JOKER Origin Movie (First Poster Released)

Will Joaquin Phoenix make a good Joker

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
joaquin-phoenix-the-joker-movie-29.jpg

joaquin-phoenix-the-joker-movie-05.jpg

joaquin-phoenix-the-joker-movie-12.jpg

joaquin-phoenix-the-joker-movie-02.jpg

joaquin-phoenix-the-joker-movie-01.jpg
Joaquin Phoenix is outstanding.
Glad To see he dropped all the bulk he had put on... and some more.
I think this will start a whole different universe, hopefully adult, dark, gritty and More realistic. The tone of thes cenery somewhat resembles Watchmen, which is, To me, what these should be like.

Update: September 16, 2018

First Look at Joaquin Phoenix as Arthur Fleck in the JOKER Origin Movie

41466537_2261923980697503_1188041514126656034_n.jpg

When he was first announced to be The Joker in an origin movie, my first impression was...

<41>

...but, this shot of him makes me curious.

Maybe this won't be a shitshow afterall.

Kinda wish they'd change his wardrobe. He dresses like my 84 year old grandfather before he died in '94.

Saw an article about it on i09.

The top comment mentioned that by having the Joker being named Arthur Fleck - A. Fleck (Affleck),

Blew my freaking mind!

Phoenix is a great actor, and looks creepy as fuck.
Liking this 10x better than whatever the fuck Leto called himself doing

Okay DC, if it stays looking gritty and dark I'll watch it.

But only then.

It looks good, resembles heaths joker. The pictures itself give off a depressing, psychotic dark tone too it

Now, like a venom movie with no spiderman, if it doesnt have batman in it or cliff hang to batman movie, whats the point of a joker movie?

Phoenix is a great actor, and looks creepy as fuck.
Liking this 10x better than whatever the fuck Leto called himself doing

This, jared leto looked like the lame ass curent rap generation with face tats, lame hair color, and lame personality

Joaquin is a phenomenal actor. If this was an idea that shouldn't have been killed at birth I would be excited to see it brought to life.

Despite the inconsistency (he should've been casted first anyway), Phoenix is an excellent choice.

But the rest of it: doing an origin story, giving Joker a real name, etc. is just typical WB nonsense. They'll never get it.

Reminds me of when they tried to give Michael Myers a backstory and ruined the fucking character.

Joaquin is a phenomenal actor. If this was an idea that shouldn't have been killed at birth I would be excited to see it brought to life.
With the actors and star power behind this, I feel like this could potentially be similar to "Logan", for me.
I hated the X-men movies because I'm a big fan of the comics, and the movies are just so far off--and despite Logan not being the story I wanted, it captured the spirit enough where I could enjoy it.

Still perplexed as to how this even got greenlit though. Why didn't they just get Leto to do it? He's younger loooking than Phoenix, so it's not like he couldn't of done it

With the actors and star power behind this, I feel like this could potentially be similar to "Logan", for me.
I hated the X-men movies because I'm a big fan of the comics, and the movies are just so far off--and despite Logan not being the story I wanted, it captured the spirit enough where I could enjoy it.

Still perplexed as to how this even got greenlit though. Why didn't they just get Leto to do it? He's younger loooking than Phoenix, so it's not like he couldn't of done it

The difference is I have zero desire to know how the Joker became the Joker.
The character has been around for 80 years and is consistently ranked top 3 villain of all time and top 10 character of all time.
Hollywood doesn't have the talent to write an origin to this character that won't disappoint millions of people.

Is this supposed to be sequel, or a prequel to Jim Carrey's new show?

Kidding-Jim-Carrey.jpg

The difference is I have zero desire to know how the Joker became the Joker.
The character has been around for 80 years and is consistently ranked top 3 villain of all time and top 10 character of all time.
Hollywood doesn't have the talent to write an origin to this character that won't disappoint millions of people.
Yeah, totally agree. I have no interest in knowing the charcter's history either..but despite that, I can see me potentially appreciating this for what it is.
Like with Logan, that wasnt' "Logan", and it wasn't the real X-men, but I can enjoy and appreciate it still on some level (despite the complete disregard for the real story)---unlike the other shit that DC has put out.

He's too old already. Sorry.

Edit: could be a decent one-off, I guess. Might see.

He's too old already. Sorry.

Edit: could be a decent one-off, I guess. Might see.

Yea i am expecting this as well.

Just a one off type movie. No longeavity to this.

Tbh i think thats what WB are tryna shoot for after realizing they cant compete with MCU shared universe.

And if their one offs deliver, we cant really hate. Batman begins and dark knight were good movies out of the batnolan verse

Looks good. Phoenix already looks like a creep waiting to explode in those shots. Can't wait to see it.

Suprised jokers name in this is arthur fleck and not jack napier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back