• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Elizabeth Warren Releases DNA Test Showing "Strong Evidence" of Native American Ancestry

If the best she could do was find a genealogist to say she's possibly 0.1% indigenous ancestry, then criticism of her claims has been understated. Having possibly one ancestor from 6-10 generations ago be indigenous to North or South America is not being of Native American descent.
it is but in a very small sense, but its not being a native american person. Natives are really getting screwed. recently the cherokees were forced to let african americans into their tribe because of some treaty made while genocide was occurring. meanwhile the us violated pretty much every treaty they made with natives.

Calling it an epithet is a stretch IMO . . . full bloods often call those of us less than full blood worse. It happens. We get over it and move on.

Trump called her "Pocahontas" because he believed her claim of Native ancestry was false and that she was a deluded fantasist.

Did you really not understand that?

Jesus. If you said you were 1/24th black, and then a test showed that you're 1/24th black, that would support what you said.
She didnt claim to be 1/24th, she claimed to be an Indian.
Perhaps we can argue about percentage can lay claim to that.
Her percentage is also far less than 1/24.
if 1/1000 matches her claim... well, i guess you are right.
i think it only reasonable to take the next step and actually claim everyone as black as we all came from Africa, anyways.

She never applied to a job at Harvard (they recruited her), and Harvard was unaware that she had any NA ancestry when she was hired. You're quoting an opinion piece that is making an objectively false factual claim. I'll be ignoring your posts from here.

Her own words after being busted out...

“Democratic Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren, fending off questions about whether she used her Native American heritage to advance her career, said today she enrolled herself as a minority in law school directories for nearly a decade because she hoped to meet other people with tribal roots.

“I listed myself in the directory in the hopes that it might mean that I would be invited to a luncheon, a group something that might happen with people who are like I am. Nothing like that ever happened, that was clearly not the use for it and so I stopped checking it off,” said Warren.”
https://web.archive.org/web/20180214210208/http://www.bostonherald.com/node/1061128808/comments

Brother she’s 99.999% white if we go back the full 10 generations. Not only that but no Cherokee or Delaware DNA was used instead it was Peruvian/Mexican etc. I can’t speak for you but she’s made a fool of herself for no reason in my eyes

Use your head, Trump is now lying ("I didn't say that. You better read it again.") about not saying something that he is on tape saying. That means he lost on the issue.

No, there is right and wrong. Her claim was she had a Native American ancestor. Trump mocked her and said she was lying. She proved that she was telling the truth. She was 100% correct and Trump was 100% wrong.

Now you're trying to justify Trump's bullshit. It's disgusting man. No one is talking about you personally so why do you feel like you have to defend Trump?
i rate your claim fucking false
In that 2012 campaign ad, Warren said that her parents had to elope because her father’s family didn’t like that her mother “was part Cherokee and part Delaware.”

In that 2012 campaign ad, Warren said that her parents had to elope because her father’s family didn’t like that her mother “was part Cherokee and part Delaware.”
What claim? And what the fuck does this have to do with the issue?

Try to make sense in your next post.

Use your head, Trump is now lying ("I didn't say that. You better read it again.") about not saying something that he is on tape saying. That means he lost on the issue.

What is Trump lying about exactly? Are we arguing over .18 percent here or what?

What claim? And what the fuck does this have to do with the issue?

Try to make sense in your next post.
she didn't say she was an infinitesimal amount. she said: In that 2012 campaign ad, Warren said that her parents had to elope because her father’s family didn’t like that her mother “was part Cherokee and part Delaware.”
fact check already did this story, though it will be interesting to see the spin now that she's proven herself way less than 1%.

https://www.factcheck.org/2017/12/elizabeth-warrens-pocahontas-controversy/

My point was to illustrate this ridiculous notion that you can claim ancestry by having a tiny bit of native DNA. Most native tribes cut you off at 1/8th.
Why is it ridiculous? The family told her about the ancestor and when challenged she proved it to be true.

My family has done the same exact thing. We found out that we have a distant ancestor that was Native American and we thought it was really cool. I never used it on an application for anything, I look European and I never tried to join a tribe! But it's just a cool fact about our ancestor.

People made a big deal out of what Warren said out of tribal politics (taking Trump's racist and mocking lead) and got busted when she proved them wrong. It's glorious!

she didn't say she was an infinitesimal amount. she said: In that 2012 campaign ad, Warren said that her parents had to elope because her father’s family didn’t like that her mother “was part Cherokee and part Delaware.”
fact check already did this story, though it will be interesting to see the spin now that she's proven herself way less than 1%.

https://www.factcheck.org/2017/12/elizabeth-warrens-pocahontas-controversy/
Please start making sense because what you're saying has no impact to the actual topic.

Are you saying she lied and you know that since she has only a small % of Native American ancestry?

Literally within the 1st few seconds. She's a lying sack of shit. LMAO at the dipshits in here defending someone with .10% Native claiming to be Native. Guess Mike Perry is African since he's got 20 times more African in him than Warren has Native in her.

Yeah cincymma what the fuck does her claim that her mother was Native American have to do with her now getting blowback for not being Native American at all....we be dumb amirite?

That's not relevant to the issue, though, as she only claimed to have a tiny bit of NA ancestry.
She obviously did it to gain brownie points with the voters to line up her presidential run. You shouldn't be able to claim relationship from certain ancestry throughout the ages just because we got a tiny bit of DNA down the line. That just smacks of pandering.

Back