Trump Strips Former CIA Chief John Brennan of Security Clearance

Is Trump Stripping Security Clearances a good or bad thing?

• Total voters
How long ago did she quit working for the government?
The contract was terminated prior to her start date, yet she got her clearance, I haven't bothered asking about it recently but it will be the topic of conversation this weekend I am sure.
Maybe due to her husband's work (IT contract work), but that doesn't seem right. I do my best to intentionally not ask about what he does, or his dad. You seem to have the details, might that be the reason?

The contract was terminated prior to her start date, yet she got her clearance, I haven't bothered asking about it recently but it will be the topic of conversation this weekend I am sure.
Maybe due to her husband's work (IT contract work), but that doesn't seem right. I do my best to intentionally not ask about what he does, or his dad. You seem to have the details, might that be the reason?
Her husband's work would have no effect on whether or not her clearance is active/inactive/lapsed.

If she got her clearance and the contract was canceled, it is almost a guarantee that what she has now is an inactive, valid clearance. The good thing about it being inactive rather than revoked or lapsed is that it's much easier to reinstate. The investigation doesn't have to start from scratch, which saves taxpayers tons of money, and by extension, anybody who might hire her for a contract saves money and time. It also makes her more marketable, and able to make a higher salary. It's good for everybody involved.

It's good for everybody involved.

I had typed out a wall of text of how my inlaws are prime examples of why we have way too many with clearance...but i figure it's best to not air dirty laundry on the interwebs.
thanks for the discussion Homie!

https://www.businessinsider.com/nav...curity-clearance-2018-8?utm_source=reddit.com

"A good leader sets the example for others to follow," McRaven said. "A good leader always puts the welfare of others before himself or herself."

"Your leadership, however, has shown little of these qualities," McRaven said. "Through your actions, you have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation."

Lol that's rich. The entire intelligence community disagrees with him for some reason or another, for example for sharing classified information with foreign leaders for the fuck of it.
It's just because the so called intelligence community is Corrupt! SAD!

Just remember, fellows, that he only gets four or eight years to shit on the country, waste money, piss on our allies and be a petty bitch... and then he'll be gone. He's not far from his sell-by date anyways.

Not surprised by his level of pettiness anymore. When someone dislikes him/has a negative opinion or stands up to him, he will try to insult and bully them into backing down much like a child on a playground. Really gets under his skin that Brennan is more respected than he is too which makes it that much more pathetic.
He had a decade long feud with Rosie O'Donnell FFS. :rolleyes:

Trump has the schlong. He decides who gets access to information and who doesn't. We voted for Trump because we want it this way. Don't like it, move to Russia...

@HomerThompson you too.
A democracy means freedom for all. It isn't the majority rules over the minority. If you want to ignore Trump's radical behavior because it suits your agenda I understand. You'll forgive me if I want Mueller to finish his investigation. You're defending a guy that is so shady he hasn't even released his tax returns.
<puh-lease75>

A democracy means freedom for all. It isn't the majority rules over the minority. If you want to ignore Trump's radical behavior because it suits your agenda I understand. You'll forgive me if I want Mueller to finish his investigation. You're defending a guy that is so shady he hasn't even released his tax returns.
<puh-lease75>
And again, what Mueller is investigating is whether and how Russia fucked with our elections.

Call me crazy but that seems worth knowing.

They need security clearances for future jobs, and most importantly to have candid conversations with people currently in government who need help with information.

Being able to talk to the past CIA director candidly about classified material is probably pretty fucking helpful.

Bullshit. They hang onto their clearances so they can meddle and write books.

Bullshit. They hang onto their clearances so they can meddle and write books.
images

"A good leader sets the example for others to follow," McRaven said. "A good leader always puts the welfare of others before himself or herself."

"Your leadership, however, has shown little of these qualities," McRaven said. "Through your actions, you have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation."

Military horseshit and his ending lost him all credibility for being unbiased.

1. "To be a good soldier you have to love the army, to be a good commander you have to be willing to order the DEATH of the thing you love"...this is a MILITARY quote from General Robert E Lee. Not a thing that comes from a place that "puts the welfare of others before himself".

2. No politician or business person worth their salt places anyone above themselves. Steve Jobs created the largest corporation in history and was about as narcissistic as you can get.

3. Black Lives Matter formed under OBAMA...not Trump. There was no united nation for Trump to divide.

Give me a GOOD reason someone separated from an intelligence agency requires their clearances then.
So that the new people can consult with the old without having to have the old go through a laborious, pointless process to reacquire it.

Military horseshit and his ending lost him all credibility for being unbiased.

1. "To be a good soldier you have to love the army, to be a good commander you have to be willing to order the DEATH of the thing you love"...this is a MILITARY quote from General Robert E Lee. Not a thing that comes from a place that "puts the welfare of others before himself".

2. No politician or business person worth their salt places anyone above themselves. Steve Jobs created the largest corporation in history and was about as narcissistic as you can get.

3. Black Lives Matter formed under OBAMA...not Trump. There was no united nation for Trump to divide.
Robert E Lee is a Confederate retard, sucking Steve Jobs dick is JonesBones job, and the "bu bu but Obama!" argument has lost it's value here a long time ago.

Aren't you the guy who lost his "recording others without consent" argument because he provided proof against himself?

<{Heymansnicker}>

Back