Unbiased: Mcgregor vs Nurmagomedov

What you just wrote is exactly same biased BS as all the nutthuggers are saying over and over. "Khabib is easiest fight for Conor"... GTFO. You say you want to have a non BS conversation, yet you started stating top of the BS mountain. Let's just wait and talk on october 7th.

Just because I shared my own personal opinion that I have formed from my interpretation of how both of their fights have gone doesn't mean I'm hugging anyone's nuts. Especially Conor's. As if you've seen my posts in the years previous, I have never been a fan of Conor.

Just because I pick the fighter that you think is going to lose to win, does not make my opinion erroneous. Because opinions are opinions, not facts.

Edit: Some punctuation marks.

It will only play a role when the height disparity is significant enough. Take the Foreman vs Qawi fight for example. Qawi was significantly shorter than Foreman and opted for a style that similar of Joe Frazier (Philly Shell) which made him fight even "Shorter" Qawi had to adjust his punches for the much taller Foreman, while Big George had to punch down at an angle.

The disparity of height between Conor and Khabib aren't nearly as dramatic.

That's true, it's only 1 inch. But hey...sometimes an inch can make a big difference. (that's what she said). Anywhooo, October 6, we'll see what happens. I'm a little more pumped for the Nate-Poirier fight though.

Cardio pain kills everyone like Frank Mir said. Khabib will grind down McGregor. I can see a GSP vs Dan Hardy light type of fight that ends in the championship rds with mcgregor gassed and submitted...

That's true, it's only 1 inch. But hey...sometimes an inch can make a big difference. (that's what she said). Anywhooo, October 6, we'll see what happens. I'm a little more pumped for the Nate-Poirier fight though.

That fight is also really good. Can't wait for that one as well.

Cardio pain kills everyone like Frank Mir said. Khabib will grind down McGregor. I can see a GSP vs Dan Hardy light type of fight that ends in the championship rds with mcgregor gassed and submitted...

It's what makes this fight really good. Can Khabib survive the early rounds to drag Conor into deep waters, or can Conor get the job done quickly.

As UFC 229 is getting closer and closer, countless threads have popped up about one of the most anticipated fights in MMA history. There are whole threads dedicated for both fighters and why they're going to win come fight night.

Some threads have some really good discussion among members but those back and forth discussions are usually buried by the nonsensical albeit, entertaining posts and memes. I just wanted to create a thread with the sole purpose of unbiased discussion among MMA fans.

Of course, if you can, please refrain from responding to troll posts or posts with no real substance behind them. "Khabib is getting knocked the fooked out" is a viable outcome but not really a good way to start a discussion.

So, if you enjoy having a no BS discussion about one the upcoming biggest fights in MMA history with your fellow MMA enthusiasts, please feel free to have one here.

As for my take, I truly believe that Khabib, despite having shown some really dominating performances in the past, is the easiest fight for Conor Mcgregor between Holloway and Ferguson.

Khabib has shown time and time again that he has some glaring holes in his standup that I would be surprised if Conor wouldn't be able to exploit them. Backing straight back up with your chin high is one of the cardinal sins in boxing that only a few got away with. (Muhammad Ali is the first person to come in mind)

Pulling straight back the way Khabib tends to do also leaves him very vulnerable to straight punches which just happens to be Conor's best strike. His straight left, although usually over-exaggerated by many of his fans, is genuinely his best strike and quite a potent one at that. I don't see Khabib being able to take continuous shots without being hurt, or even knocked out.

What are your thoughts and opinions about the fight?

Correct but Khabib has got a CHIN. Plus you got to factor in all Mcgregors time off, he had a kid, became rich beyond his wildest dreams, so i doubt it will be the same fighter that tore through Alvarez.

Khabib meanwhile has remained active so if his chin can survive the first two rounds, he is going to ragdoll Mcgregor over and over again until he is exhausted.

