That fight was F'n weird - why did Chael jump off while having complete back control!?!?!?

He tried to do some weird BJJ move (roll from back control to D'arce or similar choke) that he would have to be stronger than his opponent and much better at BJJ than he is, to pull off. He did it because he wasn't feeling strong enough to do anything with the dominant position he already had. It made no sense logically.

The strength and punching power difference was just too much to overcome. Even if he didn't basically give it away, his beating was coming to him sooner or later.

Chael fights are always a little fishy. The Tito fight, both Anderson fights, this fight. Either hes a really awkward dude or something else is going on.

Last edited:
if it would have worked everybody would be praising Chael

To me, it was one of the oddest moves I have ever seen. It made no sense.

The fight did seem off. It's hard for me to believe that Sonnen would turn down an opportunity to beat a legend and the money that could come with it in the next round.

<Fedor23>

Fight looked fixed tbh

Biggest Fedor fan here but yeah this fight looked strange to say the least.

Sonnen is such a spaz it looks like he is trying to lost some fights. He just ends up in the weirdest positions that you never see other guys get into.

Biggest Fedor fan here but yeah this fight looked strange to say the least.

Sonnen is such a spaz it looks like he is trying to lost some fights. He just ends up in the weirdest positions that you never see other guys get into.

No it was a strategic move to have a decent position and have the guys back and flip off and land on your own back in a vulnerable position.

You can pretend I'm trolling all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that Chael obviously threw the fight.
Lol you obviously never fought yourself or even trained. That was not a fix that was Fedor vs a unskilled wrestler

Lol you obviously never fought yourself or even trained. That was not a fix that was Fedor vs a unskilled wrestler

It looked fixed... you're just all up in your emotions because you're a big Fedor fanboy

Your love for Fedor is shadowing your judgement.

It looked fixed... you're just all up in your emotions because you're a big Fedor fanboy

Your love for Fedor is shadowing your judgement.
I like Fedor not A fanboy at all. If it looked fixed to you its because of your own lack of combat experience.

No it was a strategic move to have a decent position and have the guys back and flip off and land on your own back in a vulnerable position.

It's like the 2nd Silva fight where he loads up on a spinning back fist, trips over and ends up in an awful position sitting on his butt with his back to the cage with his oppoenent standing over him.

You never see other guys do shit like that.

I like Fedor not A fanboy at all.

Now you're obviously trying to water down your fanboy- ism for Fedor in an attempt to sound like you're speaking with a voice of reason lol

Not sure why you're so bothered by the fixed Fedor fight lol

Now you're obviously trying to water down your fanboy- ism for Fedor in an attempt to sound like you're speaking with a voice of reason lol

Not sure why you're so bothered by the fixed Fedor fight lol
Uhm ok? Havnt even watched all of fedors fights since he left strikeforce lol

Sonnen is unskilled? His best wins were all dominant wrestling performances
His wrestling is ok. Fedor threw him easy as hell though like a wrestler should never be thrown. Rest of sonnen is zero skill

I couldnt believe it when i saw it, you got Fedors back and instead going for the RNC he does the weirdest roll, that looked like some pro wrestling shit but i dont think it was fixed, thats the Sonnen curse he finds a way to lose really feel bad for Chael, would have been cool for him to become champ especially since he promised his dad before he passed that he would be a world champion.

Uhm ok? Havnt even watched all of fedors fights since he left strikeforce lol

Stop lying lol

I'm sure you're probably snuggled in with your Fedor bedsheets. Fedor is getting old man. He can't be the destroyer of worlds forever.

Stop lying lol

I'm sure you're probably snuggled in with your Fedor bedsheets. Fedor is getting old man. He can't be the destroyer of worlds forever.
Why u so adament on making me into a fedor nuthugger just because im saying it does not look fixed? I love Fedor but havent really followed him in years. Chael is pure shit so dont know why u trying to say its fixed when its clear he just sucks

Chael fights are always a little fishy. The Tito fight, both Anderson fights, this fight. Either hes a really awkward dude or something else is going on.

His losses yes. His wins are typically very dominant wrestling technique. Bisping, Stann, Marquardt, Okami... He looked great for a while there.

This guy has some really good wins throughout his career but every once in a while he just shits the bed.

Back