[Video] Kevin Lee vs Barboza was one of the worst beatings I've ever seen

This wasnt a beating, this was a fight. Barboza shattered Kevins head, cant you remember?

This wasnt a beating, this was a fight. Barboza shattered Kevins head, cant you remember?
That was the one time throughout the near 25 minutes he wasn't getting brutally pounded on by Lee. Lee beat him into a different ethnicity.
https_2F2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com2Fdam2Fimageserve2F9503084022F960x0.jpg

Lee is the biggest threat to Khabib by far imo
Only person pushing this narrative is Lee himself. You really think that guy has a skill set that matches up badly with khabib. Any one who's grappled a day in their lives can see khabib is on a different level there. Biggest threat to khabib is an explosive high level striker who can KO him in a flash and stop takedowns (aka barboza who he already mauled. Mark my words Kevin Lee has a glass jaw and will be irrelevant come a year or so from now.

Definitely one of the worst beatings I've seen, and objectively much, much worse than what Khabib did to Barboza; he did more damage and got the finish.

It's ok, Khabib fans. This doesn't discredit Khabib's also very dominant win over Barboza. You don't have to go rushing to his defence just because someone shared a video of another fighter doing more awesome stuff.

Poor Barboza gets fed to fighters on the verge of stardom these days.

He’s the gatekeeper to grapplers.

Last edited:
The main drawback to Helwani's new show is the fact it streams on Twitter. He needs to go back to a live stream on Youtube.
100%

My only criticism thus far. I seem to have better luck with the quality on youtube too.

Only person pushing this narrative is Lee himself. You really think that guy has a skill set that matches up badly with khabib. Any one who's grappled a day in their lives can see khabib is on a different level there. Biggest threat to khabib is an explosive high level striker who can KO him in a flash and stop takedowns (aka barboza who he already mauled. Mark my words Kevin Lee has a glass jaw and will be irrelevant come a year or so from now.

Anybody who has been able to take their Khabib fanboy goggles off knows that Lee is Khabib's biggest challenge. Nobody in the LW division has been able to match Khabib's wrestling...except Kevin Lee. He's probably stronger than Khabib, and his cardio is better than Khabib's, and on the feet, he blows Khabib out of the water.

Ikr, I haven't seen his new show live ever and he's starting to become irrelevant to me

If you miss an early interview, you have to wait 4 hours for Ariel to end the show in order to watch it. Shit is terrible

Definitely one of the worst beatings I've seen, and objectively much, much worse than what Khabib did to Barboza; he did more damage and got the finish.

It's ok, Khabib fans. This doesn't discredit Khabib's also very dominant win over Barboza. You don't have to go rushing to his defence just because someone shared a video of another fighter doing more awesome stuff.
I agree. It was an absolute belting. I felt sorry for Edson - reminded me of BJ Penn vs. GSP 2. Had it not been for the spin kick I felt his corner would have thrown in the towel.

Lee had a solid showing that scrap. If there were doubts before, he addressed them well.

That fight might be the night Kevin Lee turned the corner
Super exceptional prospect for his entire UFC run, but he's always looked a bit uncomfortable on the feet and he wasn't smoothly transitioning through the phases. After losing to Tony like he did he could have completely fallen off and lost the confidence he was building

And instead he comes out and beats the fuuuuccck out of Barboza. That fight could have been stopped multiple times, Barboza will have nightmares about fighting that dude for the rest of his career. Barboza responds to pressure footwork by throwing homerun hooks and kicks and Lee walked through them all, survived almost being finished and beat him up standing as well

super great stuff to watch from a guy who at one point was losing his balance or getting dropped by jabs

I think that was the most crucial take away from that fight, he showed he can wrestle and grapple just as good as Khabib but then shows exactly where he's far better than Khabib.

We can argue and debate who wrestled/grappled better, no debate in who has the advantage on the feet, and thats where the fight will stay.

Khabib is an overrated wrestler with only a 44% TD accuracy, only landed 40% on Al who had less than 24 hours to prepare.

Anybody who has been able to take their Khabib fanboy goggles off knows that Lee is Khabib's biggest challenge. Nobody in the LW division has been able to match Khabib's wrestling...except Kevin Lee. He's probably stronger than Khabib, and his cardio is better than Khabib's, and on the feet, he blows Khabib out of the water.

Lee is a beast of a grappler, no doubt, but hes not beating ANY 155er that has a decent chin in the standup, no matter how shitty their striking. His chin is too vulnerable...this is the same dude that got dropped by Chiesa FFS.

Shame about Lee's chin -- I like him as a fighter and he seems like a good dude, but that chin is pure glass. I'd put money on Khabib knocking him out in a straight striking match just because Lee's chin is that bad

I hope you’re right.

It was definitely one of the worst beatings I've seen in a while but he was almost finished in the middle of that beatdown.

Back