[Video] Kevin Lee vs Barboza was one of the worst beatings I've ever seen

Huge difference between a guy using his wrestling to inflict real damage like Lee and a guy just using it to stall like Clownington.

Khabib vs Barboza was worse... Khabib took his soul....
081_Khabib_Nurmagomedov_vs_Edson_Barboza.jpg

Huge difference between a guy using his wrestling to inflict real damage like Lee and a guy just using it just to stall like Clownington.

I was damn sure you would say khabib.

I was damn sure you would say khabib.

Khabib scores powerful takedowns and uses good ground a pound too. He is a good example of grappling used the right way in terms of MMA.

Kevin Lee will be on the Helwani show today. I'll put up a thread in a bit. Starts at 1pm ET.

Khabib vs Barboza was worse... Khabib took his soul....
081_Khabib_Nurmagomedov_vs_Edson_Barboza.jpg
I honestly think the Lee beating was even worse. Barboza ate hundreds of shots over the course of twenty two plus minutes.

Barboza made him dance...
Best-Moment-Edson-Barboza-vs-Kevin-Lee-UFN-128.gif

That fight might be the night Kevin Lee turned the corner
Super exceptional prospect for his entire UFC run, but he's always looked a bit uncomfortable on the feet and he wasn't smoothly transitioning through the phases. After losing to Tony like he did he could have completely fallen off and lost the confidence he was building

And instead he comes out and beats the fuuuuccck out of Barboza. That fight could have been stopped multiple times, Barboza will have nightmares about fighting that dude for the rest of his career. Barboza responds to pressure footwork by throwing homerun hooks and kicks and Lee walked through them all, survived almost being finished and beat him up standing as well

super great stuff to watch from a guy who at one point was losing his balance or getting dropped by jabs

Huge difference between a guy using his wrestling to inflict real damage like Lee and a guy just using it to stall like Clownington.
lol fuck off. Covington has two pure GNP stoppages (ie: didn't hurt the guy on the feet) in his wins over Griffin and Wang.

Brutal but slightly tainted by the fact that the blueprint for the win had already been created. Execution was on point though, Lee is a scary guy.

Agreed. I think Khabib locked Edson up really tight and landed more but Lee's strikes had more power behind them.

Kevin Lee will be on the Helwani show today. I'll put up a thread in a bit. Starts at 1pm ET.
The MMAHour has become unbearable. Luke Thomas is so bad at interviewing people, I feel anxiety listening to it. That being said, I'll be tuning into Ariel's show though.

The MMAHour has become unbearable. Luke Thomas is so bad at interviewing people, I feel anxiety listening to it. That being said, I'll be tuning into Ariel's show though.
The main drawback to Helwani's new show is the fact it streams on Twitter. He needs to go back to a live stream on Youtube.

Can't help but think Khabib tenderized Barboza for Lee to take advantage of lol.

He took that fight way too soon after the mauling Khabib gave him.

That begin said, Lee is legitimately a top 3-4 fighter in the division right now. Which sucks because I'd love to see him fight a guy like Makachev to see if he could actually test Khabib.

Round 1 was 10-7....That was an epic fucking smashing. Round 2 was a total smashing too.

Lee was out to make a statement and look more dominant than Khabib did. It was all going well. The problem was Lee emptied the tank in those 2 rounds trying his balls off to finish him. He was noticeably spent heading into round 3 and he got caught with that kick that almost ended his night. He also had no more power on his punches by round 3. IN round 5 he looked god awful, and if Barboza wasn't totally spent Lee could have been in very serious trouble.

Last edited:
Back