Bellator 206: Mousasi vs MacDonald 9/29 8PM ET Prelims/10PM Main Card PBP Discussion Thread

Can't blame him considering how machida looked against mousasi compared to how he looked against Rockhold lol

I know, right? People make excuses for Machida all the time saying he just got popped for something (DHEA) you can buy over the counter. If they think that's all he was taking, I have a nice, barely used bridge to sell them.

Good night for bellator but that fucking DAZN app for iOS is shit

Rory isn't as good as he thinks he is, just accept reality, the sooner, the better.
The thing that has to tear him apart inside is that he really is a fantastic fighter. He could easily be a top fiver i the UFC for many years and even win the strap with the right opponent.

Problem is if you compare him to GSP, Rory is kind of a 7.5/10 everywhere whereas GSP was I pretty damned close to a 10/10 MMA wrestler. Rory doesn't have any one skillset that he can really rely on to threaten guys when he doesn't like what's happening and that seems to have created a ceiling for him. I feel like what makes him one of the scariest fighters for someone outside of the top ten to face flips over to he's going to take some beatings against these belt level fighters who can dominate him somewhere.

LOL Apparently, Bellator's UK broadcast ran over and cut to local programming before the main event started.

giphy.gif

Also, Moose should've been in the HW grand prix, he would've been the favorite.

He isn’t one of the great fighters of all time. People were hyping him up to be one of the greats of all time. That part did not pan out. He’s a good fighter but not ever going down as a legend.
I don't deal with GOAT talks myself but can imagine some of the people on here were prob on that tip. One of the best in the game no doubt though.

Did people seriously sign up for DAZN?

I found this card no problem. lol fuck that site.

it was more a skill advantage than size advantage. Mousasi wasn't over powering him. He was landing crisp jabs; that's what made Rory go for that desperation dive for a takedown (or was he trying to pull guard?). the size probably did play a part in how easily Gegard beat him on the ground but rory was already in desperation mode in the 2nd round because he was getting clearly beaten in standup.

Really liking the respect and affection Rampage is showing to Wanderlei after the fight and now in his desk interview

good fight followed by inspiring class between long time bitter rivals. Couldnt have hoped for more from that match

Nice KO by Pico. Didn't expect that one to end in the first.

Back