So what if I have to buy some peanut butter from Bang every now and then.

Well since everyone at TAM is a dick training partner(Cody apparently broke some orbitals because he would not cool it and PVZ kneed a 14 year old kid in the headrepeatedly while he was down and they praised her for it), it's still better than tam

Lol any source on that Paige shit? That’s hilarious and wouldn’t be surprising to me

Cub didn't look great until he got dropped. Looked like the same Cub. Another fighter from TJs camp got knocked out on prelims too

It's a solid gym TJ is on but it's much like GSP with TriStar or DJ with AMC. TJ, DJ and GSP are such gureat fighters they make the gym look better than it is and have a perfect fit with Bang, Hume and Firas respectively. You're not gonna be able to find the same success with other fighters

Last edited:
Seems like a great place for training no pun intended. Sam Calavitta seems like the best guy in the business for strength and conditioning, Mark Munoz is an awesome wrestling coach + awesome motivator, and Bang Ludwig is the man! (Cub Swanson looked great until getting dropped)
Also it is close to some boxing gyms where TJ trained(part of where he whooped no dad's ass even worse than the first time)

That's where I would go if I was a fighter
No. He just uses science and analytics to evaluate/train his fighters. When you use proper equipment and training backed with research you get good results. Problem is most gyms don't have the finances or knowledge to do so. The best is Dr. Julian Darby. He's both a medical doctor, has a PhD in sports science and was an international level cyclist. Only problem is the only one that can afford him is Conor. He does all of his other work out of a university and hospital. A hell of a lot more than glorified personal trainers that populate the business.

Lol any source on that Paige shit? That’s hilarious and wouldn’t be surprising to me
https://mmajunkie.com/2016/12/ufc-o...-got-into-a-fistfight-with-brazilian-teenager

“I was trying to get to the bottom of what she was really after,” said Faber (33-10 MMA, 9-6 UFC), whose retirement fight comes Saturday against Brad Pickett (25-12 MMA, 5-7 UFC) at UFC on FOX 22 at Golden 1 Center in Sacramento. “Like, you want to get into acting? I was trying to gauge it. And she’s just like, ‘I want to be a world champion.’”

So at least her head was in the right place. But Faber’s buy-in wasn’t all there until one particular day of sparring at then gym.

“She got into a heated fistfight with a kid that we had on the team,” he said. “He was a little Brazilian kid; he was just right about to be 13 or 14, and he was a stud kickboxer. And those two went at it, like a war. He pissed her off, and she pissed him off, and next thing I know, she’s dropping knees on his head, and we had to break it up.

“I’m like, alright, this girl’s here to play.”

Cub didn't look great until he got dropped. Looked like the same Cub. Another fighter from TJs camp got knocked out on prelims too

It's a solid gym TJ is on but it's much like GSP with TriStar or DJ with AMC. TJ, DJ and GSP are such gureat fighters they make the gym look better than it is and have a perfect fit with Bang, Hume and Firas respectively. You're not gonna be able to find the same success with other fighters

You can't attribute Cub's loss entirely to TJ's gym. First off, he trained the vast majority of his career at Jackson's, and second, Cub has been fighting for a decade now and at the top for a long time - he just got worked over by a younger fighter who looked very good.

No. He just uses science and analytics to evaluate/train his fighters. When you use proper equipment and training backed with research you get good results. Problem is most gyms don't have the finances or knowledge to do so. The best is Dr. Julian Darby. He's both a medical doctor, has a PhD in sports science and was an international level cyclist. Only problem is the only one that can afford him is Conor. He does all of his other work out of a university and hospital. A hell of a lot more than glorified personal trainers that populate the business.

A good point. These are the practices which differentiate a well tuned athlete from a battered jock. The applications and techniques are focused on peak performance, as well as enhancing health and longevity (that is, as much health and longevity as one can expect as a pro fighter).

pr010319.gif

Seems like a good place you're right, but bang isn't the striking coach.

Back