That fight was F'n weird - why did Chael jump off while having complete back control!?!?!?

It looked weird to me, too, until I remember how Sonnen fought in the past:

He likes to take risky flashy moves.

Gif-bildes-8.gif

sonnen-whoops.gif

Why do people claim fix everytime some really old dudes fight in bellator? Shit is going to get weird when you have guys like that fight each other. It was just Chael doing what he always does. He goes all in, and if it doesn't work, he knows when to fold.

LMAO at Chael thinking he could do that

He probably can do that to some people his size, just not a guy with a base and size like Fedor.

You guys that think this was fixed really need to find a new sport. Chael ate one of Fedors hammers in the first ten seconds. Chael was done after that punch, completely compromised and wasn't coming back.

Props to Chael for atleast making an entertaining fight when he should have been finished in about 30 seconds.

Fight looked fixed tbh
Nah, Chael just knew he fucked up by fighting the Greatest HW of all time. He even said the shots were hurting, so I'm sure he was tired of getting hit lol He had no business in there with Fedor, we all knew what was gonna happen. He was put down like 4 seconds in.

Sherbros obviously know what they're talking about.

Chael's grip was too high and loose. No matter how many times he denies it, he was going for the Vieira flip. Is there a move in collegiate wrestling that you end up on your back?

Seems like a low percentage move. I like what Fedor did to Sylvia better with the hooks in.

FEDOR BOPS HIM OFF HIS BACK. Watch again. Chael is too high and Fedor knows it.

How about you watch that gif a couple of times.

Fedor doesn't even move when Chael decides to flip by himself.

You have to be retarded to think he was getting a rnc but he should have at least kept the position

The way Chael just turtles and waits for the ref to stop it then immediately jumps to his feet after and doesn’t even look particularly hurt.

Guy is a mental midget. Just like most big mouths are. They over compensate

I posted a similar thread in the worldwide mma section, the whole thing was weird

I will also say having chael v bader in the final of the """hw grand prix""" would make bellator look retarded.

I don’t watch a lot of wrestling. Chael did what kind in College? Greco or Freestyle or something? Is there ever a reason in any style of wrestling to roll to your back even if you have back control if your opponent?

I’m not saying he threw the fight but I don’t buy his “I used to do this in college all the time” story. It also kind of looks he let go of his grips on purpose. Another thing, Chael is an mma fighter first, bjj player second. Why wouldn’t he want top turtle. In bjj, guys can turtle up and stall. In mma can strike from there to prevent stalling. He can get hooks in. If he gets hooks in, he can flatten Fedor out. He can still get a choke from the top position, if that’s what he was looking for.

Bellator has fixed fights in the past and it’s not out of the realm of possibilities for them to do it again. The Fedor vs Sonnen fight was fixed, just like the Tito vs Chael was fixed. Chael is a scumbag

Botched Leo Vieira BJJ technique

But it looked like he tried it out once in practice and it worked against some blue belt, so he was like "Hey, I think it's a great idea to use this against a Sambo master that was whooping my ass on the feet"

This. Big John even alluded to it. Remember, Chael rhymes with fail...

SONNEN-STRIKES-OUT.gif

Last edited:
Back