Lets see that chin

Correct but Khabib has got a CHIN. Plus you got to factor in all Mcgregors time off, he had a kid, became rich beyond his wildest dreams, so i doubt it will be the same fighter that tore through Alvarez.

Khabib meanwhile has remained active so if his chin can survive the first two rounds, he is going to ragdoll Mcgregor over and over again until he is exhausted.

Lets see that chin

To be fair, Alvarez never looked impressive in his whole UFC stint and has looked mediocre at best up until the Geathje fight.

But the layoff will definitely be a factor and so will Khabib's chin, good points.

I still don't see how Conor can magically learn to defend high level takedowns

The Diaz brothers have trained with Jake shields forever and still not picked it up

Wrestling is muscle memory , constant repetition , Conor simply hasn't invested the decade or so necessary to stave off constant chain wrestling from a bigger stronger opponent.

As UFC 229 is getting closer and closer, countless threads have popped up about one of the most anticipated fights in MMA history. There are whole threads dedicated for both fighters and why they're going to win come fight night.

Some threads have some really good discussion among members but those back and forth discussions are usually buried by the nonsensical albeit, entertaining posts and memes. I just wanted to create a thread with the sole purpose of unbiased discussion among MMA fans.

Of course, if you can, please refrain from responding to troll posts or posts with no real substance behind them. "Khabib is getting knocked the fooked out" is a viable outcome but not really a good way to start a discussion.

So, if you enjoy having a no BS discussion about one the upcoming biggest fights in MMA history with your fellow MMA enthusiasts, please feel free to have one here.

As for my take, I truly believe that Khabib, despite having shown some really dominating performances in the past, is the easiest fight for Conor Mcgregor between Holloway and Ferguson.

Khabib has shown time and time again that he has some glaring holes in his standup that I would be surprised if Conor wouldn't be able to exploit them. Backing straight back up with your chin high is one of the cardinal sins in boxing that only a few got away with. (Muhammad Ali is the first person to come in mind)

Pulling straight back the way Khabib tends to do also leaves him very vulnerable to straight punches which just happens to be Conor's best strike. His straight left, although usually over-exaggerated by many of his fans, is genuinely his best strike and quite a potent one at that. I don't see Khabib being able to take continuous shots without being hurt, or even knocked out.

What are your thoughts and opinions about the fight?
How the hell is this unbiased?

The Diaz brothers have trained with Jake shields forever and still not picked it up

Wrestling is muscle memory , constant repetition , Conor simply hasn't invested the decade or so necessary to stave off constant chain wrestling from a bigger stronger opponent.

To be fair, the Diaz brothers hasn't picked anything new up that significantly changed their style. Checking leg kicks included.

How the hell is this unbiased?

How is it biased? It's an opinion that I've formed from interpreting both fighters previous fights over the last couple of years. Just because I didn't pick Khabib to win doesn't make it biased. It's an opinion, not a fact. Could I be completely wrong? Of course.

To be fair, Alvarez never looked impressive in his whole UFC stint and has looked mediocre at best up until the Geathje fight.

But the layoff will definitely be a factor and so will Khabib's chin, good points.
Disagree, when he knocked out RDA that was a big moment as RDA was looking unstoppable at LW.

I dont know which fight it is, but Khabib takes down a fighter like 100 times, so the guy just gives up. Its that AKA Cain Velesaquez style pressure that will win it for him. But there is always the chance of the Dos Santos upset, so we will see..

Disagree, when he knocked out RDA that was a big moment as RDA was looking unstoppable at LW.

I might have to watch that fight again, but from what I can vaguely remember, RDA was winning and had Alvarez in really deep trouble and just chased for the finish, similarly to the Edgar vs Maynard fights which was RDA's downfall.

But even then, Eddie never really made me think that he was going to be a force to be reckoned with inside the octagon.

Whoa...there is no such thing as a "Wrestler's Chance". There is always a small chance some wild unpredictable haymaker will catch someone off guard. No one ever has a lucky take-down and pin.
It got a lucky double-leg to side control then kimura. Just closed my eyes and ... boom.

