Golden Boy Promotions: Liddel vs Tito 3 Nov. 24th FULL Card

it's just a josh barnett announcement away.

I can see Dana White calling up either Tito or Chuck and for a sum of money backing out of the event last minute. Hopefully they've protected themselves from this sort of situation.

Has Josh been mentioned as being a possible fighter for this event? Be fun if they could get him against someone like Big Foot or a Frank Mir rematch.

Hopefully Tank Abbott and Scott Ferrozzo can have another fight on this card.

I'm unsure that Golden Boy can sustain its place in the market, but I don't doubt that this can pull decent numbers on PPV. Golden Boy is a very well known promotion, as are the names Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortiz. I don't believe they're going to pull in a million buys or anything, but half a million would be my guess, just on the three names involved and the fact that Chuck and Tito are more well known than almost all of the fighters on the current UFC roster. Add to it that Golden Boy will no doubt properly promote this event.

What I'm actually curious about it who they use to fill the undercard. This would be perfect for Eddie Alvarez, for a big one off pay day. But I'm having difficulty coming up with names who aren't already locked into some kind of deal with another promotion.
This will be a success if it make 120k buys. No way it makes 500k. People who know the main event fighters know they are way past their expiration date.

I'm unsure that Golden Boy can sustain its place in the market, but I don't doubt that this can pull decent numbers on PPV. Golden Boy is a very well known promotion, as are the names Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortiz. I don't believe they're going to pull in a million buys or anything, but half a million would be my guess, just on the three names involved and the fact that Chuck and Tito are more well known than almost all of the fighters on the current UFC roster. Add to it that Golden Boy will no doubt properly promote this event.

What I'm actually curious about it who they use to fill the undercard. This would be perfect for Eddie Alvarez, for a big one off pay day. But I'm having difficulty coming up with names who aren't already locked into some kind of deal with another promotion.
You think half a million? At what price? I'd be shocked with 200K at near UFC pricing.

Chael Wand did what, 90K? That shit would've done 500K as a grudge match on UFC.

Last edited:
You think half a million? At what price? I'd be shocked with 200K at near UFC pricing. Be

Actor showed that old big names don't equal big draws. Chael Wand did what, 90K? That shit would've done 500K as a grudge match on UFC.
Chael and Wand are nowhere close to a known as Tito and Chuck. Its not all about the names, the promotor will be far more likely to promote competently. Golden Boy has promoted some very big events, this should be no different.

Chael and Wand are nowhere close to a known as Tito and Chuck. Its not all about the names, the promotor will be far more likely to promote competently. Golden Boy has promoted some very big events, this should be no different.

Should Bellator and UFC be worried?

If there is such thing, that is reserved for the main event fighters.

If there is such thing, that is reserved for the main event fighters.
Well, if Alvarez is involved it is clear that he would be the biggest name other than Chuck and Tito. Surely he would be the co-main. and the co-main fighters usually have a good payday too.

Chuck v. Tito 3
Tank v. Someone
Ken Shamrock v. Frank Shamrock

Couple more fights like that and you got a banger.

I'm interested to see what they bring to the table in terms of promotion. Can they get crossover boxing fans too in addition to old nostalgic hardcore mma fans to watch?

I'm interested to see what they bring to the table in terms of promotion. Can they get crossover boxing fans too in addition to old nostalgic hardcore mma fans to watch?
This is what I'm wondering. I think the name Golden Boy is known to a different group of buyers than the UFC. It's an interesting thought. Not to mention that there could potentially being boxing on the card.

Will it suceed or will it fold?

Are they serious in venturing in a mma or just another affliction in the making?

Will De la Hoya stay true to his promise by giving fighters a better pay?

I see it going similar to Affliction.

I really this promotion succeed, I hope that this become successful and maybe one day he can buy other mma organization and make a one regional mma promotion to fight UFC and Bellator.

But in order to do that he should hire some top mma fighters and champions from other organizations.

And seal a tv deal and sponsorships.

Back