It will only play a role when the height disparity is significant enough. Take the Foreman vs Qawi fight for example. Qawi was significantly shorter than Foreman and opted for a style that similar of Joe Frazier (Philly Shell) which made him fight even "Shorter" Qawi had to adjust his punches for the much taller Foreman, while Big George had to punch down at an angle.

The disparity of height between Conor and Khabib aren't nearly as dramatic.
The difference is that in MMA (and Muay Thai) the distance (the gap) between fighters is greater than in boxing. Thus, closing the gap is more critical. This accounts for the success of people like Machida and Wonderboy. When your opponent is shorter (implying both arm and leg reach) in MMA, it is easier and less dangerous for you to close the gap than for your smaller opponent. Fighting inside is also much more of a boxing than an MMA option. I think its also accepted that, for example, height is a huge advantage in fencing where bridging the gap is similarly critical.

I might have to watch that fight again, but from what I can vaguely remember, RDA was winning and had Alvarez in really deep trouble and just chased for the finish, similarly to the Edgar vs Maynard fights which was RDA's downfall.

But even then, Eddie never really made me think that he was going to be a force to be reckoned with inside the octagon.
Even after he ran beat Benson Henderson, Pettis and Cerrone? After being Strikeforce champ for so long you never thought he would be a force? Cmon now, he was a shoe in for top5 since he signed

Anyway, look at this pressure, this is what will be Mcgregors undoing, a robot that doesn't give up and keeps slamming you over and over and over. This is exhausting just to look at

Even after he ran beat Benson Henderson, Pettis and Cerrone? After being Strikeforce champ for so long you never thought he would be a force? Cmon now, he was a shoe in for top5 since he signed

Anyway, look at this pressure, this is what will be Mcgregors undoing, a robot that doesn't give up and keeps slamming you over and over and over. This is exhausting just to look at

I have never seen Eddie Alvarez outside of the UFC, I have heard of him, seen some of his highlights but never entire fights. So I judged him based off his fights in the UFC. And he didn't look great against his first couple of fights (granted they were against tough opposition) despite winning most of them. With the exception of the Cowboy fight, I think he lost that one.

Edit: will add more onto my post when I'm at the pc. Using mobile for now.

Last edited:
I have never seen Eddie Alvarez outside of the UFC, I have heard of him, seen some of his highlights but never entire fights. So I judged him based off his fights in the UFC. And he didn't look great against his first couple of fights (granted they were against tough opposition) despite winning most of them. With the exception of the Cowboy fight, I think he lost that one.

SO based off the UFC which is knocking out RDA, knocking out Gaithje, beating Melendez, Pettis, you don't rate him?

Cmon now, Alvarez is easy top 5 LW in anyones books, he has done his time and had belts in top two orgs. Who beat him? Mcgregor? Poirier? Cerrone? Cerrone is huge and the other two are top 5 LW also. Go away if you are not going to talk facts. He is a legit LW.

Dont confuse crazy, one legged, flying knee Conor that fought Chad Mendes with the one that fought Eddie or will fight Khabib. The guys are wrestling machines at TAM and say Chad has the best single leg in the game, where his explosive movements can get him to explode to areas and close the distance that Khabib can not. Eddie tried his darnedest to wrestle, and also has phenomenal MMA wrestling, but smart Conor came prepared, humbled and focused that time. Conor obviously knows he can't be winging flying and spinning kicks vs Khabib. Khabib is very much like Ronda in that he really relies on the clinch and forward pressure to get the clinch - once he gets there, he is the best, but getting there is difficult vs a guy like focused Conor.

It is a great fight because it is not open and shut. No one has walked fresh Conor down and not entered buzz saw-ville. I will be interested to see how greatly Khabib respects that power or just fights him like Barboza, as Barboza may have flashy kicks but mediocre hands, footwork and movement. Let's not forget Conor had the highest TD% in the UFC prior to Mendes, and minus that fight, he is still way at the top.

Back